These warnings keep happening - and nothing comes from it. Time and again a massive russian attack is predicted but never eventuates.

It's just clickbait.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    sometimes on and off over the years, we talk about Russia and zerg rush tactics like the prospect of doing another blitzkrieg or all-out assault on strategic zones.

Well, it seems they are preparing to do something of that sort again.

Five hundred tanks. More than 600 fighting vehicles. Hundreds of howitzers. Forty thousand troops. According to Ukraine’s eastern command, Russia has assembled a huge field army in eastern Ukraine opposite the free Ukrainian city of Kupyansk.

It’s obvious what this army aims to do: retake a huge swathe of Kharkiv Oblast that the Russians briefly occupied in 2022—until a powerful Ukrainian counteroffensive liberated most of the oblast late that year.

Everything east of the nearest major river is the goal. “The Russian Federation plans to seize the entire Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts and part of Kharkiv Oblast up to the Oskil River by March 2024,” the Ukrainian Center for Defense Strategies explained. The river threads through Kupyansk from the north.

hy March? Because that’s when Russia will “vote” for “president” in a national “election.” In fact, Vladimir Putin is the only real candidate—and will maintain his brutal, dictatorial control over Russia and the Russian war of aggression in Ukraine.

A slice of Kharkiv would be an election-day gift to Putin from the Russian army in Ukraine.
    You have been consistently wrong for years now and yet you keep falling for this. How do you do it?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    sometimes on and off over the years, we talk about Russia and zerg rush tactics like the prospect of doing another blitzkrieg or all-out assault on strategic zones.

Well, it seems they are preparing to do something of that sort again.

Five hundred tanks. More than 600 fighting vehicles. Hundreds of howitzers. Forty thousand troops. According to Ukraine’s eastern command, Russia has assembled a huge field army in eastern Ukraine opposite the free Ukrainian city of Kupyansk.

It’s obvious what this army aims to do: retake a huge swathe of Kharkiv Oblast that the Russians briefly occupied in 2022—until a powerful Ukrainian counteroffensive liberated most of the oblast late that year.

Everything east of the nearest major river is the goal. “The Russian Federation plans to seize the entire Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts and part of Kharkiv Oblast up to the Oskil River by March 2024,” the Ukrainian Center for Defense Strategies explained. The river threads through Kupyansk from the north.

hy March? Because that’s when Russia will “vote” for “president” in a national “election.” In fact, Vladimir Putin is the only real candidate—and will maintain his brutal, dictatorial control over Russia and the Russian war of aggression in Ukraine.

A slice of Kharkiv would be an election-day gift to Putin from the Russian army in Ukraine.
    People talk about Russia as "zerg rush" as they have a missunderstanding on how the Blitzkrieg worked.

It wasn't "an all-out assault on strategic zones".
    It was a highly organized logistically backed push that worked crazy well. When Russia started this attack? They only had a front wave. They pushed, they faltered, and in lots of places had to pull back far.

The blitzkrieg? The logistical front moved in-step but behind the front-line. A tank running out of fuel? Not an issue because the support squadron is two hours away. Or well, yes it was an issue. The tank shouldn't have run out of fuel in the first place what was that commander doing.

The point still stands.

So far Russia hasn't had organized backlines and support when doing their massive offensives. Just a huge offensive.
    - Lars

Well, either way, this looks like a big one. Several sites are reporting on the military buildup there in the north east, a pretty large assault force.
    What wasn't mentioned though, was that the Ukrainians are expecting them and have been building bunkers and trenches, have a couple brigades ready and thousands of bomb drones.
    It will be a bloody one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    You have been consistently wrong for years now and yet you keep falling for this. How do you do it?
    Alcohol
    wanting to get us all scared
    trolling
    wishful thinking

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's hilarious how Ukraine appears to have superior naval warfare capabilities without having a navy.

Apparently this ship had 50 Russian lads on it? Seems pretty expensive either way.
    Honestly it's fascinating and I bet a lot of other naval powers are taking notes at how effective small, unmanned craft are are at destroying ships. Even if they aren't as inept as Russia when it comes to guarding their assets, it's still a concern to look into for countries with prominent navies.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Honestly it's fascinating and I bet a lot of other naval powers are taking notes at how effective small, unmanned craft are are at destroying ships. Even if they aren't as inept as Russia when it comes to guarding their assets, it's still a concern to look into for countries with prominent navies.
    And it isn't even anything new (beyond the unmanned part). In the first World War, Italy took out this

with one of these (note the torpedo).

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    These warnings keep happening - and nothing comes from it. Time and again a massive russian attack is predicted but never eventuates.

It's just clickbait.
    While Yuppie's framing is as bad as always, I wouldn't quite dismiss the notion that the Russians might try an offensive there.

The artillery ammo shortage has become a serious issue for Ukraine, again. The Republican party did what the RuZZkis couldn't. Give Russia an edge again.

I absolutely don't see the Russians retaking Kharkiv, but they might create some buffer between Ukraine and Belgorod.

right now it is a race before US elections yes. The Republicans have shown their intent is to defund everything in Russia's favor.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

right now it is a race before US elections yes. The Republicans have shown their intent is to defund everything in Russia's favor.
    Really wish that I took a journalist education and got assigned to the US so I could ask Republicans why they're so eager to see Russia win, when they keep calling them an enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    Really wish that I took a journalist education and got assigned to the US so I could ask Republicans why they're so eager to see Russia win, when they keep calling them an enemy.
    well, that's obvious. Money. If someone streamed you millions of dollars to betray your country, I think it would be too tempting.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    well, that's obvious. Money. If someone streamed you millions of dollars to betray your country, I think it would be too tempting.
    That's quite telling...but I honestly am not surprised you'd turn traitor in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    That's quite telling...but I honestly am not surprised you'd turn traitor in a heartbeat.
    It has nothing to do with me. I am just rationalizing to the other person why the Republicans, or anyone else really like with Orban, would undermine Ukraine for Russia. And the simple cold-stone logic is cash and self-preservation.

Many American politicians would take the risk of either going to ADX Florence or being strapped for life at the expense of innocents.

15+ Year Old Account
    It has nothing to do with me. I am just rationalizing to the other person why the Republicans, or anyone else really like with Orban, would undermine Ukraine for Russia. And the simple cold-stone logic is cash and self-preservation.

Many American politicians would take the risk of either going to ADX Florence or being strapped for life at the expense of innocents.
    Working with people who simply buy themselves whatever they want is the opposite of self-preservation most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Can't wait for this interview https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1754953564173042041?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Can't wait for this interview https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1754953564173042041?s=20
    there are so many reasons to laugh about this, not the least of which being tucker firmly placing both of elon's balls in his mouth before he begins humming.

and elon tweeted it out.

lotta subs in right wing circles, looks like. lotta subs indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    there are so many reasons to laugh about this, not the least of which being tucker firmly placing both of elon's balls in his mouth before he begins humming.

and elon tweeted it out.

lotta subs in right wing circles, looks like. lotta subs indeed.
    It's about time to listen a bit to the other side too right? Elon tweeted this out, because the video with the most views in the history of twitter is about to land. Everyone and their grandmothers have been waiting for this interview.

It's about time to listen a bit to the other side too right? Elon tweeted this out, because the video with the most views in the history of twitter is about to land. Everyone and their grandmothers have been waiting for this interview.
    What other side? Russia? Who we've been listening to since they announced that they were beginning a "3-day special operation to denazify eastern ukraine" almost two full years ago?

What does Elon tweeting it out have to do with anything beyond him playing to his right wing base of reactionaries and people who happily gobble up propaganda? What value is there in listening to someone do a puff-piece interview of a murderous authoritarian who regularly has political opponents assassinated?

Given that Twitter has rapidly lost relevancy, and users, I'm not sure I believe your claim that "everyone and their grandmothers" have been waiting for this.

This instead seems a lot like that TEXIT movement guy that recently tweeted about how Texas should secede because it has all these great things going for it including "warm weather ports", which is a uniquely Russian think to care about - or even know about really - because in Texas and the US we simply call ports "ports" without differentiating.

I'm not interested in a propagandist spreading propaganda on a platform that's become a haven for propaganda and misinformation, but thanks.

Guess it's time to call my optometrist because the fucking eyeroll this idiotic statement caused no doubt resulted in some serious damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the hell would I be interested in any of that?

The "interview" is going to be boring as fuck. There is going to be nothing interesting there. We are obviously going to hear soft-ball questions (that Russia already know beforehand) answered with state propaganda that we've already heard. If you are expecting something amazing here, you are a fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?