The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alach View Post
    But... but...
    An abrams was set on fire!
    Honestly that little smug victory lap gets even funnier and funnier the more jets and ships Ukraine continues to blow up, with dead air about equivalent Ukranian mechanical losses (like I don't think Russia's still been able to hit a single HIMARS unit since they got shipped over?)

Like he could've at least come in to smugly post about Russia's recent land gains, and that could actually be worth discussing and debating. But my man really picked the most asinine thing to be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Honestly that little smug victory lap gets even funnier and funnier the more jets and ships Ukraine continues to blow up, with dead air about equivalent Ukranian mechanical losses (like I don't think Russia's still been able to hit a single HIMARS unit since they got shipped over?)

Like he could've at least come in to smugly post about Russia's recent land gains, and that could actually be worth discussing and debating. But my man really picked the most asinine thing to be proud of.
    Well today they got their first visually confirmed HIMARS kill. After nearly 2 years. They filmed it from 3 drones so they can say they destroyed 6 after mirroring.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Ukraine Pravda reports the Ukrainian intelligence managed to hack into the Russian mod. This could be fun.
    Last edited by alach; 2024-03-05 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Well today they got their first visually confirmed HIMARS kill. After nearly 2 years. They filmed it from 3 drones so they can say they destroyed 6 after mirroring.
    Ohh no. I'm now demoralized and have decided to stop supporting Ukraine.

On any sane planet where Congress isn't ruled by a sellout like Johnson, we should be able to just go -OK LOL, we'll send 2 others.

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Millennial View Post
    On any sane planet where Congress isn't ruled by a sellout like Johnson, we should be able to just go -OK LOL, we'll send 2 others.
    Alas we live in a world of self serving limp dicks.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    A damn shame, honestly. Those machines have been doing good work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Video of the ship being hit multiple times by the sea drones.

[v3QYxhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfwvz43QYxU[/vo]
    Am I the only one that continues to find it wild to be watching a war unfolding through youtube videos with, I guess Ukrainian sea shanties(?), playing over footage of a ship being blown to pieces, even 2 years into the war?

Apparently Macron is trying to convince other EU countries to send troops to Ukraine:

PRAGUE, March 5 (Reuters) - French President Emmanuel Macron told expats in Prague on Tuesday it was time for Ukraine's allies to step up, adding that a moment was being approached "in our Europe where it will be appropriate not to be a coward."
    Macron has faced a backlash from many Western allies after he discussed the idea of sending Western troopsto Ukraine at a Paris-based conference on Ukraine on Feb. 26.
    But during a visit to Prague on Tuesday, Macron said he stood by his comments, and that a "strategic leap" was necessary.
    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ne-2024-03-05/

US is saying that Zelensky didn't ask for troops but rather material:

https://youtu.be/K4y3A2PTEPs?si=QCQhOKxVcgtm5vqq

Meanwhile Germany plans (sais the title of the article, considering is more appropriate I'd say) to reinstate compulsory military conscription:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...on/ar-BB1jnvh6

We also learned that UK regular army already in Ukraine helping targeting missile strikes to Russia troops:
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-military-leak

The British Ministry of Defence has declined to comment on the leak:
    https://news.sky.com/story/germany-a...raine-13087060

More on the leak: Apparently someone dialed in a meeting from non secure line: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...l-germany-says

Lastly, EU aims to shift European arms industry to ‘war economy mode’:
    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...de-2024-03-04/
    Last edited by Ulmita; 2024-03-05 at 11:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Apparently Macron is trying to convince other EU countries to send troops to Ukraine:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ne-2024-03-05/

US is saying that Zelensky didn't ask for troops but rather material:

https://youtu.be/K4y3A2PTEPs?si=QCQhOKxVcgtm5vqq

Meanwhile Germany plans (sais the title of the article, considering is more appropriate I'd say) to reinstate compulsory military conscription:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...on/ar-BB1jnvh6

We also learned that UK regular army already in Ukraine helping targeting missile strikes to Russia troops:
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-military-leak

The British Ministry of Defence has declined to comment on the leak:
    https://news.sky.com/story/germany-a...raine-13087060

More on the leak: Apparently someone dialed in an meeting from non secure line: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...l-germany-says
    UK forces in Ukraine were no secret, they've been "training" Ukrainian forces since before Russia started its build up and get mentioned every so often in the media here, think they confirmed special forces are a part of that, but get vague about not discussing the operations of special forces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    UK forces in Ukraine were no secret, they've been "training" Ukrainian forces since before Russia started its build up and get mentioned every so often in the media here, think they confirmed special forces are a part of that, but get vague about not discussing the operations of special forces.
    There's a difference between "training" and guiding missiles to targets though. I think the Germans are full of the old excrement though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    There's a difference between "training" and guiding missiles to targets though. I think the Germans are full of the old excrement though.
    Yeah and sending special forces to do it means sending the most overqualified, over equipped, and valuable resource for a job anyone else in the military could do. Weird you would do that, right? Not like those training exercises have historically turned out to be fronts for actual special operations either.

The western special forces aren't involved in anyway - they are, as been pointed out many times, the embassy guards. Training of Ukrainian recruits isn't taking place in Ukraine, but outside of it.

And despite what russian agitprop is trying to spew forth, Macron is not suggesting Western forces would be going to fight. What he was suggesting was taking over a few rear echelon jobs way, way away from the front to free up Ukrainian soldiers. At the most they would be taking over air defence to fend off Russian terror missile and drone strikes on civilian targets. Suggesting anything else is fear mongering. Remember, Ukraine is a sovereign country and it can welcome anyone it wants into it and russia has no say in that.

On the ship sinking yesterday, turns out it was a two for one deal. There was a helicopter on board that went down with the ship so Ukrainian sea drones can now add an aircraft kill to their tally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post

On the ship sinking yesterday, turns out it was a two for one deal. There was a helicopter on board that went down with the ship so Ukrainian sea drones can now add an aircraft kill to their tally.
    So russia loses Subs on land, Helis to naval drones and I recall a story about a woman throwing a can of something or other at a russian drone in the beginning of the war and eliminating it. russia really seems to go for the most absurd losses award this round eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The western special forces aren't involved in anyway - they are, as been pointed out many times, the embassy guards. Training of Ukrainian recruits isn't taking place in Ukraine, but outside of it.

And despite what russian agitprop is trying to spew forth, Macron is not suggesting Western forces would be going to fight. What he was suggesting was taking over a few rear echelon jobs way, way away from the front to free up Ukrainian soldiers. At the most they would be taking over air defence to fend off Russian terror missile and drone strikes on civilian targets. Suggesting anything else is fear mongering. Remember, Ukraine is a sovereign country and it can welcome anyone it wants into it and russia has no say in that.

I’m literally repeating our government’s line on what they’re doing which is that they’re there, they’re training local forces but beyond that they don’t comment on operations. And again, historically, when the OSA expires, there’s a very high frequency that it turns out that “training local forces” is a euphemism for something more direct, so targeting for missile strikes honestly isn’t implausible.

But you’re right a lot of training is happening outside of Ukraine, which once again only adds to the murk. This is only the UKs stance though, I’ve not seen anything to suggest other countries might be doing anything similar. Different counties do different things differently.

Me personally I think it would be great if french and the western rout started to actually send their troops.
    I'd be okay even with proebaltic lands sending their trooper.

The more the merrier, as they say.

Так высылайте ж нам, витии,
    Своих озлобленных сынов:
    Есть место им в полях России,
    Среди нечуждых им гробов.
    Александр Пушкин, 1831, "Клеветникам России"

Quote Originally Posted by PgStckr View Post
    Me personally I think it would be great if french and the western rout started to actually send their troops.
    I'd be okay even with proebaltic lands sending their trooper.

The more the merrier, as they say.

Александр Пушкин, 1831, "Клеветникам России"
    What rout? And here I thought you had been replaced with a co-worker, given you didn't say "Okraine" few days ago, but "Ukraine" instead...Don't worry though, the orcish invaders are not gonna do any better no matter how many russian poems you make people here to translate

You happy now with possibly your first HIMARS destruction ever? There'll be AT LEAST a sextuple claim given the mirrored 3 drone footages right?

Surely everyone gives up now when one, out of 39 HIMARS systems is down, and it only has taken 400k nazi russians to achieve that. How's your wunderwaffe T-14 Armatas? Parade use only? Right, doesn't work in the field, and that is why there's news about Russia hesitating to send 'em in to avoid embarrasement.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/...75556944199725

An oil reservoir is reportedly on fire on the territory of the Mikhailovsky mining and processing plant in Kursk region, Russia - Russian media. Reportedly, a drone hit it.

The region's governor said that a warehouse of fuel and lubricants was on fire after a drone attack.

The plant is one of the largest in Russia and the CIS in the extraction and processing of iron ore.
    Explains the presence of certain thread vacation-chasers.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    T-14 Armatas? Parade use only? Right, doesn't work in the field
    Oh please, they don't work in parades either! It's a shame they're not sent to Ukraine...Now might never know if the turrets fly off in that model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Oh please, they don't work in parades either! It's a shame they're not sent to Ukraine...Now might never know if the turrets fly off in that model.
    Just wait, the collective piggie that is nazi russian propaganda force might one day realize that asking "western rout" to bring in troops and attacking those troops would start something the piggy really really really doesn't want to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Just wait, the collective piggie that is nazi russian propaganda force might one day realize that asking "western rout" to bring in troops and attacking those troops would start something the piggy really really really doesn't want to happen.
    Anyone who wants to fight the French, knows nothing about the French, never seen the French fight, never heard anyone who fought the French or fought alongside the French talk about the French.