Debatable about casualties (but at least they mentioned wounded, not just dead, which makes the number more believable). Too many armored vehicles in the list. Artillery, cars seems OK. Ships? Lol what? Airforce is highly doubtful - some losses yes, rest is just noncofirmed bs, even when over their own territory as there was no proof.
    200 PoW's - maybe 100.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Here is a link to Russia Central Bank End Period Statement.

https://cbr.ru/eng/hd_base/mrrf/mrrf...ery.To=02.2022

Yep. They have 630 billion.

The catch is that the dollars, euros and pounds, around two-third of the reserve, are basically IOU from EU Central Bank and the US Fed Reserve to Russia Central Bank. They could always say “No” when asked to transfer the funds for various transactions. The US did it to Iran.

Then there is that 132 billion in gold. Or around 2,300 tons of gold sitting in vault(s) throughout Russia. The problem is finding entities that are willing to accept (despite the sanction) and capable of handling literally pallets of gold bars. Obviously, China could. Naturally at a discounted price. How about 20 million per ton instead of the market price of 61 million.

Would China be content to merely take legal ownership of the gold and leave it inside Russian vault(s)? What do you think? Imagine the logistical and security nightmare of transporting tons of gold on trains and trucks across Siberia and Central Asia.

They do have 84 billion in Chinese renminbi in reserve. They could be used to buy items from China. Two issues with this. China is also under tech sanction from the US. At least they could use it to buy food. Which is the one thing they don't need. Well, two things, they also have plenty of energy. It also does not solve the issue of maintaining the confidence of ruble as currency.

Looks like my country is also supplying anti-tank + anti-air weapons, body armor and first aid stuff to Ukraine now. It's probably not as much as some of the other countries but I'm really happy were trying to help..

A couple of my army buddies from back in the day has formed a training camp for ukrainians in Denmark that want to return home. Basic firearm handling, urban combat tactics and first aid training.

Do you guys think that we are playing with fire supplying Ukraine with weapons etc? We just got a nuclear mark over our heads, during these times it's probably better to just vanish for the smaller countries.

Not a good time to leave in Europe right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiregenesis View Post
    Do you guys think that we are playing with fire supplying Ukraine with weapons etc? We just got a nuclear mark over our heads, during these times it's probably better to just vanish for the smaller countries.
    There won't be nuclear war, especially not over Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Best part is, the dude is not even a politician. He is a comedian who decided to run for the office.
    If only Regan had been half the man Zelenskyy is.

I like the odd addition of 135 pieces of field ration along with 5k helmets, 5k vests and 5k antitank weapons Sweden is sending. Like...135? All they could gather from local supermarket?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

If Putin ends the world in nuclear fire over that he was going to force NATO's hand at some point anyway.

If it happens it happens, and there isn't a whole lot 'we' could have done to prevent it.
    Giving in to Russia is not an option.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    I like the odd addition of 135 pieces of field ration along with 5k helmets, 5k vests and 5k antitank weapons Sweden is sending. Like...135? All they could gather from local supermarket?
    It's 135k.

"Sweden just announced it will deliver 5000 anti-armour rocket launchers, 5000 body armour kits, 5000 helmets, and 135,000 field rations to the Ukrainian armed forces"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

7+ Year Old Account

Putin is only getting away with this invasion because too many people have that same attitude. "Playing things safe" just means Eastern European countries will keep getting bullied in the future.
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-02-27 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    It's 135k.
    Now that makes a lot more sense. Finnish news site totally screwed that one up, and wrote it as 135 pieces.

- 135 kenttämuona-annosta, 5000 kypärää, 5000 luotiliiviä ja 5000 panssarintorjunta-asetta, Andersson sanoi.
    The Finnish news translation lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    That's the relieving part in all this. Year 2022 starts to sound like the year we might get rid of european tyrannies for once and for all. Belarus actually did a favor of a sort by joining this war of aggression.
    If a coup happens in Belarus then you can be sure Putin will send Lukashenko tanks as a "friendly help". He will not want to loose control over yet another country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'm sure Ukraine will survive without Goulash pots...
    Yo, send some of them my way!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that makes a lot more sense. Finnish news site totally screwed that one up, and wrote it as 135 pieces.
    Yle has this:

Lisäksi Ruotsi aikoo lähettää Ukrainaan 5  000 kypärää, 5  000 vartalonsuojusta sekä 135  000 muona-annosta.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Yle has this:
    Iltalehti = fake news it seems like

Grow a pair. The US didn't defeat the Soviet Union by ducking everytime Stalin sneezed.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account

So you think Putin will start to send nukes into half of the EU? Please. He is fuming, because he sees sanctions and all that help coming to Ukraine and he can't do shit about it.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Lukashenko is one of the most obedient lapdogs you'll see in your lifetime.

Also, we need to at least partially mirror these sanctions on Belarus.
    That seems to be happening, and Belarus doesn't have nearly the resilience to handle them that Russia does.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully when Russia has lost the war we will see Belarus fall aswell, would be a great day when that dictatorship is gone

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    Hopefully when Russia has lost the war we will see Belarus fall aswell, would be a great day when that dictatorship is gone
    There is a massive gap between "this invasion has been a failure" and Russia actually losing.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death