Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's still willful ignorance.

Just because lots of people choose to be willfully ignorant, is not a good defense of such behavior.
    That's acknowledging reality for someone who claims to read a lot of sources you are rather ignorant of how dictators fall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    I really hope Putin pays for what he has done, sadly he will probably get away with it.
    Putin is not the type of leader whose career ends when he loses an election, hangs around for a couple more cycles to promote other candidates, and then supports themselves with the odd book and speech.

Putin is the type of leader who's on top of the world, until one day he's not, and one of his former allies assassinates him.

The way to make Putin pay is...exactly what's happening. Slam down on his friends for being his friends, the friends Putin surrounds himself with that are less protected but outnumber him, and wait for Lawful Evil to run its course. I am reminded of one of my favorite Bond villain lines of all time: "Remember, you are only President for life".

It is possible Putin will escape serious consequences, but that will require a dramatic reversal of both Western attitude and

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    China unlikely to accept Roubles because the currency is collapsing
    That, which is an excellent point by the way. Russia's economy took a hit for this, and it's been a week. Earlier I did napkin math to say Russia could lose 28% of its imports. The ruble was about 0.013 dollars in the early half of this month, and stable. Now it's 0.010 dollars. Which means, roughly estimating of course, they could end up paying the same amount they're paying now, even while getting 28% fewer items for it.

A sham set of peace talks are due, but when France sees Ukraine signing away a bunch of their land and people at literal gunpoint, France in particular is not going to say "well that's okay then, back to business as usual, sanctions gone, everything is fine wheeeeee". No. They will say "Трахаться и узнайте" and leave that shit on indefinitely. Probably apply them to the Ukrainians that Russia conquers, too, because if they're going to claim they're Russians that comes with both sides of the coin. We'll do the same. Probably most of us will.

If you are in the US, it's time to invest in American wheat. The US is already oil-crazy, but farms have had it rough during Trump's administration, haven't they? Well, if China's looking for a source of wheat to replace Russia's artificially inflated prices, it's time for Americans to crack open those seed catalogs. We'll see how Putin feels about his new economy while his people are, ironically enough, starving to death while unable to sell food.

Say what you want about Trump, he may or may not go to jail, but he won't be executed by Ivanka. Putin's retirement plan is no longer just about how much money he has, it's about how securely the door's locked.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    One picture is taking during the covid, the other one is not. More likely that Putin is just a Germaphobe like Trump is.
    But atleast both of the leaders in those pictures are war criminals, so they got that in common.
    Not an opportunity passed to point out "muh, but what about..." from Russian posters. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/...12511896051713

Anyone know what this is about / any evidence to back it up?
    If guilty, I wonder what the penalty for treason in war time, when the whole world is watching, will be ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it true that the Russians have lost 4000+ soldiers? If that's real, that's an insane number.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    And you think the Russians you have spoken to represent an entire country? that's like talking to a lot of Trump supporters and saying they represent America.
    Nope, which is why I explained myself quite clearly. Jesus, maybe you should actually read what I said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Not an opportunity passed to point out "muh, but what about..." from Russian posters. :P
    I'm not the one who brought up those 'others', or was the one who first compared them.

You Americans never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Is it true that the Russians have lost 4000+ soldiers? That's crazy if true.
    Can't be confirmed either way. Most likely inflated numbers, but considerable losses are guaranteed at this point.
    AFAIK, the quoted 4000+ includes injured, not just killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor Russia :'(

Would Russia be saved if someone shot Putin?

That's acknowledging reality for someone who claims to read a lot of sources you are rather ignorant of how dictators fall.
    Yes, the reality is that they are choosing willful ignorance in order to continue supporting murderous tyrants.

You are determined to make that a justifiable defense.

This is no different than how all the Trumpsters will continue to support him. You are just like them.

10+ Year Old Account
    One picture is taking during the covid, the other one is not. More likely that Putin is just a Germaphobe like Trump is.
    But atleast both of the leaders in those pictures are war criminals, so they got that in common.
    Tankies posting their "Ls". After spending like 5 years of post of "Burn the US down".

/e Ron Howard voice "but Gob failed to notice the smoke coming from his own kitchen."

I'm not the one who brought up those 'others', or was the one who first compared them.

You Americans never change.
    if im correct, slant isnt murican.

Yes, the reality is that they are choosing willful ignorance in order to continue supporting murderous tyrants.

You are determined to make that as a justifiable defense.

This is no different than how all the Trumpsters will continue to support him. You are just like them.
    Then you've completely missed my point.

We don't know how many Russians support Putin, their elections are a joke the polling is shit and most people aren't going to rise up to fight no matter what movies tell you.

Then you've completely missed my point.

We don't know how many Russians support Putin, their elections are a joke the polling is shit and most people aren't going to rise up to fight no matter what movies tell you.
    Except, we do know how many supported him. Their elections are a joke, but he was still rather popular.

This isn't just about violence, but simply speaking out, and condemning him for being a murderous fuckwad. This is about not doing every little fucking thing imaginable to justify his actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think it's a tad of a copium statement.

I am sure they expected just as much as that - people here seem to really like grasping at every little thing they can, but reality is - Russian reserves are VERY real, the statements about how sanctions will make Russia unable to utilize those are a bit overly optimistic and vague on detail.

Russia can last a loooooooooong time with this level of sanctions, especially given they have whole Europe still sucking on their gas pipe and paying for it increasingly jacked up prices like nothing happened. I just wonder what the price will be when long term contracts get renewed, because EU countries have little choice there.

They are in the long haul in this and they did their homework just fine as far as finance goes. Yes there will be a panic and ATM rush and what not, but what matters is not these few weeks of kneejerking, but what happens when dust settles and everyone chills out.
    I don't really buy the idea that it was expected to be this much of a certainty that the west would cut Russian banks of from SWIFT. They took a gamble on it, and it didn't play out in their favour, rather.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Tankies posting their "Ls". After spending like 5 years of post of "Burn the US down".

/e Ron Howard voice "but Gob failed to notice the smoke coming from his own kitchen."
    Yeah, my bad, Putin is not a germaphobe at all. He is perfectly normal clearly, which is why he now always meets world leaders by sitting within 1m of them.

Don't know why you guys want to normalize violent tyrants like Putin so badly.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    if im correct, slant isnt murican.
    He is as American as i'm Russian.

I'm enjoying the irony of Leninists and Stalinists working so hard to shill for Putin...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm enjoying the irony of Leninists and Stalinists working so hard to shill for Putin...
    Would be more fun if this forum had any.

Would be more fun if this forum had any.
    Oh, it has lots... sadly.

You have yourself a blessed day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, it has lots... sadly.
    You mean Russian nationalists? Because they are far from any sort of communist.