Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    putin seems to be getting more unhinged by the day. Are we certain he does not have the absolute authority on nukes? Some redditors claimed he does, and that the oligarchs and general staff have absolutely no power to veto or object to Putin's decisions.
    I don't see why Putin would hold a position without absolute power. Even if an oligarch did have say, Putin would just take his family hostage.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    That may be true but there is no rules for any of this at the moment, if you are a country who is not on Santa US good list you will want an alternative for your assets now.
    The concepts of "nuance" and "context" mean absolutely nothing to you, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I dunno, you just admitted the Swiss were forced to close access to North Korea, sounds like the same situation to me. Elaborate, please, on how it's "not the same situation in any way shape or form."
    The Swiss held the money for North Korea for decades and the sanctions were the result of a decision of the UN security council last but not least North Korea isn't entirely closed off from the financial system like Russia is at the moment. Everyone knows China along with other countries are laundering money for North Korea no one is threatening China openly because of it.

The Swiss held the money for North Korea for decades and the sanctions were the result of a decision of the UN security council last but not least North Korea isn't entirely closed off from the financial system like Russia is at the moment. Everyone knows China along with other countries are laundering money for North Korea no one is threatening China openly because of it.
    Yo, has North Korea invaded another country?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I hear some people say that Putin is actually an alien. Some people are saying it!
    Every leader is so eccentric. NK says their God-king's shit don't stink!

10+ Year Old Account
    We are talking about countries and the global financial system along with the rules that govern it not one random dude not following the law wow indeed.
    Yes, we are. I fail to see that the distinction matters at all in context.

This just seems like a failure on your part to understand the realistic consequences of diplomatic actions. Instead, you'd rather think, what, the only reason it hasn't been done before is that... it hasn't been done before?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yo, has North Korea invaded another country?
    Do you want a list of countries invading others we haven't done this to including ourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post

This just seems like a failure on your part to understand the realistic consequences of diplomatic actions. Instead, you'd rather think, what, the only reason it hasn't been done before is that... it hasn't been done before?

Do you just act like you're smarter than everyone else to play Devil's advocate or something?

yea a country is totally the same thing as some random dude walking the street

think we are done now.

Well, that dollar in the future might not be the only de facto currency of the world should be clear, especially after these events. Will the attempt to make it succeed? Under a question, but imho it is certain that China with "friends" will at least try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

The concepts of "nuance" and "context" mean absolutely nothing to you, do they?
    Feel free to elaborate on nuance and context that I am missing because there's no reason for other countries watching this not to be frightened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Well, that dollar in the future might not be the only de facto currency of the world should be clear, especially after these events. Will the attempt to make it succeed? Under a question, but imho it is certain that China with "friends" will at least try.
    Agreed that is a fair take, it has a better chance now though. China has been struggling to establish a separate financial system though it may take years if not decades they will give it their best shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea a country is totally the same thing as some random dude walking the street
    Tell me you don't know what "in context" means without telling me you don't know what "in context" means.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I mean, another thing I said that people rebuked was America wouldn't get involved, but Putin seems to be pushing that line SO hard right now it feels inevitable we will get fully involved. He's implicitly killing random American journalists and the sanctions are consequently coming down harder and harder, leading to his further downward spiral.

How can he be stopped? No one can obviously kill him, he can't be reasoned with at all anymore, and he said he explicitly will take Ukraine unless he is dead.

Today he made that crazed speech threatening the West and it was chilling. I think he will launch nukes eventually even as a mere warning, and that no one should have faith in him being pragmatic or rational now from the way he is.
    His inner circle can turn on him if he loses more of their money or continues to be an epic military joke.

Tell me you don't know what "in context" means without telling me you don't know what "in context" means.
    Tell me you want to contradict me for the sake of it without telling me, you are just niffed I used your own words against you now you are spinning your wheels. We can agree to disagree and leave it at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me you want to contradict me for the sake of it without telling me, you are just niffed I used your own words against you now you are spinning your wheels. We can agree to disagree and leave it at that.
    But... you didn't use my words against me. You clearly deleted the important <ahem> context from my statement and attempted to pass it off as a statement with entirely different meaning.

So, basically, you're either gaslighting or just confused. Your pick.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

SNIP.
    Feel free to have the last word, I know you have to so go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    His inner circle can turn on him.
    he literally said today he would execute all "traitors" which implies they tried and failed
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Feel free to elaborate on nuance and context that I am missing because there's no reason for other countries watching this not to be frightened.
    Other countries aren't blatantly invading their neighbors in transparent bids for conquest and committing war crimes while doing so, so yeah, I'd say there's a huge fucking reason for other countries not to be worried because of THAT context that you are somehow completely ignoring.

Other countries aren't blatantly invading their neighbors in transparent bids for conquest and committing war crimes while doing so, so yeah, I'd say there's a huge fucking reason for other countries not to be worried because of THAT context that you are somehow completely ignoring.
    I suggest you educate yourself of news around the world because that statement is rather ignorant.

I suggest you educated yourself of news around the world because that statement is rather ignorant.
    Then why don't you elaborate? Specifically, mind, not just the vague "it's not the same because I say so" that you've been spewing out.