7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    You should blame Russia because the current situation is 100% their doing, you know. Threre wouldn't be a potential starvation if, you know, Russia didn't invade a sovereign and democratic country. Don't blame the bullied guy for refusing to die.
    I blame Russia for sealing off Ukrainian ports and for their war denying the ability of farmers to plant crops.

I'll just as easily blame Zelensky for his actions if food companies are forced to leave Russia because that is what he wants, and I really hope Biden and other sane leaders don't give him that.

I need to calm down, waking up and getting hit in face that we will see a starvation crisis is not the best way to start the day.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Ah yeah cheering for the deaths and suffering of millions in Africa and the Middle East! clearly a true moral high ground.

But hey fuck Russia right?

Because thankfully Joe Biden isn't a genocidal maniac, and yes it does matter what Zelensky does when he engages in a pressure campaign for food companies to leave Russia, because those same companies export food around the entire globe.

I can't say the same about Zelensky, and certainly not about Putin. It's horrible enough losing Ukrainian shipments of food around the world, if we lose Russia's food shipments the world's bluntly fucked.
    Yes let's give in to every russian demand because they are holding someone a hostage.

Ooooor, maybe we should blow every single Russian soldier in Ukraine to hell and be over with this conflict?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    What aid can they offer and how?
    I'll be honest, I actually looked around for any even Russian sources that backed that claim. I found nothing, which I expected just like you did. Russia sent in like 150,000 troops and Mariupol alone has three times that. Claiming there's international aid into Ukraine from Russia is impossible to defend.

If your "self-defense" weapon results in potentially millions of people starving to death around the world then quite frankly I have nothing but contempt for you.

So no, fuck this logic right now. This is nazi/stalin level massacre, but what to expect from Ukraine a country which used water a war weapon against Crimeans, you know the very people that Ukraine claims at their own.
    Russia can sustain itself. Trade deals are a perk of being a civilized society, not a warmongering state, that's how it worked since bronze age. Nobody is sabotaging your ability to produce food.

Believe me, Kremlin and Russia in general can stop this, have all that trade back immediately, perhaps even with a goodwill bonus, if they just stop attacking a sovereign country and killing its civilians. That's all you have to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminder, Ukraine has yet to deploy the Switchblades from the US.

Baguette-sized flying bombs are about to enter service in Ukraine
    Their operators will be able to pick the best target in real time

Thats some real pithy language for the Economist.
    What happens to a Soviet Russian Army when their artillery capability is further degraded?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    The Guardian speculates that Ukraine may have more MBTs now than they did at the start of the conflict because, well, they're just there for the taking. The tractor meme might not have been just a meme after all.
    From Russian calculations Ukraine lost:
    1587 tanks (~65% of total)
    636 field artillery and mortars (~41%)
    163 MLRS launchers (~29%)
    112 planes (73%)
    75 helicopters(50%)
    35 Bayraktar TB2 drones (97% of total, supposedly only one left)
    142 long and medium-range AA complexes (82%)
    117 radar stations (~39%)

Just to show you disparity between Russian and Western viewpoints.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Ooooor, maybe we should blow every single Russian soldier in Ukraine to hell and be over with this conflict?
    Yes a full blown NATO-Russian war would certainly solve all our problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Russia can sustain itself. Trade deals are a perk of being a civilized society, not a warmongering state, that's how it worked since bronze age. Nobody is sabotaging your ability to produce food.

Believe me, Kremlin and Russia in general can stop this, have all that trade back immediately, perhaps even with a goodwill bonus, if they just stop attacking a sovereign country and killing its civilians. That's all you have to do.
    Whether or not Russia can sustain itself is not the problem here, the problem is that a lot of countries around the world rely on Russian food exports, many of which are being done by multinational companies. Zelensky is demanding they all leave Russia.

If Zelensky got his wish millions would die outside of Russia.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    I blame Russia for sealing off Ukrainian ports and for their war denying the ability of farmers to plant crops.
    Good, we all do.

I'll just as easily blame Zelensky for his actions if food companies are forced to leave Russia because that is what he wants.
    "If".

Plus, again, if Putin doesn't invade Russia this conversation never happens. Zelensky would not demand the US cut off food to Russia if Russia hadn't invaded. Zelensky's asking other countries to do this, not doing it himself. At best, you have someone asking for aid you disagree with while Putin sets up blockades and runs tanks over farmland. Oh, and murdering people.

I'll just as easily blame Zelensky for his actions if food companies are forced to leave Russia because that is what he wants, and I really hope Biden and other sane leaders don't give him that.

I need to calm down, waking up and getting hit in face that we will see a starvation crisis is not the best way to start the day.
    In some way, I understand your argument (a lesser evil is better than a bigger evil) but I cannot agree. Because then it's a perpetual nuke/starvation blackmail every time Putin throws a hissy fit.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2022-03-25 at 03:50 PM.

Yes a full blown NATO-Russian war would certainly solve all our problems.

Whether or not Russia can sustain itself is not the problem here, the problem is that a lot of countries around the world rely on Russian food exports, many of which are being done by multinational companies. Zelensky is demanding they all leave Russia.

If Zelensky got his wish millions would die outside of Russia.
    Who was talking about NATO? Heck, formally disband NATO for a week and let Poland handle this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    From Russian calculations
    Handwaved without a linked source. For all we know you invented those numbers.

If your "self-defense" weapon results in potentially millions of people starving to death around the world then quite frankly I have nothing but contempt for you. Putin closed the Ukrainian ports, so yeah he gets more of the blame, but I am not going to sit here and accept what Ukraine is doing.

So no, fuck this logic right now. This is nazi/stalin level massacre, but what to expect from Ukraine a country which used water a war weapon against Crimeans, you know the very people that Ukraine claims at their own.
    Yeah, indeed, fuck that logic right now, and forever. Because by that completely warped logic, anytime Russia demands someone to surrender to them, threatening millions of lives if refused, then by this fucked up logic they should immediately be given what they ask.

All the western countries to surrender and serve under Russian rule? OR MILLIONS WILL GET THE NU... Surrender, right? Millions at risk? SURRENDER IMMEDIATELY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

15+ Year Old Account
    112 planes (73%)
    75 helicopters(50%)
    35 Bayraktar TB2 (97% of total, supposedly only one left)

We're all aware of the disparity between Russian and Western reporting. As well as the disparity between Russian reporting and reality.

Ukraine said "Russia abducts children" when it literally evacuated orphans from rebel-controlled Donetsk before starting war.

Do you realize there are millions of Ukrainians who have relatives in Russia?
    I suppose that Ukrainian mayor was abducted evacuated by the Russians.

15+ Year Old Account

Kremlin stated more than once that Russia is self sufficient on food.
    Is it up to autocratic Kremlin to decide if companies want to do business in Russia or the companies. Their profit matters, if a shithole regime start a war and get sanctioned the companies need to adjust.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2022-03-25 at 03:53 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

112 planes (73%)
    75 helicopters(50%)
    35 Bayraktar TB2 drones (97% of total, supposedly only one left)

And how many vehicles, tanks, launchers, and more has Ukraine and/or their farmers stolen?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Just like your markets become irrelevant to Russians so will your "human rights comissions/courts".
    It's a terrible day for people when human rights become irrelevant.

Stop living in fantasy world of "pure evil Russia".
    We don't blame the Russian people in general, its your warmongering boss and his lackeys we have issues with, who want the glory days of the USSR back! You know the guys sending your own troops totally unprepared into a meat grinder for totally BS reasons!

If you are happy going back to the Russia of the 1980's with fuck all in the shops carry on! Should be fun when current consumer electronics start to fail in a few years and you can't get western replacements, China is not going to bail you out on that front as they also rely on western chips, which are embargoed as dual use items and won't risk their own supply.

So basically you are fucked! Putin needs to go for your own sake's.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Even for you this is weak and disgusting but how does this justify an unprovoked invasion and mass murder and kidnap?
    With Epstein gone, there's a market. Very durable people. You could get a dozen or so Republican senators out of them before a kid ages out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I suppose that Ukrainian mayor was abducted evacuated by the Russians.
    Reminds me of how Crimea was evacuated out ouf Ukraine
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.