Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    When British intelligence worked to fool the Germans on the Allies' invasion point of Sicily in WW2, they plotted to use the corpse of a homeless man dressed up like a military official who had ostensibly died in a plane crash at sea, handcuffing a briefcase containing fabricated documents showing a spot different than the one they actually intended to invade. They meticulously plotted out a fake life story, gave the body documents and personal effects to support the story, gave the individual a rank in which they would be entrusted with documents but still fit in with the body's lean physique, devised a CO2 pressurized vessel to store the body to keep it from decaying without freezing it (ice damage could have been revealed via autopsy,) and then released the body from a submarine and set it to drift into a spanish port whose officials they knew were sympathetic to the germans and would hand the briefcase over to them. The British planted tells in the documents entrusted to the body so that they could tell whether the envelopes containing the documents had been opened before the Spanish returned them to them, and, upon eventually receiving the body and documents back, could tell they had and that the false information had been relayed to the Germans.
    https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...ryId=127742365

I thought they did this on the D-day landings too but maybe not. This is my favourite:

https://www.atlasobscura.com/article...earch-of-clues

I could have sworn the British did this to the Germans in WW2 as well - deprived them of toilet paper and they also started using classified material as a butt wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    lol https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status...54601611956229

Russians trying to put their machine spirits in the Armour is the only explanation for how badly their vehicles are being turned into slag.

The Ukranian atgm team just blastin them
    Oryx is wracking up quite the tally recently.

Russians are gaining ground but at what cost?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Russia going 2 for 2 for botched fakes today. First the farcical nazis planning an assassinating a tv presenter fake and now the false flag attempt in the separatist region of Moldava. The RPG used in the attack on the separatist building? It is a Russia weapon only used by Russia, the separatists, Gabon and Jordan. Somehow I don't think those last two were involved...

If there is one person I would happily punch in his lying, slackjawed POS face its Lavrov. The dribble that comes out of his mouth not even he can believe surely. Firstly waving his small nuke around again for the dozenth time. Yes, yes, you have them. No one is listening anymore. And then is his insanity about NATO being in essence at war with Russia. Firstly, you started it you moron, and second, if NATO really was at war with Russia you'd know it as most of your air force and command and control would be smouldering ruins, something Russia can't manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    NATO being in essence at war with Russia.
    My 2c

This is how they are going to sell any "success shortfall" of the special operation in Ukraine.

Russia took on the whole world and remain undefeated.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    lol https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status...54601611956229

Russians trying to put their machine spirits in the Armour is the only explanation for how badly their vehicles are being turned into slag.

The Ukranian atgm team just blastin them
    Ruskies going to run out of tanks to blast at this rate. Ukrainian army is doing such a fantastic job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Just when you think the Russkies can't get any crazier you get ex-FSB officer Strelkov (who was involved in getting the whole separatist movement going in Ukraine) going batshit crazy over the Moldovian separatists. He claims that there is a Ukrainian-Romanian plot to clear the separatist region. its pretty insane really.

Just when you think the Russkies can't get any crazier you get ex-FSB officer Strelkov (who was involved in getting the whole separatist movement going in Ukraine) going batshit crazy over the Moldovian separatists. He claims that there is a Ukrainian-Romanian plot to clear the separatist region. its pretty insane really.
    Crack is whack.

Remember a while back an intercepted phone call where the wife of a Russian soldier gives her blessing for him to rape Ukrainians? Well, according to Russian sources he has been captured. Shame we can't cut off his balls and mail them to her.

Remember a while back an intercepted phone call where the wife of a Russian soldier gives her blessing for him to rape Ukrainians? Well, according to Russian sources he has been captured. Shame we can't cut off his balls and mail them to her.
    Well, if that's true...that would be fucking hilarious.

The Ukrainians could parade him with the recordings on TV for months.

Have him explain himself to the press.

The propaganda value would be... Off the charts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Well, if that's true...that would be fucking hilarious.

The Ukrainians could parade him with the recordings on TV for months.

Have him explain himself to the press.

The propaganda value would be... Off the charts.
    Wouldn't that be against the Geneva convention?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Wouldn't that be against the Geneva convention?
    I think it's quite clear that a lot of stuff happened the last 2 months against the Geneva convention

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    I think it's quite clear that a lot of stuff happened the last 2 months against the Geneva convention
    True, true.

But shouldn't the Ukrainians at least try to be better? I mean I totally get the propaganda value, but it has the potential to backfire, does it not?
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-04-26 at 06:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, true.

But shouldn't the Ukrainians at least try to be better? I mean I totally get the propaganda value, but it has the potential to backfire, does it not?
    They're not actually doing that to this soldier. Would just be an example of rather fair play.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

True, true.

I don't know to what extent would the Geneva Convention protect you from prosecution and public shaming if you're a self confessed rapist.

Well to be fair, Russian troops should be kicked out of that region when they've done beating down the Russians in Ukraine. Then they can kindly deport the Russian supporters in the region to Russia aswell.

Means after some prison sentence he gets to return to Russia to the warcrime encouraging wife of his. I don't like that outcome in the slightest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Filed under "fool me once..."

Per The Guardian:
    Russia and Belarus will hold joint drills of their air forces and air defence forces in Belarus, Minsk’s defence ministry said in a statement this morning. Reuters reports the drills will take place from 26-29 April. The build-up to the invasion of Ukraine saw masses of Russian troops moved into Belarus under the pretext of joint military exercises.
    Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2022-04-26 at 09:02 AM.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Filed under "fool me once..."

Per The Guardian:
    Right, but you can't really invade with just air forces and Gutteres is due in Moscow so while vigilance will pay off I think this is just intimidation. But then this is Russia we're talking about so I can totally see them trying something stupid. The Belarussians seem to be quite happy sitting this one out though, which I understand given that Lukashenko might not stay in power if they join the fight.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Recent pictures of Putin in a meeting, where he grabs the table with hand, fidget with his foot, sit all the way back in his seat make me believe Putin is not well.
    This is a master of image, we have picture of Putin bare chest riding horse, or playing hockey on ice, or even fighting judokas. Those are obviously photo op, they create an image of a strong Putin, healthy, a force of nature.
    This interview is a PR mishap, the man on the right is seating on the edge of his seat, arms and hand on table, arching forward, this is a dominant position.