10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Not so sure about that, because the financial support from Western power would stop as soon as Ukraine would invade Russia.
    But they'd have all of Russia's tanks by then!

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Not harming people in diplomatic functions is a norm that’s positively ancient, and I’m mean that literally.

Nothing like what you’re imagining is going to happen if Putin rolls up to the entrance of G20.
    Well there was that one time Trump ordered the assassination of an Iranian general who was on a diplomatic mission in Iraq...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Well there was that one time Trump ordered the assassination of an Iranian general who was on a diplomatic mission in Iraq...
    Trump was channeling his inner Barbosa.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I'm sorry Norway, but there is just no way we are giving you our rightful clay.

Tbh, I’d be fine with this. Theres definitely room on the world stage for a new finnish superpower. Plus forcing the russians to learn that alphabet soup induced diarrhea you fins call a language seems like fair punishment ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    This time a brand new thermal power plant in Sakhalin. Doesn't look like that'll buff out.
    It is just the next stage of thermal power plant. You have heard of ultra super critical - meet hyper critical, where even steam catches on fire.

Do you understand what we are telling you ? Going to g20 is diplomatic and you do not harm diplomat. Not that Putin is still open to diplomacy, two separate matters. That is how it is.
    Last I heard they are still "picking up the phone" but are not willing to really listen to anything so their are still diplomatic channels.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    It is just the next stage of thermal power plant. You have heard of ultra super critical - meet hyper critical, where even steam catches on fire.

Last I heard they are still "picking up the phone" but are not willing to really listen to anything so their are still diplomatic channels.
    When I say that Putin is not open to diplomatic, I mean that you can still talk to him but he does not give a fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I say that Putin is not open to diplomatic, I mean that you can still talk to him but he does not give a fuck.
    I'm sure he's open to diplomacy: 'We surrender unconditionally' is diplomacy after all. That aside, I imagine there are certain goals he has after which he'll look at diplomacy again. We shouldn't trust him though.

10+ Year Old Account

WTF.....this sounds like a true nazi right here.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    WTF.....this sounds like a true nazi right here.
    Nah, that's just a regular russian soldier. This is what these orcs are, always have been.

Despite everything, people still refuse to believe that Russians have recreated the Raping of Nanking 10x over already in Ukraine or that Putin is still the head of a legitimate state; Russia has recently been officially designated a terror state by America.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Despite everything, people still refuse to believe that Russians have recreated the Raping of Nanking 10x over already in Ukraine or that Putin is still the head of a legitimate state; Russia has recently been officially designated a terror state by America.
    Who, exactly?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I cannot believe that despite everything, you believe half of 10 equals 3

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Who, exactly?
    well, there's a lot of people in this thread alone that still think it's all hyperbole. When you mention a rather atypical topic like "Russians gathered 1000 women/children and raped them in line in Donbas" I'm told I'm making that shit up.

They probably don't want to believe this country only recently detached from the modern world at large is capable of these ISIS-like atrocities.

And also, people still get very mad when you mention Putin should be killed. I'm inclined to believe that in itself is denial of these atrocities because you'd have to believe he didn't orchestrate them to think so, or they didn't happen at all. That's the only believable way anyone can think such a man can still live.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-04-30 at 02:46 PM.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    As horrible as what is going on is, that event was an order of magnitude larger, do NOT diminish it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanjing_Massacre

well, there's a lot of people in this thread alone that still think it's all hyperbole. When you mention a rather atypical topic like "Russians gathered 1000 women/children an raped them in line in Donbas" I'm told I'm making that shit up.

They probably don't want to believe this country only recently detached from the world at large is capable of these ISIS-like atrocities.
    Because "Russians gathered 1000 women/children an raped them all in a line" is hyperbole... unless you can show proof there was an actual line of 1000 women/children being raped.

Nanjing x10 is hyperbole.

But like, who is actually defending Putin and the Russians here?

No one is actually saying that Russians aren't engaging in war crimes. One of the only people skeptical of said war crimes hasn't posted here in almost a month now. And even that was just "I want to see proof it actually happened" and not "It never happened".
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

If Putin goes to the G20, I wouldn't be surprised to see him turned away, especially with Zelensky there.

Would they try and kill Putin? Not likely, at least unprovoked.

What I would be more worried about is other world leaders suddenly falling victim to nerve toxins shortly after it was over, especially ones who was in areas that Zelensky is expected to be around.

While Putin wouldn't dare use nukes because even his own people would likely kill him before he hit the button, if he really is dying and knows it, could see him personally going on a run before he dies to try and do as much damage out the door as possible.

If they are smart, they won't allow Putin or his people onto the property and actively snub his attempts to join both to ensure he can't lay those traps and the optics of him being denied at the big boys table due to his actions.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    If Putin goes to the G20, I wouldn't be surprised to see him turned away, especially with Zelensky there.
    first of all, he's attending. No "ifs" anymore.

https://www.newsweek.com/putin-accep...owdown-1702103
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/vladim...zelensky-there

second, they can't just shoo him out or tell him to go away.

first of all, he's attending. No "ifs" anymore.

https://www.newsweek.com/putin-accep...owdown-1702103
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/vladim...zelensky-there

second, they can't just shoo him out or tell him to go away.
    It said he accepted the invitation, I don't think they invited him. And I also believe they have the ability to deny him entry.

If he does go, he can best expect to have him and his entire entourage watched like hawks.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    unless you can show proof there was an actual line of 1000 women/children being raped.
    sir, this is a family-friendly forum. You can't actually post that raw stuff, only mention Youtube videos of a Russian soldier fantasizing over being a monster.

But r/ukraine irregularly posts NSFL and there's the r/warcrimes or r/combatfootage for pointers. I've seen everything the Russians have done so far.

But r/ukraine irregularly posts NSFL and there's the r/warcrimes or r/combatfootage for pointers. I've seen everything the Russians have done so far.
    And did you see an actual line of 1000 women and children being raped?

Again, no one is denying that Russia is committing warcrimes in Ukraine. We just think that you are an unreliable narrator that is prone to flights of hyperbole.