Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    It said he accepted the invitation, I don't think they invited him. And I also believe they have the ability to deny him entry.
    https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/world...der/ar-AAWK0oZ

Seems pretty clear that Putin was invited and accepted the invitation. Obviously things can change and accidents do happen - but otherwise it seems he will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    And did you see an actual line of 1000 women and children being raped?
    the aftermath of thousands naked, brutalized and littered across the streets of Bucha, yes. Otherwise, I'm not sure how you think anyone would have footage of this in particular happening in real time.

There's plenty of live footage of Russians executing hostages and killing innocent civilians, though.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    the aftermath of thousands naked, brutalized and littered across the streets of Bucha, yes. Otherwise, I'm not sure how you think anyone would have footage of this in particular happening in real time.

There's plenty of live footage of Russians executing hostages and killing innocent civilians, though.
    But it wasn't an actual line, right?

Again, no one is saying Russia isn't committing warcrimes. No one is denying that rape and looting and all kinds of atrocities are happening. They're just asking you not to hyperbolize it.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/world...der/ar-AAWK0oZ Seems pretty clear that Putin was invited and accepted the invitation. Obviously things can change and accidents do happen - but otherwise it seems he will be there.
    Huh...I suspect it'll be warmer in a blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    [url]and accidents do happen
    what do you mean by that

- - - Updated - - -

But it wasn't an actual line, right?
    actually, they have indeed put up hundreds in lines on their knees with signs of torture like having their hands cut off or being raped. So I am being literal here.

There's a reason Russians are being dehumanized as "orcs" now.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

I'm not exactly sure why I of all people here am trying to rationalize the possibility of Russians doing this or that atrocitiy, but people:

EVERY war crime or crime against humanity you can think of, Russians have done so far in Ukraine. EVERYTHING. Even the pettiest shit like stealing toys from kids has happened in their insatiable looting campaigns.

actually, they have indeed put up hundreds in lines on their knees with signs of torture like having their hands cut off or being raped. So I am being literal here.

There's a reason Russians are being dehumanized as "orcs" now.
    Again, no one is denying that Russia is committing warcrimes. Just that you are hyperbolizing the actual events.

Yes, people were tortured
    yes, people were raped
    yes, people were executed and left in mass graves.

But there is no evidence of 1000 women and children being raped in a line. That's your own spin.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not exactly sure why I of all people here am trying to rationalize the possibility of Russians doing this or that atrocitiy, but people:

EVERY war crime or crime against humanity you can think of, Russians have done so far in Ukraine. EVERYTHING. Even the pettiest shit like stealing toys from kids has happened in their insatiable looting campaigns.
    And not a single person is denying that bad shit has happened.

But "EVERY war crime or crime against humanity you can think of" is fucking Hypberbole. We know this. You know this...because you keep on prophetizing about the atrocities Russia has yet to commit.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-04-30 at 03:35 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

And not a single person is denying that bad shit has happened.

But "EVERY war crime or crime against humanity you can think of" is fucking Hypberbole.
    think it's easier to ask what hasn't Russia done short of WMDs, of which they did in Syria with chemical bombardments.

I could at least refute everything one might ask for here with a "yes they did that (and a news link)"

think it's easier to ask what hasn't Russia done short of WMDs"
    Which is exactly what I'm talking about. Thank you for confirming your hyperbole.

You're saying they have already committed EVERY conceivable warcrime in Ukraine...but obviously this isn't true or you wouldn't be worried about what comes next.

Who in the fuck are you talking to?

I think you would fail the turing test.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Which is exactly what I'm talking about. Thank you for confirming your hyperbole.

You're saying they have already committed EVERY conceivable warcrime in Ukraine...but obviously this isn't true or you wouldn't be worried about what comes next.
    i'm pretty sure...doing every wicked crime against humanity possible just one short of WMDs is nothing to be proud of or hold the moral high ground over in a "at least I didn't do THAT one thing" way.

That's why Russia will collapse econonically, as a country, and lose its identity as anything but a fallen terrorist state as consequence. It's nothing to be proud of.

i'm pretty sure...doing every wicked crime against humanity possible just one short of WMDs is nothing to be proud of or hold the moral high ground over in a "at least I didn't do THAT one thing" way..
    Again, no one is saying that.

Stop trying to spin this as me or anyone else defending Russia because we are calling you out on your obvious hyperbole.

Again, no one is saying that.

Stop trying to spin this as me or anyone else defending Russia because we are calling you out on your obvious hyperbole.
    it's not hyperbole (again) considering they've done all these things as described, sir

hell you admitted they raped, tortured, and ditched corpses in mass graves...

it's not hyperbole (again) considering they've done all these things dude
    Except you just admitted they haven't, my dude.

When you say someone has done every conceivable war crime...it doesn't leave you much wiggle room for "Well, except for the ones they haven't done yet".

Except you just admitted they haven't, my dude.

When you say someone has done every conceivable war crime...it doesn't leave you much wiggle room for "Well, except for the ones they haven't done yet".
    even if that one thing is just nukes?

even if that one thing is just nukes?

Imma break it down for you real simple-like:

If I take 9 out of 10 apples... Have i taken all the apples?

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    If Putin goes to the G20, I wouldn't be surprised to see him turned away, especially with Zelensky there.

Would they try and kill Putin? Not likely, at least unprovoked.

What I would be more worried about is other world leaders suddenly falling victim to nerve toxins shortly after it was over, especially ones who was in areas that Zelensky is expected to be around.

While Putin wouldn't dare use nukes because even his own people would likely kill him before he hit the button, if he really is dying and knows it, could see him personally going on a run before he dies to try and do as much damage out the door as possible.

If they are smart, they won't allow Putin or his people onto the property and actively snub his attempts to join both to ensure he can't lay those traps and the optics of him being denied at the big boys table due to his actions.
    There is 0 percent chance Putin takes the risk of nerve agents being used anywhere near himself.

hell you admitted they raped, tortured, and ditched corpses in mass graves...
    I mean, I've never denied that Russia has been committing warcrimes...check the fucking tape.

I've just called you out on hyperbolic statements about said warcrimes.

Anyway, the war: in the East, the Russians have made very modest gains at high cost, at least a good chunk of which were the Ukrainians tactically retreating rather than being defeated. War nerds on Twitter are predicting this will putter out in week or two due to heavy losses, low morale, little gain and a need to stay near supply lines. It seems Trent Telenko's prophecy of doom for the logistical force of the Russian army has come to pass. In any case, it's probably the last major Russian offensive for a while (and the last one until they mobilize their reservists).

https://twitter.com/PhillipsPOBrien/...13940688912384

Imo, for Ukraine it will then come down whether they want to push and start taking back territory, or get a deal here. Right now the Ukrainians can probably take back Kherson and push Ru back across the river, anything more they need the incoming heavy weapons and incoming troops they mobilized two months ago.
    Last edited by Finlandia WOAT; 2022-04-30 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Pretty clear from the first link Indonesia invited him and said they’d remain neutral on the topic.
    Yeah, missed that skimmed through on the links given the history of the one who posted it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.