Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Like I appreciate whoever made this, I just don't see why its necessary. Ogres don't need male/female to be good. Like personally I would love the current Ogre model with some cleaned up and better looks, and more customization. I would also love for them to be Alliance to be honest, but they need to be in the game regardless. If "no female model" is really the reason these aren't playable, thats just stupid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Self Inflicted Wounds View Post
    Like I appreciate whoever made this, I just don't see why its necessary. Ogres don't need male/female to be good. Like personally I would love the current Ogre model with some cleaned up and better looks, and more customization. I would also love for them to be Alliance to be honest, but they need to be in the game regardless. If "no female model" is really the reason these aren't playable, thats just stupid.
    they sure as hell need to be good, like any race should be when they became playable, its only fair.

look at the rexxar model, you just need to put a hon on his head and increase his belly and we have a fine ogre model:

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they sure as hell need to be good, like any race should be when they became playable, its only fair.

look at the rexxar model, you just need to put a hon on his head and increase his belly and we have a fine ogre model:
    I Just meant that we don't need a female model for Ogres to be playable. I definitely agree though, a fatter horned Rexxar would look badass.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Passive skill: Gtuped Gridy - access to bank anywhere from any spot.

Active ability: Horrid Mutation - immunity to damage for 2 seconds, not able to preform any actions during said duration. (animation from Cho'Gall hots stone prison)
    I think that would put too magical an influence on Ogres - which while they have had, it's never been a strong suit of the race, despite twice been led by magical ogres - just like orcs were lead by magical gul'dan,but vast majority aren't magical, it won't fit to give them magical immunity.

Something melee and damaging.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vegener View Post
    I open this post to discuss the possibility of obtaining the ogres as an allied race.

In my opinion there is a great possibility of obtaining the ogres as an allied race because when we recruited the Mag'har Orcs with them a large number of ogres came.

As a racial leader they could put a descendant of the Imperator Mar'gok.

as an option to ride they could have the wild boars or the clefthoof.

Class:Warrior, Hunter, Wizard, Priest, Warlock

In case we obtain the ogres as an allied race, I would like that in the creation of characters we could choose the option that they have one or two heads.
    Imo, Mok'nathal would make much better allied race. Ogres have the same problem as Vrykul, too large, however you can give smaller version off shoot of them

For Round 2 of allied race from the best ideas on the forums I've read:

There are either t he best ideas or the most likely.

First lets finish off the races who haven't had an allied race after them.

1. Forsaken - Lightforged forsaken like Calia
    2. Worgen - NIght elf emerald dream worgen (love the idea of night elves with animal features like antlers, feathered arms or faun feet customisable) and the concept of having more than a worgen as their worgen form. I like the idea of some of those night elf worgen followed other wild gods in the emerald dream allowing alternatives to a worgen like panther version of Saberon or a bird man like the Arrakoa as their transformed form

3. Orcs - Mok'nathal half orc/ogre
    4. Human - I drew a blank here invent something new? Vampire humans perhaps?

5. Tauren - Taunka or Yaungol (I prefer Taunka)
    6l Dwarves - Iron dwarves or Earthern

7. Trolls - Amani/Drakkari model of trolls, i.e, like Mag'har orcs, you will be able to make forest trolls and ice trolls which are two separate factions but it's the bulkier troll model we've seen since classic but never been able to play with. Not sure what we will call them, i think Amani would be better, and then within it allow you to make drakkari models too. Which is why they really need to introduce racial templates to the character creation to officially inform players of other factions new customisations are allowing them to play.
    8. Draenei - Eredar Man'ari - these are illidari Eredar that were working with Illidan against the Legion, but also since the legin's defeat th we can have a sotry of mass recruitment fromt he Illidari or some sort of reconciliation. I think this is better than giving Broken/Krokul.

9, Gnomes - Leper Gnomes
    10. Goblins - Gilgoblins

11. Night elves - Farondis highborne or naga elves
    12. Blood elves - San'layn and Darkfallen

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Imo, Mok'nathal would make much better allied race. Ogres have the same problem as Vrykul, too large, however you can give smaller version off shoot of them
    - ogres average is canonically smaller than taurens

- Mok'nathal can't be an allied or new race, they are not even their own race, they are almost extinct half-breeds that life a planet away in outland
    - the clan itself is mostly made of orcs, rexxar is pretty much one of the few who exist and he is only 1/4 ogre, a 1/2 or 1/8 would be totally different, therefore, they are not a real race
    - They also make no sense to come here to azeroth, they didn't want to join the horde before, and they wanted to be left alone in tbc as well.
    - Most of the clan culture is just orcish culture, they would Bring nothing new and just more of what we already have, ogre culture, especially from draenor and the gorian empire would be much unique.

So on, so on.

- - - Updated - - -

I Just meant that we don't need a female model for Ogres to be playable. I definitely agree though, a fatter horned Rexxar would look badass.
    well, every race need a female, people from any gender would like to play with a she-ogre, buffy womans are pretty popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to be a MAIN race, not allied
    Ogres are 5th horde race in wow rpg, before belfs, i remember i was betting in classic that Ogres are next race and Furbolgs are for alliance, neither came so far and it still piss me off, Ogres are more horde iconic than half of current roaster, same for Furbolgs in alliance, both need to be in wow asap
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Genderlock is one of things that annoy me beyond believe in MMOs. One of the reasons i can't play most of the asian MMOs. Like Viera FF14. The fixed that but still is annying as hell if it is a race with clear gender differences.

If it would be some kind of rockcreature or something with a weird reproduction system fine. But in a mammal race... it doesn't make sense.

OT: I would like to see a full race again. Not a halfbaked and immediatly forgotten allied race with next to no customization and an existing skeleton. Remake the Jinyu with a unique skeleton. They at least are interesting. Not a big fan of more races that are basically allready playable with just another skin color. Merge dranei and lightofrged. Merge Human and Kultiran. Merge the taurans. etc pp. Starting zone depens on the features chosen.

Give me something unique again. Like worgen or goblins or even the pandas. Something with a real story.
    Last edited by VinceVega; 2021-12-10 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Genderlock is one of things that annoy me beyond believe in MMOs. One of the reasons i can't play most of the asian MMOs. Like Viera FF14. The fixed that but still is annying as hell if it is a race with clear gender differences.

If it would be some kind of rockcreature or something with a weird reproduction system fine. But in a mammal race... it doesn't make sense.

OT: I would like to see a full race again. Not a halfbaked and immediatly forgotten allied race with next to no customization and an existing skeleton. Remake the Jinyu with a unique skeleton. They at least are interesting. Not a big fan of more races that are basically allready playable with just another skin color. Merge dranei and lightofrged. Merge Human and Kultiran. Merge the taurans. etc pp. Starting zone depens on the features chosen.

Give me something unique again. Like worgen or goblins or even the pandas. Something with a real story.
    This kind of post is whats keeping us from getting Ogres. Female Ogres would add aesthetic, sure, but they aren't even in the game now. They probably would have added them a long time ago but they know some people would be irrationally [annoyed like hell] for something inconsequential.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    They need to be a MAIN race, not allied
    You gonna be lucky if they ever add them, main or allied at this point has no meaning at fc all, they always can say that their capital city was burned and now refuge flock to join MiGhTy Azeroth Heroes on their noble couse.

If we ever gonna see specially made skeletons for new races, or just rehashed bipedal elf and orc offshots. (Snek races? lmao Naga tail too hard to make ... Setherak neck too hard to make ...billions on cockein)
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Ogres should have been playable since day one, yet here we are with no sign of them whatsoever. They could use the Kul'Tiran or the new gladiator models from Maldraxxus as the ogre skeleton and make them about as big as a tauren. There is both the Stonemaul in Dustwallow Marsh and the Gorian Empire on Draenor that could both fit for playable ogres (and maybe even use that scrapped ogre continent as their starting zone).

As for racials I could see something like these:

Me Smash! - Slam your weapon in front of you, dealing a knockback and X amount of damage to all enemies in front of you (1 minute cooldown)

Pot of Yummies - Place a cauldron that works as a campfire and also sells food (10 minute cooldown)

Discipline of Highmaul - Increase your primary stat by 1%

Gluttoning - Food restores your stats faster and stat duration increased by 1 hour

Split Personality - Grow an extra head. Can not wear a headpiece while having two heads.