Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Your link doesn't work.

Either way, it's not hyperbolic. The npcs is constantly jumping from full hp to almost dead any time anything happens.
    Weird, link works for me.

Anyway, here's the tweet --

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It is and always was a challenge mode and it's hardly a mythic raid grade challenge either.

I'm not exactly sure what you'd expect it to be? Get a full set of unique mythic recolor mog for logging in or something?

People asked for Mage Tower and single player challenge - they got one. That Timmy or Billy can't get through it, that's not exactly part of the equation. It's not even THAT hard and there is also various cheese available too apparently.

Blizzard will tone down some challenges that are too hard for some specs, but, I mean, lets be real - it's not supposed to be some freebie there, eh?
    It's not a problem for me- I cleared it back in the day and I already have the three new appearances I want. I don't care about the mount so I am basically already done with both versions of it (unless I get super bored on an alt). I'm not a completionist, so I am not concerned with classes I don't play. I was actually hoping for a little more than it turned out to be (maybe one new boss or something), but I am used to that from Blizz by now. I do think people are justified in complaining to Blizz about it though. Back in the day, defeating it opened a whole new artifact row with an appearance with four recolors. Now it is a single appearance with a (technically) re used mount (the mage class mount is a tome- this one is fancier though).

Its recycled content at the end of the day....... I think Blizz's approach in this is a little "off," especially with all the bad press lately. They need some easy wins right now (as a company), this should have been one but was clearly not considering the response. I don't want the game to go broke and have the content I like suffer (raids, dungeons) because they so mismanaged their content and reward systems that no one plays anymore. Like what happened to WS.

It's easy to say to people- "it's too hard, too bad!!! Ha, ha, ha!" but what kind of community is that? I'm sorry, I'm not five years old anymore, a pissing contest doesn't really mean much to me. I am more concerned with the general health of the game I enjoy, especially at this moment with all that is going on with it and this was another loss (to most of the players).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I am more concerned with the general health of the game I enjoy, especially at this moment with all that is going on with it and this was another loss (to most of the players).
    One could argue that the health of the game went down the drain when they started giving everyone freebies at every step.

I'd say this little event reinvigorated WoW chatter in community quite a tad. If it would be just another trivial difficulty event - that would not happen.

One could argue that the health of the game went down the drain when they started giving everyone freebies at every step.

I'd say this little event reinvigorated WoW chatter in community quite a tad. If it would be just another trivial difficulty event - that would not happen.
    Personally I think we'd be having the same exact conversation except all the people who are now saying it's too hard would instead be complaining that it was too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    If there is no player power tied to it, and doesnt have the same rewards - why does it need to be easy? What is wrong with it being challenging? Do you believe all players should be able to comfortably complete all content?
    All players? No. Normal raid difficulty players with some challenge and heroic raid difficulty players with ease? Yes. As it is now, it's clearly tuned for the very top fringe mythic raiders. I would like the game to have no such content at all, to be honest.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    All players? No. Normal raid difficulty players with some challenge and heroic raid difficulty players with ease? Yes. As it is now, it's clearly tuned for the very top fringe mythic raiders. I would like the game to have no such content at all, to be honest.
    Why do you get to dictate who should and shouldnt be able to do the content? Top fringe mythic raiders LOL? I know a LOT of people who havnt raided beyond normal this entire expansion and had no issue doing the ones they wanted to. You are just arguing from extremes to try and make the tuning sound near impossible for anyone other than the best of the best of the best, and thats simply not the case at all.

I have said from the beginning i think some encounters for some specs could do with some tuning - but im talking 5% here, 2% there, at absolute most maybe a 10% nerf overall to a couple of them - but its the people outright lying to themselves and everyone else by claiming they defeated every challenge week one of going live in legion, but now they are impossible - its simply not the case.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-12-11 at 04:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

A middle ground can exist between this and freebie. As they are most challenges are harder, and sometimes significantly so, than back in 7.2 doing them in Nighthold gear. Some are just tuned extremely poorly (Survival and WW are easy as pie, Holy Priest and Mut Rogue are hell on earth from what I've seen). IMO for a timed event that's too difficult across the board. Yeah a Method guy managed to do all of them, yay him, but I really don't think this is the sort of content that should be designed around them, not when it's so stupidly time-limited. They should have been as hard as in 7.2 with circa Heroic Tomb gear IMO; forcing you to obey mechanics or die, but not going overboard into feeling like you're doing some of them in Legion greens.

There are also bugs that weren't there back then, as I had Agatha despawn on me twice. Not fun when it happens at 20%.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

@Demon Hunters (pre-nerf killer)
    For the DH Legion Tower to be done the first two weeks in Nighthold Heroic gear you needed the Elite weapon talent that gave you Windfury effect for Chaos Strike. It made the encounter basically a joke in p3.

I think you need 3 items to make up for this missing effect.

The two fist weapons from Underrot, which can legit kill the boss as the floor is full of purple stuff and you are freaking out.
    Legion neck Enchant either Satyr or Army.
    Cyclonic ability on the mechagnome trinket.

All of these items will give you best chance to beat final phase. As the abilities in p1/2 have been nerfed slightly, you already should have figured out how those phases are just about living.

Tip:Meta right when fight starts after first eye beam/dance. You can push to 65% or lower before dark phase.<><><> Let him fully cast his empowering buff if he is at 15% hp or so. It can save you from having to do another rel rush across the map to his vague sparkly graphic and you can just sit there dpsing him down to phase. (i died many times close to phasing because he did one more teleport.)

I did not have x3 socket legion legend boots. I actually got lucky doing a WQ getting stormheim rep and got gloves with avoidance and socket. So that gave me one extra socket and a glove enchant slot.
    Last edited by Gratz; 2021-12-11 at 05:43 AM.

And when this did happen exactly? Because I play more or less constantly from day 1 of EU Open Beta of Vanilla and I don’t recall having EVER been able to easily obtain gear that wasn’t miles behind “difficult to obtain” gear.

Edit: please also note that “speed” IS a factor of “easiness”, if I could get a 280 ilvl piece by simply fishing for 10000 hours, it’s a difficult achievement anyways.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-12-11 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Edit: please also note that “speed” IS a factor of “easiness”, if I could get a 280 ilvl piece by simply fishing for 10000 hours, it’s a difficult achievement anyways.
    Not really. Grinding =! effort.

Mindless grinding shouldn't give you as high reward as calculated skill, especially if it's RNG based.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Not really. Grinding =! effort.

Mindless grinding shouldn't give you as high reward as calculated skill, especially if it's RNG based.
    It was an obvious hyperbole, point is that for what I recall there’s never been a time in which “easier” activities gave meaningful rewards. Solo activities have always been ultra tedious and long with just crappy rewards.

But luckily enough D3 S25 has just started, will invest my time in a game where I can actually see progression and no one cares about how I progressed.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-12-11 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    And when this did happen exactly? Because I play more or less constantly from day 1 of EU Open Beta of Vanilla and I don’t recall having EVER been able to easily obtain gear that wasn’t miles behind “difficult to obtain” gear.

ICC patch, actually was when it started.

There is a massive difference when the 99% farms 1 item every month, and even more sparse depending on playing hours, and when they get to skip 20-30 ilvls of gear because ICC dungeons appeared, which is exactly what happened, along with freebie PvP gear a few months after.

And it has been happening since then, thats when they went from gear reset at expansion, to gear reset per patch.

Because Blizzard saw, that when the majority caught up, they actually bothered to do the part they werent doing, aka raiding, even if it was only a few bosses in ICC, people did try to go in there after that.

Too many people who don't realise there's a difference between something being challenging, and something being badly overtuned. Some specs have a significantly easier time than others. That's a problem, and the specs struggling should have things addressed.

These same people who think pre-balancing Castle Nathria was "fine" when even all the hardcore guilds were saying it was overtuned. Literally nobody is saying to remove the challenge aspect. They're saying to make it actually challenging, and not just be "hard" because it's overtuned.

eta: For those comparing this to Legion, as well... Don't forget that, comparatively, Legion was an entire gear ahead compared to what Timewalking is getting scaled down to, not to mention OP as shit tier sets/legendaries. Of course Legion was going to be different.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2021-12-11 at 02:45 PM.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    ICC patch, actually was when it started.

There is a massive difference when the 99% farms 1 item every month, and even more sparse depending on playing hours, and when they get to skip 20-30 ilvls of gear because ICC dungeons appeared, which is exactly what happened, along with freebie PvP gear a few months after.

And it has been happening since then, thats when they went from gear reset at expansion, to gear reset per patch.

Because Blizzard saw, that when the majority caught up, they actually bothered to do the part they werent doing, aka raiding, even if it was only a few bosses in ICC, people did try to go in there after that.
    LFG dungeons ilvl and/or anything solo queueable has always been miserable. I did only random bgs for years and the gear I could get was ridiculous compared to rated bg/arena gear, with a FAR higher investment in time.

There has never been a single solo activity with really good rewards in the entire game life. Maybe horrible visions but by the time you could really see meaningful rewards the ilvl cap went up again (also I hate timed activities apart from D3 GRifts).
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-12-11 at 04:04 PM.