Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The blood moon found in tanaan?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    When are we going to fix the giant sword that's still stabbed into Azeroth? I feel like that should have cause some problems at this point, if not because of all the over the top stuff, at least I'd imagine there'd be some Ecological trouble at this point.
    I remember in some interview it was said that it was supposed to be dealt with during Shadow Lands, but I wager they forgot. Unless it comes shooting out during the Jailer fight.

EDIT: https://www.wowhead.com/news/liveblo...sin-and-311970

Will the sword disappear from Silithus?
    The sword has a part to play in something to come.
    Nevermind, guess it's just there until they have an idea.
    Last edited by Mic_128; 2022-01-01 at 11:36 AM. Reason: found quote

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Immortal beings do go to the Shadowlands though. Just look at Ysera.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, is this really a spoiler? Pretty sure this was the most common theory ever since we first saw the cinematic of the red soul, hammering into the Arbiter.
    Ysera isn't immortal, they lost their power at the end of dragon soul and dragons do infact age and die.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The funny and ironic thing about the Janitor, as cunning and manipulative as he is said (by Blizzard) to be, is that in the end he too will be retconned into a pawn...

For instance, when there will be an expansion about the Void Lords, or the Light, or the First Ones, with all the new lore revelations that naturally come with any new expansion, they will 100% retcon the Janitor into not being the mastermind of everything, and he himself being just another pawn.

So really the Janitor's spotlight at the "top" of the "manipulation pyramid" is very limited, come the new expansion and he too will be downgraded into just another pawn for a greater evil.

The same happened to Kil'jaeden, Arthas, the Old Gods, Sargeras...

The only difference is that, while these other villains had other things going on for them on top of their manipulation skills, the Janitor only has that. So once he is downgraded into another pawn, he will literally be the most Average Random Joe Warcraft has ever seen... he'll have no character trait of any kind whatsoever.

In fact, do we know if Denathrius is really loyal to him? I'm pretty sure Denathrius is just using the Janitor, he is after all the creator of the Nathrezim, their whole point is manipulating and deceiving people... maybe the Janitor is already a pawn and he doesn't even know it.
    Yes. This is exactly where the story will go, couldn't have said it better myself. Every final boss of each expansion we've had has turned out to be an agent of a bigger threat

BC - all villains are allies now.
    WotLK - LK revealed to be the Jailer's agent of death on Azeroth.
    Cataclysm - they were all working for N'zoth
    MoP - No universal baddies
    WoD - Sargeras
    Legion - Sargeras revealed to be on a crusade against void lords
    BfA - N'zoth. Who N'zoth's boss is hasn't been revealed, no doubt he himself was simply an agent sent to Azeroth by a void Lord.
    SL - my guess is the Jailer will be revealed to represent some broken part of the cycle because long ago there was a first one that went evil or something and started whispering to the Jailer. Who this first one is? So incredibly powerful only an entire expansion pack could do him justice.

When are we going to fix the giant sword that's still stabbed into Azeroth? I feel like that should have cause some problems at this point, if not because of all the over the top stuff, at least I'd imagine there'd be some Ecological trouble at this point.
    That big sword serves 2 purposes.
    First was the azerite which is considered Azeroths blood which was part of the BfA expansion which ofc was the expansion after the world got stabbed.
    Second is a memento of past expansions.See the gong in Silithus where you can see a cinematic for the opening of the gates of AQ or a shield in Dragonblight showing another cinematic at the black gate of ICC when Saurfang died and Bolvar got burned from the fires of the red dragonflight when they purged the scourge.

There might be another reason which the sword will somehow awaken the bugs and we get a Aqir expansion which wouldnt surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post
    That big sword serves 2 purposes.
    First was the azerite which is considered Azeroths blood which was part of the BfA expansion which ofc was the expansion after the world got stabbed.
    Second is a memento of past expansions.See the gong in Silithus where you can see a cinematic for the opening of the gates of AQ or a shield in Dragonblight showing another cinematic at the black gate of ICC when Saurfang died and Bolvar got burned from the fires of the red dragonflight when they purged the scourge.

There might be another reason which the sword will somehow awaken the bugs and we get a Aqir expansion which wouldnt surprise me.
    Okay sure, obvious knowledge aside, when are we going to fix the giant sword that's still stabbed into Azeroth?

Okay sure, obvious knowledge aside, when are we going to fix the giant sword that's still stabbed into Azeroth?
    I know they've said the sword still has a role to play, but we already cleansed the corruption at the end of Legion and healed the damage to Azeroth's core by the end of Battle for Azeroth. Is it doing any more harm by just sitting there?

Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    This sci-fi space lore hurts my brain.. can we go back to simple things?
    Unfortunately no.

Once you have gone deep into Time-Traveling, Afterlife, or multiverses, there is no coming back for any story.

WoW has done all 3. Issa wrap

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I know they've said the sword still has a role to play, but we already cleansed the corruption at the end of Legion and healed the damage to Azeroth's core by the end of Battle for Azeroth. Is it doing any more harm by just sitting there?
    Lore wise, that sword is absolutely massive, as mentioned in my first post, I think there must be some repercussion for nature, no? Animals, plant life, ecosystems, on the surface, cave systems etcetera. All we've done is polishing a turd, that's not gonna make it any less.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is common practice to leave blades in wounds till first aid is ready to deal with the cut directly, as long as it is kept immobile it shouldn't do more harm unless outside factors come into play such as poison or rust. While the blade caused a wound going in it is also obstructing the blood trying to come out. Think back to the Wandering Isle when the ship was removed.

Considering how it was referenced in the game and through dev interviews, it's doing something there, but they've always been vague. Doesn't help that the end of BfA's story in-game was just confusing/jarring when it came to actually healing Azeroth. The 'real' answer is probably Blizz had to rush the hell out of the story (again), leaving us with a fragmented mess that will likely either end up forgetting about the sword, or we'll be told "Well, it's not really THAT big of a deal anymore, you should be more concerned about <insert anything else to take focus off of sword>."

I imagine someone at Blizz had this grand idea that someone would reuse the sword. Honestly, I felt the best thing to do would've been to have the factions break down the sword into resources while we were stuck in Shadowlands during some tentative peace time, then just move on. Could I see some ham-fisted attempt to use the sword in 9.2 or 9.2.5? Certainly. Would it be satisfying or make a lot of sense? Almost guarantee it would not.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Lore wise, that sword is absolutely massive, as mentioned in my first post, I think there must be some repercussion for nature, no? Animals, plant life, ecosystems, on the surface, cave systems etcetera. All we've done is polishing a turd, that's not gonna make it any less.
    Silithus was practically wiped off the map, so I think it's safe to assume the sword had some environmental impact. However, how it's impacting the plant life and cave systems of southern Kalimdor just doesn't seem important to the story and I can't see it being the plan they supposedly have for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    It is common practice to leave blades in wounds till first aid is ready to deal with the cut directly, as long as it is kept immobile it shouldn't do more harm unless outside factors come into play such as poison or rust. While the blade caused a wound going in it is also obstructing the blood trying to come out. Think back to the Wandering Isle when the ship was removed.
    Azeroth is a planet. If the same rules applied, I imagine Aman'Thul would not have left the wound he caused wide open.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    I saw this heacannon only on a particular discord and it bothered me for several reasons :

1- If the Arbiter itself would be enough to stop the anima flow in the shadowlands, Zovaal would have bent the whole realm on its knees when he rebelled, because he obviously would stop the anima flow. So no, deactivating the arbiter is not what made the drought in the first place. Revendreth probably have emergency reserves for all the realms in case of trouble.

2- Denathrius and Revendreth host souls that does not belong to revendreth. They refine their anima to send them back to the arbiter so she can dispatch them to their destined realm. So revendreth stored anima, and Denathrius hoarded it when the Jailer made its move. He made the drought at this exact moment. Considering the quantity of Anima he got, he may have more than a year reserve which could have prevented a drought in case the Arbiter went offline. So, the Accuser is legitimate to blame Denathrius for the Drought, only because he hoarded anima. Nowhere it's been stated that Denathrius was responsible for the Arbiter's downfall. I never interpretated her accusation has " he put the Arbiter down " because there is a difference between the drought and the Arbiter's status.

3- The Arbiter went "asleep", she stirred several time. It's not an anima bolt that put her down because it'd be a permanent effect. She was clearly under some spell / conflict that made her unable to do anything. Now that we have the Argus explanation, it makes more sense. Moreover, if it would have been a simple blast of anima, everybody would have noticed it since it clearly passed through all of oribos and closed all the gates.

4- I never trusted the Xavius idea because it'd mean that the whole plan of the Jailer required nobodys from Azeroth coming into the Emerald nightmare to succed in slaying somebody that came from nowhere ( in the Jailer PoV ) and whose anima would not be sufficient to provoke a whole breaking of the shadowlands system. However, Argus was surrounded by dreadlord, and probably made by dreadlords ( or death infused by them ) and at a simple command of the Jailer they maybe would've been able to kill it or send him back to the Shadowlands somehow. But Like Xavius, I still wait an explanation as how the Jailer knew we would defeat Argus, unless the whole Legion downfall was orchestrated by the dreadlords and they somehow guided us to this point.
    Lorthraxxion, the Army of Light was a catalyst to ending Argus.

There was, when it hit. We've dealt with them.

Silithus itself is a mostly barren desert full of bugs who want to kill everyone. 'restoring the land' arguably makes things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Yes. This is exactly where the story will go, couldn't have said it better myself. Every final boss of each expansion we've had has turned out to be an agent of a bigger threat

BC - all villains are allies now.
    WotLK - LK revealed to be the Jailer's agent of death on Azeroth.
    Cataclysm - they were all working for N'zoth
    MoP - No universal baddies
    WoD - Sargeras
    Legion - Sargeras revealed to be on a crusade against void lords
    BfA - N'zoth. Who N'zoth's boss is hasn't been revealed, no doubt he himself was simply an agent sent to Azeroth by a void Lord.
    SL - my guess is the Jailer will be revealed to represent some broken part of the cycle because long ago there was a first one that went evil or something and started whispering to the Jailer. Who this first one is? So incredibly powerful only an entire expansion pack could do him justice.
    N'Zoth remains the only villain who "survived" all the retcons.

Kil'jaeden: pawn of Sargeras
    Lich King: pawn of the Janitor
    Deathwing: pawn of N'Zoth
    Garrosh: pawn of Y'Shaarj (Alleria is stated to be the first mortal to successfully defy the Shadows' whispers, NOT Garrosh)
    Archimonde: another pawn of Sargeras
    Argus: pawn of Sargeras... and the Janitor/Denathrius I guess?

You can consider N'Zoth a pawn of the Void Lords, but it is worth noting that this info was already contained in the Chronicles. What did not happen is that N'Zoth wasn't retconned into being yet another pawn (willingly or not) of the Janitor, so that's something to keep in mind. The Janitor had his plans, and N'Zoth had his own plans. N'Zoth came very close to ultimate victory when he almost merged Ny'alotha with the World Soul, which would have spelt doom for the entire world. And it is likely that N'Zoth remains active, hiding in the shadows and waiting to strike again. And using the Janitor's invasion as a window of opportunity to recover.

As for the Janitor, it is very important to remember that he is NOT the creator of the Nathrezim (the agents who infiltrated all cosmic forces), Denathrius is. And Denathrius is just an ally of the Janitor. So it is very likely that the Janitor will end up being a pawn for whatever plan Denatrhius and his Nathrezim servants are working on. Denathrius is still active by the way, and though he is incapacitated within the sword, he was rescued by his Nathrezim.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Silithus was practically wiped off the map, so I think it's safe to assume the sword had some environmental impact. However, how it's impacting the plant life and cave systems of southern Kalimdor just doesn't seem important to the story and I can't see it being the plan they supposedly have for it.

Azeroth is a planet. If the same rules applied, I imagine Aman'Thul would not have left the wound he caused wide open.
    When Aman'Thul left the wound Azeroth was still a ball of dirt not a cocoon harbouring a sleep Titan. (aka retcons)
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

One is a stab wound, the other is having something ripped out. Also that incident and the resulting bleeding is why they only imprisoned the other old gods.

Just imagine later expansions.
    It is revealed that the azerite which resulted from the wound caused by the sword plunged by Sargeras into Azeroth seeped into the ground infecting the Aqir which had a vast array of cave networks in Silithus which can stretch for up to 5 zones that include Uldum,Un'goro crater,Tanaris,Feralas and the southern Barrens. (do note that all these zones had bugs present in them).
    This will bring with it an expansion of underground Azeroth that includes fighting the Aqir kingdom.

Just an idea i had

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    When Aman'Thul left the wound Azeroth was still a ball of dirt not a cocoon harbouring a sleep Titan. (aka retcons)
    I'm pretty sure by MoP we knew Azeroth was a Titan.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The Well of Eternity being a wound caused by Aman'Thul extracting an Old God is from the same source that made Azeroth a Titan, i.e Chronicle. Though Mists implied Azeroth being a titan/The Pantheon being dead.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2022-01-05 at 04:23 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.