Here is what i know about the upcoming expansion, believe me if you want

Seeing all the leaks here in the past days, let me tell you none of them are right, but i had a ton of fun reading them

I have been saying these stuff here and there (mostly in private convos) since we started working on the expansion during BFA.

The Dragon Isles were supposed to be the 8.3 zone during the planning stages but that was quickly scrapped before the release of the expansion and we started to convert and merge it with our 10.0 plans.

The lore is something along the lines of „coming out of hiding”. The isles were hidden from the rest of the world but due to some calamity, which will be revealed at the end of Shadowlands i think, they are now exposed to the rest of the world. The inhabitants are human-dragon hybrids of various degrees. Dragons are also in the isles naturally but they aren’t related to the dragons we knew before.

The isles themselves are very „nordic”, and are placed on the world map somewhere between Northrend and Eastern Kingdoms. There is a tundra zone called Fjolkivak Riverlands, an arctic swamp called Utragosla, and a fully snowed iceberg zone called Aurora Glaciers. There is also a mountainous zone but the name is probably not finished because it’s literally called Mountains currently. These 4 are the leveling zones. There is 2 endgame zone currently planned for release. One of them is called The Eye. It’s in the middle of the isles and is a huge dragon temple but there aren’t really any content there besides story quests. The other is called Volyrium which is a seperate isle off the coast of the isles and it’s basically one big city. It’s rulled by an eternal emperor. This emperor is one of the main baddies in the xpac. There is also a little zone which is basically a dungeon but is accessible in the open world too, because there is a quest to unlock the dungeon.

The main city is a small isle and is sort of an outpost-town thing. There is also an emerald grove in the city with a green dragon living there, probably a „ruler” or something like that.

Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms will get a visual update, but only a handful of zones will have a place in the story, the rest of them are purely graphical updates. Northrend and Outland updates are planned for later patches.

The first raid currently has 9 bosses and is located in Volyrium, but i don’t know the names of the bosses because they have placeholder names. There is also a mini raid planned to release in the following weeks of the release in the 10.0.5 patch, located in the mini-zone mentioned earlier. 10.1 is also planned to release in the quarter-year following the release, but not much has been currently revealed to us about this patch. There are 11 dungeons currently planned for release, but there are talks to postpone one of them until 10.0.5.

There is no new class, no 4th spec, no tinkerers, dark rangers, dragonsworns or anything like that. 2 allied race are planned to be released during later patches, but that is just an „inside-rumor” currently and is not 100%.

Housing has been talked heavily and is in a pretty advanced form. They are still debating wether to release it with the expansion or in a later patch.

I know that gearing will receive some extras. I’ve seen an early iteration which had a gear-piece with a passive ability on it and it could be upgraded with a currency. There was also a class mastery gem-slot in it but i don’t know much about that.

I don’t know anything about when will they release 9.2 or when will they plan to announce the new expansion, all i know is that it’s „soon”.

That is all i know about it, some of them may change until the release. Believe me if you want, just wait and see.

No class or race, no buy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wharren View Post
    No class or race, no buy.

No any-significant-marketable-expansion-feature for that matter. Other than "heavily talked" player housing? Psssh.

15+ Year Old Account
    You know these dumb ass leaks are written by bored 12-22 year olds when they have phrases like "believe me if you want" (sometimes coupled with, "or don't").

No shit people either believe you or they don't. They'll do that with or without your permission so your faux casual disregard doesn't actually come across as more believable.

Also this boring premise is just MoP and WotLK blended together. Try harder and next time leave the editorializing out of it.
    Last edited by chrisisvacant; 2022-01-16 at 03:17 PM.

Can we have a megathread for all these "leaks"?
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian Rayne View Post
    Can we have a megathread for all these "leaks"?
    Or...as an alternate idea, could we give them their own subforum to contain all of these leaks? Maybe name it after something that can hold a leak properly in it, like "The Dumpster" or something along those lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    No any-significant-marketable-expansion-feature for that matter. Other than "heavily talked" player housing? Psssh.
    What was the last time we got a proper expansion feature though? Not saying there hasn't been any but we haven't seen massive improvement features since Mists of Pandaria. Last 3 expansions main feature was "Mission Table" just dumped down even more each expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Another expansion without a new race or class would be a very bad idea for Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    What was the last time we got a proper expansion feature though? Not saying there hasn't been any but we haven't seen massive improvement features since Mists of Pandaria. Last 3 expansions main feature was "Mission Table" just dumped down even more each expansion.
    Demon Hunters and Class Halls in Legion. Also getting like 10 Allied races in BFA wasn’t bad either.

You took this thread to heart, didn't you?
    But your leak is boring enough that it might as well be ignored. It sounds really like a .3 patch, nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    pepeW

I'd wish mods would make one giant shitthread called "leaks" and let them duke it out there - then permaban and delete all the leak threads outside it, they are made by burners anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Another expansion without a new race or class would be a very bad idea for Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Demon Hunters and Class Halls in Legion. Also getting like 10 Allied races in BFA wasn’t bad either.
    Allied Races are just new races (But with a shitty grindlock behind them, like make them playable for anyone to the game and dont make them allied at all) but that is not game changing features i was talking about. They are good but nothing Ground breaking.

Mists of Pandaria had:
    Pet Battles (TOTALLY NEW)
    Scenarios (TOTALLY NEW)
    Challenge Mode (TOTALLY NEW)
    Farmville (TOTALLY NEW)
    Brawlers guild (TOTALLY NEW)
    Proving Ground (TOTALLY NEW)
    BMAH (TOTALLY NEW)

And that is just the things that are new.
    I can list:
    New Class
    New Race

In the list too.

Class Halls is same as Garrison, just dumped down for class like this isnt game breaking at all so is Demon Hunter is just the usual new class add content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allied Races are just new races (But with a shitty grindlock behind them, like make them playable for anyone to the game and dont make them allied at all) but that is not game changing features i was talking about. They are good but nothing Ground breaking.

Mists of Pandaria had:
    Pet Battles (TOTALLY NEW)
    Scenarios (TOTALLY NEW)
    Challenge Mode (TOTALLY NEW)
    Farmville (TOTALLY NEW)
    Brawlers guild (TOTALLY NEW)
    Proving Ground (TOTALLY NEW)
    BMAH (TOTALLY NEW)

And that is just the things that are new.
    I can list:
    New Class
    New Race

In the list too.

Class Halls is same as Garrison, just dumped down for class like this isnt game breaking at all so is Demon Hunter is just the usual new class add content.
    No argument here. Things have definitely scaled down since MoP. Real shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

- - - Updated - - -

This... when your competition is rolling out 2 new classes and you go another expac with nothing, good luck blizz...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Or...as an alternate idea, could we give them their own subforum to contain all of these leaks? Maybe name it after something that can hold a leak properly in it, like "The Dumpster" or something along those lines.
    Or we could start handing out bans and lock the threads immediately.

10+ Year Old Account

I think what one considers "proper expansion feature" is based on that individual's perception of what is considered good/proper, since different people like different things.

Personally, I think new playable classes (hero classes or otherwise) are proper expansion features, and examples of that are Death Knights, Monks and Demon Hunters.

And no, last 3 expansions features were not dumbed down mission tables. Artifact Weapons + Demon Hunters + introduction of Mythic+ dungeons and Order Halls (your mission table example) for Legion, Heart of Azeroth system + Azerite Gear + Warfronts and Allied Races for BfA, and now Covenants and Torghast for Shadowlands... apart from being controversial, are not dumbed down mission tables.

I would agree with your point if you changed dumbed down mission tables to the "too many systems" argument people have with Shadowlands.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-01-16 at 04:17 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by throwayaccountxpacleak View Post
    Seeing all the leaks here in the past days, let me tell you none of them are right, but i had a ton of fun reading them

I have been saying these stuff here and there (mostly in private convos) since we started working on the expansion during BFA.

The Dragon Isles were supposed to be the 8.3 zone during the planning stages but that was quickly scrapped before the release of the expansion and we started to convert and merge it with our 10.0 plans.

The lore is something along the lines of „coming out of hiding”. The isles were hidden from the rest of the world but due to some calamity, which will be revealed at the end of Shadowlands i think, they are now exposed to the rest of the world. The inhabitants are human-dragon hybrids of various degrees. Dragons are also in the isles naturally but they aren’t related to the dragons we knew before.

The isles themselves are very „nordic”, and are placed on the world map somewhere between Northrend and Eastern Kingdoms. There is a tundra zone called Fjolkivak Riverlands, an arctic swamp called Utragosla, and a fully snowed iceberg zone called Aurora Glaciers. There is also a mountainous zone but the name is probably not finished because it’s literally called Mountains currently. These 4 are the leveling zones. There is 2 endgame zone currently planned for release. One of them is called The Eye. It’s in the middle of the isles and is a huge dragon temple but there aren’t really any content there besides story quests. The other is called Volyrium which is a seperate isle off the coast of the isles and it’s basically one big city. It’s rulled by an eternal emperor. This emperor is one of the main baddies in the xpac. There is also a little zone which is basically a dungeon but is accessible in the open world too, because there is a quest to unlock the dungeon.

The main city is a small isle and is sort of an outpost-town thing. There is also an emerald grove in the city with a green dragon living there, probably a „ruler” or something like that.

Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms will get a visual update, but only a handful of zones will have a place in the story, the rest of them are purely graphical updates. Northrend and Outland updates are planned for later patches.

The first raid currently has 9 bosses and is located in Volyrium, but i don’t know the names of the bosses because they have placeholder names. There is also a mini raid planned to release in the following weeks of the release in the 10.0.5 patch, located in the mini-zone mentioned earlier. 10.1 is also planned to release in the quarter-year following the release, but not much has been currently revealed to us about this patch. There are 11 dungeons currently planned for release, but there are talks to postpone one of them until 10.0.5.

There is no new class, no 4th spec, no tinkerers, dark rangers, dragonsworns or anything like that. 2 allied race are planned to be released during later patches, but that is just an „inside-rumor” currently and is not 100%.

Housing has been talked heavily and is in a pretty advanced form. They are still debating wether to release it with the expansion or in a later patch.

I know that gearing will receive some extras. I’ve seen an early iteration which had a gear-piece with a passive ability on it and it could be upgraded with a currency. There was also a class mastery gem-slot in it but i don’t know much about that.

I don’t know anything about when will they release 9.2 or when will they plan to announce the new expansion, all i know is that it’s „soon”.

That is all i know about it, some of them may change until the release. Believe me if you want, just wait and see.
    What low-effort garbage.

You come in saying how everything else was wrong then you say stuff like "i think" - just stop. This is a sad attempt.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I think what one considers "proper expansion feature" is based on that individual's perception of what is considered good/proper, since different people like different things.

Personally, I think new playable classes (hero classes or otherwise) are proper expansion features, and examples of that are Death Knights, Monks and Demon Hunters.

And no, last 3 expansions features were not dumbed down mission tables. Artifact Weapons + Demon Hunters + introduction of Mythic+ dungeons and Order Halls (your mission table example) for Legion, Heart of Azeroth system + Azerite Gear + Warfronts and Allied Races for BfA, and now Covenants and Torghast for Shadowlands... apart from being controversial, are not dumbed down mission tables.

I would agree with your point if you changed dumbed down mission tables to the "too many systems" argument people have with Shadowlands.
    Check my prio posts of Mists of Pandaria features and compare them to today. Not saying we aint getting any.
    But they even had to add "New Raid, New Dungeons, New level cap" to the feature video each expansion lately just to fill in the gaps.

Mists of Pandaria probably had as many features if you combine the last 3 expansions :/

As i said before, new class and race i don't really see as a feature, just something that was bound to happen since TBC and so on. Nothing innovating or new to the game to keep people sticking around.