Why does Onyxia deep breathe?

Was it ever revealed why? Does it have a trigger or is it just RNG timer?

She used to smoke Marlboro Red OG back in the day, hence the fire breath.

to calm down. i mean there's a bunch of strangers breaking and entering...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Jeff Kaplan confirmed in a long-removed interview from 2005 that it was just an RNG timer, and had no pattern, rhyme, or reason beyond the random trigger. The only real way to control the attack is to increase your DPS and kill her faster, reducing the total amount of time she could perform Deep Breath attacks.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Jeff Kaplan confirmed in a long-removed interview from 2005 that it was just an RNG timer, and had no pattern, rhyme, or reason beyond the random trigger. The only real way to control the attack is to increase your DPS and kill her faster, reducing the total amount of time she could perform Deep Breath attacks.
    Well damn i thought it was something obscure like a mage blinking.

My first thought was "distraction." But that was her human form.

15+ Year Old Account
    To make the encounter harder
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.