Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    New race or class we need GOOD NEW content first.
    Can’t new races and classes also be considered good new content?

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    in terms of sustaining and growing, no. new races and more so new classes bring people back and get new people to try them out. I'm shocked SL didn't have a new class.
    Agreed, although I don't think new races are as important. The lack of new class in shadowlands severely depreciated the value of wow as an MMO for me. Granted it needs to be a cool iconic class, not another niche one like monk. Certainly not tinker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

It was never about the lack of new classes or races for me. Wows downfall is artificially time gated content and useless new mechanics that they keep renaming

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Agreed, although I don't think new races are as important. The lack of new class in shadowlands severely depreciated the value of wow as an MMO for me. Granted it needs to be a cool iconic class, not another niche one like monk. Certainly not tinker.

I wouldn’t consider a Monk class niche, since such classes are staples of the genre.

Also the WoW Monk class is based on a pretty iconic character (Chen Stormstout). I suppose what you’re saying is that we need another hero class, and not another new base class like the Monk. I disagree, since base classes are available to players at level 1, new WoW players (who purchased the expansion) will get to play it with no conditions.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-01-10 at 06:16 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    who cares about new races? Just make a good game without trying to make me go thru 15 diff types of powers....having to gain this and that to get this ultimate power that will last for 5 months and then get replaced

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    The fact that they added so many new allied races yet made them gated behind stupid questlines and rep (which was rescinded) is just a testament for how stupid they are. They need to add new stuff to keep it interesting. Fuck what the retards think about balance. Just add the classes and say fuck it. A new class always injects life into the game.
    New class and races is bit like giving a patient a bloodpack when the heart is obliterated by a cannon ball.

WoW's game downfall(game, not company) was the moment they started giving in to the whims and tears of players demanding new classes every expansion.

People cry they want a new class, Blizzard adds a class. Then Blizzard has 2-3 new specs they have to add into the balance system and 99% of the PVE population already complains about balance issues. Yet time and time again they ask for more classes that will impact that even more.

Blizzard issue is they have nothing else exciting to advertise. "Here's new zones that are half the size of the previous expansion! Here's a bunch of reskinned mobs and armor! and here's a story that won't make sense"
    Last edited by OokOok; 2022-01-10 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Funny how the first mention of Tinkers in this thread is you telling others to get over them.
    You're new to Teriz-threads, i take it? Plus the "first mention" is op's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You're new to Teriz-threads, i take it? Plus the "first mention" is op's signature.
    Signatures have no relevancy to threads so the fact remains Tinkers live rent free in your head. I can't imagine what your reaction will be when they eventually get added.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post
    What are the expansions that are considered in the best expansions list. Wotlk/mop/legion. All of which had classes.

What are the expansions that had neither race nor class. Wod/shadowlands.

I rest my case.
    i love how MoP suddenly became one of best expansions when it suits the discusion
    it was pretty badly received at the time and after it ended it was always considered "middle of the pack" rather than one of the best, yet somehow, now it became one of the best...
    also, bfa had shitton of races and is considered one of the worst... cata had races and was received pretty badly too...
    huh, it seems like races have nothing to do with expansion popularity, and classes dont really help unless the expansion have good content (or a bit of help from nostalgia)

your case have no leg to stand on it seems...

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I wouldn’t consider a Monk class niche, since such classes are staples of the genre.

Also the WoW Monk class is based on a pretty iconic character (Chen Stormstout). I suppose what you’re saying is that we need another hero class, and not another new base class like the Monk. I disagree, since base classes are available to players at level 1, new WoW players (who purchased the expansion) will get to play it with no conditions.
    No, I mean a class that people want to play. Monks are wildly unpopular compared to death knight and demon hunter, even when they have been mathematically superior. While there are of course multiple factors for this, you would have to be pretty stubborn to ignore the clear disconnect players had with them thematically.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i love how MoP suddenly became one of best expansions when it suits the discusion
    it was pretty badly received at the time and after it ended it was always considered "middle of the pack" rather than one of the best, yet somehow, now it became one of the best...
    The themes of MoP were terrible, as was the first patch. They fixed many issues as the patches progressed, however, and the actual class structure was pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

5+ Year Old Account
    I always like new class or race it just add more things and its permament instead of temporary covenants etc things. For people that says "why you want to add new class if all classes already are unbalanced" you simply cannot balance even if u would delete 5 classes or 10 random specs it still would be unbalanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    No, I mean a class that people want to play. Monks are wildly unpopular compared to death knight and demon hunter, even when they have been mathematically superior. While there are of course multiple factors for this, you would have to be pretty stubborn to ignore the clear disconnect players had with them thematically.
    According to this;

https://wowanalytica.com/statistics

Monks are not much worse off than DKs and DHs. DH is #8, DK is #9, and Monks are #11. Druids, Paladins, and Hunters destroy all of them, and those three classes have ALWAYS been popular in WoW.

I think the more important part is to see why Druids, Paladins, and Hunters are so much more popular, especially in the case of Druids. If a future class can tap into what makes these classes so popular over time, then you're going to have a new class that is also extremely popular. A mech-based technology class for example could operate very similarly to the Druid class along with the physical ranged of the Hunter class, thus being extremely popular among players.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-01-10 at 11:33 AM.

What userbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkantosChampion View Post
    idk but new class is 20-30% content of a new expansion
    yeah of course wod,cata,bfa had more content than legion xd or mop

I am sure blizzard if smart will throw everything at the next expansion. New race, classes people been crying for, whatever to keep the flow out to slow.

Yes, current expansions are lacking many things. But classes/races are far from the biggest issue.

New race/clasd is neat, but its not a must for me

There's already 36 different spec bringing their own gameplay and they sometimes struggle to find their own identity because they match with something another class have. People don't want new class, they want their class to look like another. They want cosmetic for their abilities.

I rather they don't add new classes anymore. What they should do is stop forcing you into grinds you dont want for activities you do want.