Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

What Would Bring You Back to WoW?

I'm sure this has been asked before but I didn't see any recent posts about this in my, admittedly, brief search of the forums.
    For those who are no longer playing the game, what would bring you back to the game? What would you like to see in perhaps a new expansion?

For me I would like them to focus on making the classes fun again and do away with the convoluted temporary power systems. I feel like those systems only serve as a weird grind that makes it less desirable to play alts or even other specs.

So I think it would be cool to get 4th specs for the non hero classes and just work on class/spec identities and make them fun to play. Take a look at some balancing. Why have Disc priests and Holy Paladins been so dominant for M+ for so many expansions now? (because they provide both the most dps AND the damage reduction Healing CDs) just as an example. I think 4th specs would also allow for other classes to do roles they normally wouldn't be able to do.
    I know a lot of people are against the 4th spec thing but I think it would be cool.

Secondly, just focus on a system that is fun primarily and design it with the intent that it could stick around as a permanent feature in the game. Torghast had so much potential as an alternate way to play the game. Just turn the powers up to 11, offer more build paths (it really needed like 3 times the amount of powers just to start). I could go on an entire rant about this but I will leave it at that

I just wanna be able to raid without having to farm 3 different systems and m+ and pvp in order to be optimal,also player housing

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I just wanna be able to raid without having to farm 3 different systems and m+ and pvp in order to be optimal,also player housing
    Yeah for sure. Mythic (or Old Heroic) Raiding was my favorite part about the game, I totally agree with that idea. I don't want to PVP (like trying to get that one Conflict and Strife Essence or farming for the badge trinket for fire mage). I don't want to have to spam m+ because it is the best way to fill out your gear (though I like m+ in moderation) and I don't want to have to farm some rep or other stuff to unlock things like my legendary.

Doing some questline or whatever is fine, but having to do dailies everyday, run torghast weekly, run keys during the week, capping conquest, and in the past having to farm old raids and other content for legendaries, just isn't fun.

I know you don't HAVE to do that stuff and that is the argument. However, if you want to raid at the same level you did before all that stuff, it FEELS required, so that you aren't holding your team back by not taking advantage of all the avenues to fill out your gear

FF XIV becoming bad and all my friends leaving it.

Because that's what it took for me to leave WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    FF XIV becoming bad and all my friends leaving it.

Because that's what it took for me to leave WoW.
    Fair enough

10+ Year Old Account
    A Tinker class. Technology-based classes are my favorite RPG class, and it's far past time WoW had one in its lineup.

• 4th spec.
    • Necromancer.
    • A good, interesting story.
    • Alt friendly gameplay from the beginning of an expansion on.
    • Fun leveling modes that don't require two patches to be compatitive. No max level only dungeons.
    • No max level only progression.
    • Infact, If there is an endgame progression system, then get rid of the leveling stage entirely.
    • No effectively locking a character into one spec.
    • Get rid of time limited mounts. Abolish the seasons system.
    • No FOMO content whatsoever
    • No daily only content. Don't force me to login daily, let me do all chores at one day of a week
    • Flying right from the start with no reputation requirements
    • unify the factions. Playing on Alliance side is lonely.
    • Guild Halls that work like Garrissons (so we have the option to grow reagents). Development via guild money
    • More guild achievements and perks
    • Ban all advertisement in lfg tool. Implement a working filter function into group tool
    • reenable WQGF or build in the option to find groups into all WQs like it is already present for World Bosses and Elite quests.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2022-01-13 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    A Tinker class. Technology-based classes are my favorite RPG class, and it's far past time WoW had one in its lineup.
    Oh yeah FOR SURE. I have always subscribed to the idea that the classes in WoW should be reflected in the lore characters. Why can't we be a Dark Ranger like Sylvanas, or whatever Anduin actually is with his plate armor? Tinkers definitely should have been in a while ago now. Imo scrap engineering as a profession because they have been purging that profession for years anyways. Make a Tinker class

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    4th spec.
    Necromancer.
    A good, interesting story.
    Alt friendly gameplay from the beginning of an expansion on.
    Fun leveling modes that don't require two patches to be compatitive. No max level only dungeons.
    No max level only progression.
    Infact, If there is a endgame progression system, then get rid of the leveling stage entirely.

No effectively locking a character into one spec.
    Get rid of time limited mounts. Abolish the seasons system.
    So you are saying all the expansion dungeons should be available as you level? I'd agree with that, I'm not sure why they started moving to this other model anyways.

What are some ideas of non max-level progression? that is the first time I have ever seen that brought up

Mandatory fixes:

• Release quality content and a lot of it. One minor content patch with bad story every year and a half is unacceptable and isn't worth a $15 a month subscription. We also need to return to MoP-era levels of content quality and quantity. Also, stop removing questlines.
    • Stop releasing buggy patches and using your paying customers as unpaid beta testers.
    • Remove the timegating and the grinds.
    • Knock it off with the borrowed power.
    • Stop making the game revolve around raiding. Cater to casuals.
    • Make PvP rewarding again.
    • Fix crafting.
    • Get good music again. MoP and WoD had amazing soundtracks, then they dropped the ball starting with Legion.
    • Get good writers. The current writers are unable to get the audience invested in their new stuff, and are doing shoddy rehashes of old stuff.
    • Optimize the game. WoW used to run very well on low end machines, which is all the more important today when computer hardware is through the roof and will probably continue being so for at least another year.
    • Stop designing the game around the WoW token.
    • Stop making cramped and claustrophobic zones that are terrible to navigate and unenjoyable to be in.
    • Stop mocking your customers.

Enticing stuff that might get me to resub for a while or buy an expac, but won't hold for long without the above fixes:

• New class with a strong, appealing class fantasy, like Tinker or Dark Ranger.
    • Inhuman playable races like Cryptlord Nerubians.
    • Class skins. I want to be able to play as a real Sunwalker Tauren, not a Tauren pretending to be a paladin.
    • More challenging singleplayer content like the Mage Tower (NEW fights not recycled old fights!). Also more challenging small group content like the Mechagon dungeon. Also, don't make it require a month's long item level grind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Alt friendly gameplay from the beginning of an expansion on.

No effectively locking a character into one spec.
    Also this. One of the things I love about FFXIV is that I can enjoy multiple different class fantasies. The hardest part is levelling up each job to max level, but once at max level it's pretty easy for me to get them geared up and do the latest content with them. Not so in WoW.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2022-01-13 at 11:52 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A time machine.

Nothing. I've completely written off Blizzard as a consumer.

In the state it's in now? Remove the sub, make it free to play. I don't feel like it's worth the money, nor the gold grind for wow tokens.

Since deviousness and general corporate degeneracy is not going away anytime soon, probably nothing will pull me back to this game.

Still, would be nice to see if people/players weren't being threated like trash for once. I would love to see some kind of compassion and love towards the playerbase rather than throwing scraps at them, or in this case giving them a middle finger instead anything meaningful and cool.

A new class once a year or so would be a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaku View Post
    So you are saying all the expansion dungeons should be available as you level? I'd agree with that, I'm not sure why they started moving to this other model anyways.
    Exactly. SL was the worst in this regard: Only 4 Leveling dungeons was boring as hell.

What are some ideas of non max-level progression? that is the first time I have ever seen that brought up
    I wanted no max level only progression. If there is such a system, let me start right from the beginning. So in SL's case let me get renown from level 50, let me do Torghast and earn ash/ciders from level 50 on, let me begin the covenant questline as part of my leveling experience (instead of implementing a option to skip later) and for zones introduced later in the patch: Let me level there and work on getting the relevant currency for when I'm max level instead of leveling in the X.0 zones and then once max switching over to a completely new zone, effectively wasting my time!
    Infact, that bugs me really: Look at Argus, broken shore, the timeless isle, Nazjatar, molten front, Isle of thunder, etc. All of those zones are absolutely useless now, even with level scaling. Why not open them up and let people level there?

People were opressed by this company for so long now, so that they are now affraid to even dream of something nice. Fucking nazis and KGB used to do same with humans.

I promise im not being glib: but a genuine philosophical change. Im a mega casual. My experience has been, since wod, a very deliberate funhouse mirror of the actual game. Even if you think thats fair... it speaks of incredible laziness in design. And this permeates both my experience and yours. Shadowlands really pushed this to its limits.

Theres a real "this'll do!" Laziness in the game. The shit pulled on casual players with boring, dull, timegated, grindy content ended up in your game as soon as it was tolerated in ours. We're a testing ground on how little they can get away with before they apply it to their 'core' playerbase.

That being said.... just give me more allied races to unlock i suppose... or a lego cloak/ring quest over the course of an expansion. Even better give opt in and completely avoidable customisation (account bound) rewards. I want some shit in the very garbage casual game that raiders can avoid, that gives casual players who did the grind something that raid loggers dont get). But they can get... just as we can get it. But they dont need to get. In fact, they can use this info to help them decide how serious we are about the game. I just dont want a lesser version of the 'actual' game to be our reward.
    Last edited by ippollite; 2022-01-13 at 01:12 PM.

Fire Kotick
    A much more grounded story
    A story that makes sense
    A reason to run more than just the current raid tier, like Legion. Could run pretty much anything at any difficulty. Was great for alts!
    Fire Kotick.

A token price below 150,000g, being able to sub using Bnet balance, or the game going F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by UhmHi View Post
    In the state it's in now? Remove the sub, make it free to play. I don't feel like it's worth the money, nor the gold grind for wow tokens.
    So you would come back if they just removed the sub? Interesting. I'm sure you have some gameplay related thing

That there is the sort of content I do and its fun.

During BFA and SL, the last remains of that stuff was removed. I won't say what exactly this content is because I know most of the playebase considers it irrelevant. I will only say that i basically do no end game content that people consider content. Not anymore that is.

I just want my good waste of time back. These days it is just waste of time. Not good waste of time.