Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RiseOfTheAspects View Post
    [B]New Class:Tinkerer
    hi Teriz's throwaway account

Ahhh... it is that time of the year again^^

But no. I don't think this is anything but fanfiction. First: Tinkers... then these random updates of zones again Tyrande actually forgiving Sylvannas... the zones for each flight... seems a bit to... boring for blizz when it comes to zones.

Also a ex dev just telling people without even a dummy account. That would never happen. He would put his completly livelyhood on the line because if that ever gets public and who knows who heared that in your guild fi true... he would neve rbe hired by ANYONE again.
    That would be beyond stupid. At least he should have made a dummy reddit account.

Even if you leave a company you cannot just talk about stuff willy-nilly. NDAs exist for a reason and people won't just tell thsi to people, basically in person, they probably don't even know that good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    "typing."

So, not actually copying and pasting the source.

Yeah, it's fake.
    Yeah you got me there on that one. Good catch. Indeed a fake leak, but we all know they won't write stuff like this on some sorta Excel its prob on their board and hidden inside some sorta system anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

A disgruntled senior level designer at Blizzard who recently resigned, and is in my guild, mentioned this during one of our raid nights last week, to myself and 2 other officers. Their identity is known to us, so we know from their Linkedin that they until recently worked on World of Warcraft.
    When people have actual information, they tend not to feel the need to give an elaborate explanation for why that information is real--because they already know it is so anyone that doesn't believe them is just going to end up wrong or looking foolish. "My dad works at Nintendo!!!!" is something you do when you are posting made up crap, because you are keenly aware that it is fake information and are struggling to find some credibility so that people will believe you didn't make it up.

Also, people tend to overexplain ("and he's in my guild! and he mentioned it to us! and it was last week! during raiding! to three of us! we're guild officers! we know who they are! from linkedin!") when lying, for the same reason as above: being overly conscience that they are making shit up and overcompensating to try and seem credible.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is wrong .

Reason : Blizzard mentioned that the time between us now in the shadowlands and the real world is different , its assumed that time runs so much faster when we are in the real world but when we are in shadowlands we dont feel it so we will return and feel alot of things changed

Quote Originally Posted by regardoz View Post
    This is wrong .

Reason : Blizzard mentioned that the time between us now in the shadowlands and the real world is different , its assumed that time runs so much faster when we are in the real world but when we are in shadowlands we dont feel it so we will return and feel alot of things changed
    That is the exact opposite of how it works.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Guy in my guild "mentioned" this during raid night." -> Organized press release with bullet pointed features.

Something doesn't quite add up.

The only thing that's more cringe than these leaks is the first few posters always saying how reasonable and likely it is to be real, because how disappointing it sounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice fanfic, bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by RiseOfTheAspects View Post
    Yeah, it's fake. I got several twitch streamers to believe it, which was the point. OMEGALUL
    Your single-viewer middle school friend is hardly """"several twitch streamers"""".

Too bad that Blizzard already confirmed that N'zoth is old god dust now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Ahhh... it is that time of the year again^^
    It's the usual chain effect here, someone posts some "new expansion leak" and you have a bunch of bored posters suddenly getting inspired to spam this load of bull here for a few weeks, until it gets old.

It's all overwhelmingly made up bullshit shooting in the dark, it just often sounds plausible because there are various established stories and premonitions to go off, as well as PTR data to build their sand castles upon, like in this case Zovaal damaging Azeroth, because of PTR raid mechanic description, which may not even have any sort of relevance or repercussions in reality in 10.0.

Oh and of course, N'zoth being alive is favorite fanfic around this block, because it's somehow more than just some bug we squished who is just an overgrown sperm fapped out randomly by the actual Void masters. Yep, we're totally dreaming in Nyalotha now... herpa derp.

So far it's the least stupid leak we've seen but I have strong doubts about a new class being added even if it seems to be the most plausible one. I'm also not convinced by the whole N'zoth is alive plot but seeing how Danuser's writing went well during Shadowlands I wouldn't be surprised by such cliché.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    He added a new spec right after you mentioned it, Making this even more fake then it is.
    Also they are all very similiar each expansion leak lol.

All tho the lairs idea and the improvement on Mage Tower content with it (Which is pretty hyped content MT) is a good thing and might do WoW good.

But yeah this is fake AF.
    Incorrect. gyazo .com/92109389bb75a669fd51537a34ab15db

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    "Guy in my guild "mentioned" this during raid night." -> Organized press release with bullet pointed features.

Something doesn't quite add up.
    Yeah i noticed that too.

That being said it really doesn't discredit leak just based on that.
    Whole idea seems kind plausible.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Didn't mention any new systems so clearly fake kek

So going from the dates: Feb 22nd would have to be 9.2 (last Tuesday in Feb). Jailer cinematic ("week 2") would be March 8th, "that Thursday" for 10.0 reveal would be March 10th.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2022-01-13 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    We must be getting close to an official announcement if the "Fan Extension" thread start being named "Leak"
    Not really. The months before, Shadowlands? BfA? One of the recent ones; there were like 3 different leak "seasons", because people thought an announcement was imminent even when it wasn't.

They may announce 10.0 in a couple of months, but they may also announce it in summer. Whenever it happens, every few weeks someone will post a "leak" that will cause several others to appear that same day.

That doesn't mean stuff can't get leaked, and with Blizzard losing people left and right, lips may be looser than usual. We may also end up with a Dragon Isles/World Revamp expansion that doesn't match any of these ones, much like it happened with Shadowlands.

So, is it an open season of leaks again? Does this mean we're close to reveal?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Also Zovaal isn't a giant robot or anything, he doesn't exactly have an off switch. The whole blueprints of Eternal Ones is being taken really weirdly
    What about that robot form on the 9.2 PTR? Looks to me like Zovaal is a giant robot that just might have an off swotch somewhere. Same as Denathrius and co.

Too detailed and sounds way too much just like popular ideas randomly thrown together.

If you're going to make a fake leak at least get imaginative with it.