Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hmm... i think it's inconclusive because we are getting way more mounts than we used to in the shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I don't see Tech at all. Looks more magical swooshy armor to me, like the Skyblazer mount

"Magical swooshy armor" is common in titan tech as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw it suggested that the night elf-ish armor was an allusion to the moon, while the cat mount is one to the sun. The idea being that sun and moon are related to the powers of Elune/Life, and the suggestion that dragons are important with regards to the power of Life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I saw it suggested that the night elf-ish armor was an allusion to the moon, while the cat mount is one to the sun. The idea being that sun and moon are related to the powers of Elune/Life, and the suggestion that dragons are important with regards to the power of Life.
    What makes me skeptical of that concept is what exactly is the goal of such a “sun and moon” expansion? Like who would the antagonist be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    What makes me skeptical of that concept is what exactly is the goal of such a “sun and moon” expansion? Like who would the antagonist be?
    There's this totally unique new character, right? One of the Life Lords. Called.... Blovaal the... Hailer. Turns out he gave Grom Hellscream his axe Gorehowl as part of a long unfolding plan to hrubleblebrlm...

Honestly, I couldn't tell you off hand what the antagonist of a 'natural powers/Life' conflict would be, but it's the same thing with dragons frankly. If it's a dragon expansion, whose the main antagonist? Deathwing was the big evil dragon and he's gone, no one else really fits the bill. Sabellian maybe? It would probably have to be a new character, and might be something kept secret at first and built up towards the climax over the course of the expansion, like Garrosh was in MoP.

Elune being revealed as the sibling of one of the 'pantheon of Death', and the idea that every power has a pantheon of god-tier characters, opens up the possibility for many more of these entities to exist and any of them could take the stage as an antagonist, though I genuinely don't think it's all that likely since that was just done with Jailer (and not exactly done well).

I was speculating that if this really is an expansion related to Azeroth again and the development of the worldsoul, Yogg-Saron might have a role to play, since the Titan Keepers are bound to be involved and Ulduar is just lousy with Yogg-Saron's lingering corruption. None of the other 'dead' Old Gods managed a successful resurrection, maybe Yogg could be the 'third time's the charm'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I couldn't tell you off hand what the antagonist of a 'natural powers/Life' conflict would be, but it's the same thing with dragons frankly. If it's a dragon expansion, whose the main antagonist? Deathwing was the big evil dragon and he's gone, no one else really fits the bill. Sabellian maybe? It would probably have to be a new character, and might be something kept secret at first and built up towards the climax over the course of the expansion, like Garrosh was in MoP.

Elune being revealed as the sibling of one of the 'pantheon of Death', and the idea that every power has a pantheon of god-tier characters, opens up the possibility for many more of these entities to exist and any of them could take the stage as an antagonist, though I genuinely don't think it's all that likely since that was just done with Jailer (and not exactly done well).

I was speculating that if this really is an expansion related to Azeroth again and the development of the worldsoul, Yogg-Saron might have a role to play, since the Titan Keepers are bound to be involved and Ulduar is just lousy with Yogg-Saron's lingering corruption. None of the other 'dead' Old Gods managed a successful resurrection, maybe Yogg could be the 'third time's the charm'.
    When it comes to a dragon expac, what about Xal’atath, the now freed sentient being who used to occupy the spriest legendary?Supposedly she’s the most powerful old god, and now that she’s free from the dagger, she’s ready to melt faces.

It's advanced/alien technology. That sort of tech doesn't have gears.
    Oh man, this will age amazingly well. Advanced tech doesn't have gears. Amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

"Magical swooshy armor" is common in titan tech as well.
    Sure, I'd believe the expansion could reasonably involve Titans, since they were the ones who empowered the Aspects and evolved them into what they are. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a new Titan facility in Dragon Isles for that purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

There's this totally unique new character, right? One of the Life Lords. Called.... Blovaal the... Hailer. Turns out he gave Grom Hellscream his axe Gorehowl as part of a long unfolding plan to hrubleblebrlm...
    Your brain fart actually becomes legit if you said he gave Broxigar his Enchanted Wooden Axe as a long unfolding plan to destroy Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    is way too early for them to even be making actual Dragon Isles assets anyway.
    As little as I believe Dragon Isles are a thing, I'll counter with how there were Zandalari and Kul'Tiran slaves (while not models specifically there were specific assets in game prior) in the Naga area in Azsuna to hint towards BFA at the very beginning of Legion and all of Legion's Alpha.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, I'd believe the expansion could reasonably involve Titans, since they were the ones who empowered the Aspects and evolved them into what they are. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a new Titan facility in Dragon Isles for that purpose.
    Even beyond Dragon Isles, if the Jailer has weakened Azeroth into a critical state it's more than likely going to be Titan tech that we use to save it, because it is a titan. I simply don't get this sheer denial that a titan theme would be a major part of an expansion concept that involves dragons and the old gods (if EoD is legit).

10+ Year Old Account
    When it comes to a dragon expac, what about Xal’atath, the now freed sentient being who used to occupy the spriest legendary?Supposedly she’s the most powerful old god, and now that she’s free from the dagger, she’s ready to melt faces.
    I do think we'll see her again, though I'd expect it more as part of some Light v Void based expansion, with her returning on the Void side naturally. Possibly the other Old Gods could return at that point too, we didn't see any Void entities in Shadowlands as 'dead' beings, so slain Void entities may have a similar thing to demons and return to the Void once they are defeated (if they aren't just flat-out annihilated). They are 'outside the cycle' after all.

I am hoping we do see the return of the Titan Keepers in any case, I think Odyn could potentially serve as some kind of antagonist, with his arrogance getting the better of him and setting him against the mortals. I recall that he didn't much like the dragons or the Aspect idea in the first place.

Even beyond Dragon Isles, if the Jailer has weakened Azeroth into a critical state it's more than likely going to be Titan tech that we use to save it, because it is a titan. I simply don't get this sheer denial that a titan theme would be a major part of an expansion concept that involves dragons and the old gods (if EoD is legit).
    ? I just said I believe it, why are you suggesting that I'm in denial? I don't quite understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    ? I just said I believe it, why are you suggesting that I'm in denial? I don't quite understand.
    Not you in particular, I mean in general. You have been one of the few that agree, which is actually refreshing.

- - - Updated - - -

I do think we'll see her again, though I'd expect it more as part of some Light v Void based expansion, with her returning on the Void side naturally. Possibly the other Old Gods could return at that point too, we didn't see any Void entities in Shadowlands as 'dead' beings, so slain Void entities may have a similar thing to demons and return to the Void once they are defeated (if they aren't just flat-out annihilated). They are 'outside the cycle' after all.

I am hoping we do see the return of the Titan Keepers in any case, I think Odyn could potentially serve as some kind of antagonist, with his arrogance getting the better of him and setting him against the mortals. I recall that he didn't much like the dragons or the Aspect idea in the first place.
    See, I think that with Zovaal going after Azeroth and potentially weakening her, I could see Xal'atath making her move and initiating the Hour of Twilight and going for the corruption of the world soul. Like I said in the other thread, we're accustomed to old gods in the background biding their time and slowly influencing others because they were imprisoned by the titans. We've never encountered a completely free Old God running around in humanoid form wrecking havoc and imposing their will.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could happen. Azshara could also make a play, she's out there too.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could happen. Azshara could also make a play, she's out there too.
    Yes she is, and like N'zoth she got shortchanged in BFA too;

Incredible waste of a villain. She should be a headliner.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So far, 2 mounts that resemble the MoP theme (thy know people loved MoP regardless of a handful of people tunnel visioning only pandas. Truth is that most people agree how great pvp and pve were and how fun it was to level up, the areas, etc)
    And then dragons.

Both come together pretty good. I still thing we will have the Dragon Isles expasion and it will be heavily influenced by MoP.

Only if they would do a proper job, only if they would not rush it or cut it short... only if they would dump the systems and give us a classic alike systems experience... only then we could be in for one of the best expansions in WoW. And that easily, they would claim the top again. It´s so... damn... easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes she is, and like N'zoth she got shortchanged in BFA too;

Incredible waste of a villain. She should be a headliner.
    I´m hoping for here to be in 10.0
    It would only make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by kizcrew View Post
    They designed it as part of Mechagon and then realized it's too good to just give it away and decided to release it as a store mount instead.
    oh cmon,in what world is that copy pasted drake model better than all the unique and cool mounts from mechagon?

i know some of the store mounts are cool and all,but the robot drake in no way shape or form is one of them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    oh cmon,in what world is that copy pasted drake model better than all the unique and cool mounts from mechagon?

i know some of the store mounts are cool and all,but the robot drake in no way shape or form is one of them
    Man, that’s definitely an opinion. IMO, the Steamscale in one of the best-looking mounts in the store.

It doesn't appear at all, that's the point. It's the normal arc that you see in all logos, simply in a more streamlined form.
    There are different pointy sides in every expansion logo. This ones has what appears to be arrows.

How is Dragons and Old Gods being related to Titans random?
    No that. That the logo is Titanish and techy.

Because you should have no issue finding them.
    But, you're so much better at it.

It's advanced/alien technology. That sort of tech doesn't have gears.
    Point me to it on the logo and to the advanced\alien tech, please.

The title: "Empire of Dragons" with Void and Titan references in its title; Two opposing forces that have shaped dragons throughout the history of WoW.
    Can i get a reference to the titan part? With pictures please.

Again, those examples are easy enough to find on your own.
    But, you claim it. So, show it.

It's not just that. But, they are aspects of the expansion. And if it is indeed about life, then there are plenty of antagonists. Life, for example, could be a force to be reckon with (as with the Botani). Void is always trying to corrupt it.

Most powerful? She was defeated and consumed by the other ones, and only that dagger was what's left of her.

Because that's a repeat of BfA. I don't deny the Titans involvement, but the healing of Azeroth again.

See, I think that with Zovaal going after Azeroth and potentially weakening her, I could see Xal'atath making her move and initiating the Hour of Twilight and going for the corruption of the world soul. Like I said in the other thread, we're accustomed to old gods in the background biding their time and slowly influencing others because they were imprisoned by the titans. We've never encountered a completely free Old God running around in humanoid form wrecking havoc and imposing their will.
    We just had it with BfA. Do you want to have a repeat of the last expansion so badly?

Man, that’s definitely an opinion. IMO, the Steamscale in one of the best-looking mounts in the store.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    There are different pointy sides in every expansion logo. This ones has what appears to be arrows.
    Once again, you're seeing what you want to see. Arrows make zero sense in the thematics of that logo, and all WoW logos have such points on their edges.

No that. That the logo is Titanish and techy.
    Again, if that's the theme, why wouldn't the logo reflect a Titan thematic?

Point me to it on the logo and to the advanced\alien tech, please.

Can i get a reference to the titan part? With pictures please.
    I've already done that in this thread.

It's not just that. But, they are aspects of the expansion. And if it is indeed about life, then there are plenty of antagonists. Life, for example, could be a force to be reckon with (as with the Botani). Void is always trying to corrupt it.
    Again, who are these antagonists, and why is "life" an adversary? What's the goal in defeating "life"? Also how does the sun and the moon come into play? Are we going to be fighting the sun or the moon here?

Do I need to also explain how absolutely silly it would be to have a "life" expansion after a "death" expansion when the community wants a more traditional WoW expansion with traditional enemies instead of cosmic forces?

Most powerful? She was defeated and consumed by the other ones, and only that dagger was what's left of her.
    Typically you join forces to take down a more powerful foe because you can't beat them one on one. All the old gods ganging up on her would indicate that she is the most powerful, because it took their combined might to take her down.

Because that's a repeat of BfA. I don't deny the Titans involvement, but the healing of Azeroth again.
    Not really. In BFA we went around collecting Azerite to heal the titan. This time the Titan could be critically wounded/weakened and we simply have to protect it from a new, more powerful dragonflight attempting to initiate the hour of twilight.

We just had it with BfA. Do you want to have a repeat of the last expansion so badly?
    We didn't fight an army of evil dragons in BFA.