Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Oops. Can't complain about mocking/ridiculing while also then going on to try and do the same lol You definitely fit the bill of who I'd expect to follow Peterson.

Also, 14k over 11 years lol Meanwhile, you have to create this account to try and push shit like Jordan Peterson. You have my pity.
    Curious, what do you not like about Jordan Peterson anyways ?

I assume you don't like Joe Rogan either ? He's been invited on his show so many times.
    Last edited by Rob4453; 2022-01-21 at 08:33 PM.

If only Blizzard was half as concerned with making a great product as they are about filling out a checklist of races and genders, then we might actually get a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Neither were CEOs. Even Brack wasn't CEO. Blizzard hasn't had one since Morhaime left.
    "Co-Leader of Blizzard"

CEO definition: "a chief executive officer, the highest-ranking person in a company or other institution, ultimately responsible for making managerial decisions."

Co-Leaders were the highest-ranking persons at Blizzard Entertainment. They reported to their parent company Activision, but for Blizzard itself they were a CEO in all but name.

10+ Year Old Account
    If people can't act decent for the 8-12 hours they're at a work then get rid of them. Problem solved. No hand holding, no extra HR, no babysitting. Why tolerate problems? That's what breeds contention and mayhem in a morale/goal focused places, like work.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    "Co-Leader of Blizzard"

CEO definition: "a chief executive officer, the highest-ranking person in a company or other institution, ultimately responsible for making managerial decisions."

Co-Leaders were the highest-ranking persons at Blizzard Entertainment. They reported to their parent company Activision, but for Blizzard itself they were a CEO in all but name.
    LOL.
    Oh, gotta love people who when proven wrong just dig the hole even deeper. Never change, online forums. Never change.

p.s.- They weren't CEOs and neither was Brack.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob4453 View Post
    Curious, what do you not like about Jordan Peterson anyways ?

I assume you don't like Joe Rogan either ? He's been invited on his show so many times.
    You think you are going to get an actual answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    LOL.
    Oh, gotta love people who when proven wrong just dig the hole even deeper. Never change, online forums. Never change.

p.s.- They weren't CEOs and neither was Brack.
    You are arguing over semantics. Mike Ybarra is the "Head of Blizzard Entertainment" according to his linkedin page. Head of a company.... hm.... sure sounds like a CEO. It's literally just a different name being used for PR.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2022-01-21 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The IP's are the thing here although I would pre-order a 21st century updating of HeXen the day it was available. I spent more time in that game than Doom by a long ways back in the day.
    I'm actually surprised HeXen was not already Microsofts when they did the Bethesda acquisition. Considering Id made the first game (well published, Raven developed it) and was part of the heretic series. I guess the Id being bought by Zenimax moved the rights over to activision.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    You are arguing over semantics. Mike Ybarra is the "Head of Blizzard Entertainment" according to his linkedin page. Head of a company.... hm.... sure sounds like a CEO. It's literally just a different name being used for PR.
    With Mr. Brack’s departure, Mr. Kotick also has an opportunity to cement control over Blizzard. For years after the merger with Activision, Blizzard had its own chief executive, Mike Morhaime. When Mr. Brack succeeded Mr. Morhaime as the head of Blizzard in 2018, he had the title of president but not chief executive. Now neither Ms. Oneal or Mr. Ybarra will get the title of president.

“It’s another attempt to try to get ahead of this wave of negative news,” Doug Creutz, the senior video game analyst at Cowen, said of the leadership changes. “I think it’s certainly the case that Activision corporate intends to exert more oversight over Blizzard than they have in the past.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

No more stolen breastmilk! Everyone go crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You mean other the fact he's a piece of shit full of bullshit, and the origin of nonsense like "our universities are indoctrinating kids to the left!"?

And Jesus wept, why on earth would I like someone as dangerous as Joe Rogan, who thinks he can give out medical advice, even when faced with how wrong he is about things?

Sounds like you heard someone say something about someone that heard so-and-so said their aunt said that Joe Rogan gives medical advice... Which is false...

Also, Jordan Peterson has some interesting points. Expand your mind outside of your bubble. Universities do indoctrinate their ideologies into who they teach. That's what mentors do- teach you everything they know
    Last edited by Aedruid; 2022-01-22 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedruid View Post
    Sounds like you heard someone say something about someone that heard so-and-so said their aunt said that Joe Rogan gives medical advice... Which is false...

Also, Jordan Peterson has some interesting points. Expand your mind outside of your bubble. Universities do indoctrinate their ideologies into who they teach. That's what mentors do- teach you everything they know
    How are you missing the irony of telling someone else that they're wrong for listening to people because it's indoctrination, because that's what you were told by someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    How are you missing the irony of telling someone else that they're wrong for listening to people because it's indoctrination, because that's what you were told by someone?
    Idk, probably because I directly heard it from the source; as opposed to, hearing it from a news outlet trying to generate clicks or from 2nd to 3rd hand sources. Which means it's not ironic--- since it's not the same.

The top priority should be to make games.

Blizzard was already not doing great on that front - and these past few years its gone straight to the gutter with all this cleancing they are doing.

I'm not saying dont get rid of toxic people. I'm saying that goes without saying - but your focus should be on making some fucking games.

The goodwill towards blizzard and gameplay first and all that is completely gone now. You have to show off something truly great looking to get people interested again.

Cleaning up a few ingame pictures and removing some dick dojes is going to get exactly 3 karens playing your games for 2 days and thats it. If thats what you want - fine. If you want some glory back - this is the wrong direction.

I don't care for all the DIE bullshit. Diversity hires are not conducive of a quality product.

Just make better games and shut up. Let the product do the talking. These are empty shareholder-appeasement words

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    That's not how workplace diversity works. If the best in the field happen to be of varying protected classes, cool. If the best aren't, your choices are don't have the best or face discrimination suits.
    That's why US lost to China. I really hoped that NetEase would buy Blizzard, unfortunately it did not happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Its cool they want to hire more black lesbian crippled midgets but their games are terrible and they didnt say they would make them better. You know - the reason for the company to even exist in the first place

Now, that's what I call a bad comment.

I dont get why all people bitching about this PR statement but nobody talks about the announcements next week.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry11782 View Post
    My concern is the games. Yes i want them to have a safe work space but my concern is the games. Why was none of this focused on Making better games. Why was none of this focused on Making better games.
    Because different things are important to different people. And to a lot of people, myself included, it is important that money we spent goes to ethical organisations. Thus it is important that they address this issue.

Just because not everything they say speaks to the issues that are important to you doesn't mean those issues are of any less importance. I think you need to try be a little more mature about this.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Jordan Peterson has some interesting points.
    The best lies always have an element of truth. A brilliant line from my favourite tv show fits perfectly here: "Peterson isn’t all wrong. He is evil and he is cruel, but he taps into something real"

Expand your mind outside of your bubble. Universities do indoctrinate their ideologies into who they teach.
    This mindset is exactly why the world is in such a fucking state of disaster at the moment. I don't know why, but a lot of people these days seem to feel massively threatened by those who are better educated than them. And honestly, that attitude comes from a place of ignorance. The fact that someone has an education should be a reason to listen to that person, but instead it has become a reason to mistrust them.

As said above, the best lies always have an element of truth. And the element of truth here is that universities do indoctrinate ideologies into what they teach. Ironically though, those ideologies are things like critical thinking, informed decision making, open-mindedness. Exactly what is lacking in the typical right-thinking masses who are rejecting them.

In short, if you actually want to expand your mind, go to university. You won't be brainwashed. Quite the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    SNIP.
    I've yet to see anyone argue convincingly against him.

Either that means he is way smarter then everyone else - or he is just right in most of what he says.

Its so easy to say "he is wrong - he is evil - he is bad" without actually arguing anything. It does make the person saying it dumb as rice though.

I'm all for people wanting to support ethical companies and whatnot, they forget that all the other game companies are just as bad, if not worse, they are just better at hiding it.