Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Honestly I'm just shocked that they are bold enough to delay OW2 and D4 then turn around and say "HEY GUYS, We're making a new game!" Not as odd given the recent MS purchase news. Maybe it releaved some of the financial constraints of the studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    Most games are late to their genre, does that means those games should be cancelled?
    Plus, Blizzard has *never* invented genres. Ever. It enters categories and seeks to dominate the market with game quality and style.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethule View Post
    Honestly I'm just shocked that they are bold enough to delay OW2 and D4 then turn around and say "HEY GUYS, We're making a new game!" Not as odd given the recent MS purchase news. Maybe it releaved some of the financial constraints of the studio.
    Go one further: sounded like blizzard was saying hey WC3 refunded sucked, almost unplayabled at launch, shadowlands is awful, d2 rem launch was a hot rubberbanding mess, ow2 delayed and d4, WE BLAME COVID. But dont worry we got this new survival game coming! plz apply here cuz we have no peoples to actually make it.

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF is a survival game anyways? Minecraft? Fortnight? Rust? So many games say they are survival games, but at this point that doesn't narrow it down much. IM hoping it has a single player story mode too, and is not just a fortnight rip off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    WTF is a survival game anyways? Minecraft? Fortnight? Rust? So many games say they are survival games, but at this point that doesn't narrow it down much. IM hoping it has a single player story mode too, and is not just a fortnight rip off.
    I would say the only real defining traits of a survival game are limited resources and having to actively manage your character's health.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    ehm. MMO's?
    Most of the world has atleast heard of World of Warcraft in passing. Something completely unimaginable for an MMO prior to WoW.
    not strictly true,everquest and eq2 had over a million players before wow and at that time gaming was no where near as big as it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bloated genre getting another entry...meh.

If it were a new survival game set in the Starcraft universe I might be interested, but a new IP in an already bloated game genre? It'll remain low on my interest list.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Oh yeah. How innovative. What will be their next big thing? Battle Royale?

Please, Blizzard.
    im still shocked they didnt try it with overwatch

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Something can be successful and still be niche. EVE online says hello.
    When C&C was released it was one of the best selling PC games of ANY genre and spawned one of the most successful franchises of all time.

This is what we call mainstream. The entire genre is now considered niche, this was not the case in 1995. They had the cutscenes, the full on cd soundtrack, it was quite the trail blazer and a spectacle for more than just the gameplay which gave it massive popularity at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    The opposite for me.
    Word!
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like to think this is the new owner doing a flex on the newly acquired game studio: "One-up Minecraft or get absorbed and forgotten in time"
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope this survival game they are making is gonna be kind alike 7 days to die that'd be cool either ways as long as its good i will play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Oh, and heads up, the image MMOC is using as the header for this just seems to be a generic "come work on Blizzard games" image.

This is the actual recruitment image for the new game:
    Quite possible they're both from the game. The banner image appears to be normal world people finding a portal to a fantasy world, which would be a pretty ideal setup for a survival game. Get stuck in fantasy world and try to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Generally:

Rust, Ark, the Forest. Minecraft, Terraria, Don't Starve and Tarkov are more niche examples.

Like with most Blizzard products I imagine they will take a bunch of the genre fundamentals and then mix things up with some alternate approaches.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2022-01-26 at 02:43 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd almost put money on this being the new overwatch: A bland game that tries nothing new but it'll sell well because it's blizzard's new IP that's definitely not going to sputter and die slowly.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

7+ Year Old Account
    ...lol. I guess Blizzard is up to 2014 now. I expect it will be a glorified mobile "game" with no originality, no passion, and pay to win everything.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2022-01-26 at 03:07 AM.

Coming up with pre-orders, Q3 of 2031! Or...Goes the way of Titan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Quite possible they're both from the game. The banner image appears to be normal world people finding a portal to a fantasy world, which would be a pretty ideal setup for a survival game. Get stuck in fantasy world and try to survive.
    I think that's just supposed to represent Blizzard employees "discovering" a new fantasy world, but sure, maybe it's some isekai stuff going on.

would love it to be dark and mature themed but I'm guessing it will be toned down.

The goal is to survive long enough to play Diablo IV or immortal

Bark! Worgen Evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    So I guess this is what most of the remaining Heroes devs have transferred to over the past 12 months.
    Heroes of the Survival
    …dead on arrival…
    They are so late to joining the survival bandwagon, just like HotS for MOBAs; they should keep the acronym for this game; we know what to expect.