10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    It was roughly 18 hours after method, can't seem to find the exact time Skyline killed Jailer probably because of the API restrictions.

Dunno what the time difference of the resets between EU and CN fall within that 18 hours.
    Ah then no. I believe it's a 16 hour difference again. 8am EU server time is 3pm Beijing. Their servers reset at 7am the next day.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

do you guys feel like max is obligated to turn on stream, or obligated to say that hes burnt out and doesn't want to stream? lmao cringe

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    do you guys feel like max is obligated to turn on stream, or obligated to say that hes burnt out and doesn't want to stream? lmao cringe
    No he's not.

But we're also not obligated to just accept anything without commenting on it, either. That's how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Wonder how many sponsors will jump ship or look elsewhere. Sponsoring the 'world 4th guild' (at best , assuming they kill it next) doesnt quite have the same ring to it. Echo I think overall was already getting more viewer minutes combined for this race, which is surely to be shifted even further in their favour next race.
    Zero. The answer is zero. The sponsors do not care about the reputation of the guild, they care about what the organization gets from them. And in this case they got nearly a month of 16-hour plus streams with extremely high engagement and very long watch times. Even taking the L in this race, it's been extremely beneficial for both the org and its sponsors. At the end of the day, too, Liquid still represents the only NA organization worth watching so the fanbase is still guaranteed to be there next Tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    No he's not.

But we're also not obligated to just accept anything without commenting on it, either. That's how it works.
    i mean you're not wrong its just the commentary is very cringe

No he's not.

And inventing a conspiracy where he's scared of all the mean WoW players saying mean things to him is perfectly reasonable? Okay. Cool. You do you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    I think people would rather just hear honesty and transparency rather than a bunch of excuses if he's going to say anything at all. Maybe it'll be a learning experience for him to maybe not talk so much smack next time.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by L3fty View Post
    They are literally the only other team tipped to 'beat' Echo/old Method for the last 3+ years.
    They did.. But in Nyalotha they got a huge advantage bc of the 21st man raiding (which is the meta now) and in CN they had to compete against the very Fresh reformed Echo. As soon as Echo found their vibe again they got crushed hard.

And now you have max who claims the players have mental breakdown bcs they cannot play from behind.. Like what?

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    And inventing a conspiracy where he's scared of all the mean WoW players saying mean things to him is perfectly reasonable? Okay. Cool. You do you.
    Why thank you for giving me permission to do me. I am thrilled to have the forum overlord's blessing in expressing my opinions.

Why thank you for giving me permission to do me. I am thrilled to have the forum overlord's blessing in expressing my opinions.
    We're all entitled our opinions but at least some of us don't have to rely on inventing alternate realities to justify our distaste. I don't like the guy either but this idea that he's hiding from people because he's afraid of them is hilariously overwrought.

We're all entitled our opinions
    I guess your opinions are just more valid than other people's, eh?

Well I'm glad we have you to police things around here, or we'd all fall to pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Absolutely false. If you make the claim that the earth is round against someone who believes the earth is flat: it's absolutely not your burden just because you made a claim in the course of a discussion.

The burden of proof rests on those who make an extraordinary claim; the top 10 or 20 is just obscenely skilled; claiming they are way behind the 1st is what has a burden of proof.
    Proof: the 1st killed Hard bosses much faster and with worse gear. Gg wp. But guess we can drop the discussion now since 20 people have objectively proven you wrong by now.

Also nice job comparing this discussion to flat earth discussion, takes some imagination to think its a great comparation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Liquid made a bunch of players from different games/professions co-owner, they probably don't own much but it's fair to assume it's more than "0,1-0,0001%" lol. Max's stream was relatively valuable before Liquid already anyways because of the previous races giving him a decent audience.
    Hard to say so we are just guessing here. I have no idea how much the stream of Max is worth, and how much Liquid benefits from his stream. 0,1 % already means 300k$ investment for that share of the company, so I dont think its that impossible.
    Last edited by facefist; 2022-03-30 at 03:08 PM.

I guess your opinions are just more valid than other people's, eh?

Well I'm glad we have you to police things around here, or we'd all fall to pieces.
    Hey, at least I'm able to quote an entire post to make my points as well. :^)

Hey, at least I'm able to quote an entire post to make my points as well. :^)
    Ah yes, nothing says "point made" like "that's just like, your opinion, man. but here let me tell you how it REALLY is"

Ah yes, nothing says "point made" like "that's just like, your opinion, man. but here let me tell you how it REALLY is"
    I'm telling you that conspiracy theories are bad and make you look ridiculous. If that makes you uncomfortable maybe don't propagate conspiracy theories? Just a thought my guy.

I'm telling you that conspiracy theories are bad and make you look ridiculous. If that makes you uncomfortable maybe don't propagate conspiracy theories? Just a thought my guy.
    Wait, I thought you were using "conspiracy theory" ironically? You ACTUALLY think this would be a conspiracy theory? Do you... do you not know what that term means?

Damn. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to punch down.

Wait, I thought you were using "conspiracy theory" ironically? You ACTUALLY think this would be a conspiracy theory? Do you... do you not know what that term means?

Damn. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to punch down.
    Do you? Because we have a stated, perfectly reasonable, entirely logical reason for the guy not streaming and instead of accepting that at face value you're inventing an ulterior motive to justify your already negative perception of the dude. This is conspiratorial thinking and the kind of stuff that Q-Anon uses to manipulate people into believing all sorts of fringe nonsense.

Do you? Because we have a stated, perfectly reasonable, entirely logical reason for the guy not streaming and instead of accepting that at face value you're inventing an ulterior motive to justify your already negative perception of the dude. This is conspiratorial thinking and the kind of stuff that Q-Anon uses to manipulate people into believing all sorts of fringe nonsense.
    Yeeeaaaah.... not really. It's entirely plausible that he does not want to stream and is using a crappy excuse given the circumstances over the last few days. Equating it to a Q conspiracy is nonsense.

Sponsors will care if next RTWF only 100 people tune in to watch the Liquid stream. The actual place they get isn't relevant. The sponsors just want exposure. That is what they are paying for.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Doobich View Post
    Yeeeaaaah.... not really. It's entirely plausible that he does not want to stream and is using a crappy excuse given the circumstances over the last few days. Equating it to a Q conspiracy is nonsense.
    I think his excuse is bullshit too, and yea it's much much easier to blame it on something silly like a mixer instead of saying he doesn't feel like reading all the trolls for a few days.

At the same time, I swear he said the new mixer was coming today so he also put a timeline on when he would be streaming again, no?