Quote Originally Posted by Nraktja View Post
    Here, have the tweet again;

https://twitter.com/maximum/status/1504999757533564928

He's implying they're the superior guild and the boss needs to get hp nerf by 10% or 15% before it becomes killable, saying all they do is beta test bosses for EU and this is 4th time in a row, and got bitchslapped when Echo downed LoD changing their composition. Admits they made a sloppy play but doesn't admit they thought it needed a nerf. Which is why they stopped progressing or trying out any new ideas (like Echo *cough*) and went to Rygelon and shown that Enrage timer doesn't mean shit and you shouldn't QQ on twitter when you come across an obstacle when you don't know how other guilds might handle said particular boss. White knight Max more.

Oh, and I'm female.
    bro who cares you are cringe. they're nearly at day 14 of being locked in a venue playing world of warcraft for 16 hours per day. they've traded sleep for more time doing splits. thd has only eaten pizza every single day. nobody in either guild is going to be acting at their "best". if it were day 1, maybe you could take some kind of context from that tweet, but the amount of pressure facing both guilds, especially for officers or people making decisions, is immense.

you act as if people leading these guilds are supposed to be paragons of human behavior. they're world of warcraft players and are just as prone to mistakes as every other person on the planet, especially under these circumstances. you can bet that gingi wouldn't have called limit cheaters on day 1 as well. the stress gets to people. the lack of sleep gets to people. being a public facing figure is not easy.

it's just a video game. the importance of a world first race is zero. you are only finding outrage here because you want to. be grateful that you have the privilege of being upset at something that is this minor. touch grass
    Last edited by Jdance; 2022-03-20 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    While I agree that Max behaves like a whiny bitch sometimes (basically when Liquid isn't winning), at no point he implies that Liquid is the superior team. And he's right: whoever is in the driver's seat is a beta tester for Blizzard given the fast and significant nerfs.
    I don't think I'm misreading anything when the tweet says verbatim "this raid is actually just run into overtuned boss just for us to test it and get it fixed for everyone else simulator"

They were the only guild at this point who had any considerable pulls on LoD. He thinks their calculations are right and this overturned boss needed fixing for others. I'd understand if he made that tweet after any other guild (Echo let's be fair) had some pulls that showed their calculations were correct. Nope, we tested this boss, it's overturned because we say so, fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    bro who cares you are cringe. they're nearly at day 14 of being locked in a venue playing world of warcraft for 16 hours per day. they've traded sleep for more time doing splits. thd has only eaten pizza every single day. nobody in either guild is going to be acting at their "best". if it were day 1, maybe you could take some kind of context from that tweet, but the amount of pressure facing both guilds, especially for officers or people making decisions, is immense.
    I wouldn't have brought the topic back up again if he didn't say I was a "raging neckbeard" lol. The guy who has a hero worship for someone enough to insult someone else deserves a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    it's just a video game. the importance of a world first race is zero. you are only finding outrage here because you want to. be grateful that you have the privilege of being upset at something that is this minor. touch grass
    Are people so defensive over a guy who made a condescending tweet towards other guilds because he wasn't clever enough to come up with a creative solution? So be it.
    Last edited by Nraktja; 2022-03-20 at 06:50 PM.

Although the HP wasn't nerfed, LoD did have some fixes.

Echo discussing Vantus Runes during their break.

I don't think I'm misreading anything when the tweet says verbatim "this raid is actually just run into overtuned boss just for us to test it and get it fixed for everyone else simulator"

They were the only guild at this point who had any considerable pulls on LoD. He thinks their calculations are right and this overturned boss needed fixing for others. I'd understand if he made that tweet after any other guild (Echo let's be fair) had some pulls that showed their calculations were correct. Nope, we tested this boss, it's overturned because we say so, fix it.
    His subsequent tweet: https://twitter.com/maximum/status/1...C9-fqg7-IpAAAA
    And even if he's salty, his first statement is completely true. It must be incredibly furstrating to bash your head against a wall and realize that your progress is partly worthless because you didn't progress on the same version of the boss than the other guilds.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2022-03-20 at 06:51 PM.

Good lord, you’re really, REALLY trying to read into that tweet to find something that isn’t there. At this point, you may want to step away from your computer and take a break from this WF stuff.

His subsequent tweet: https://twitter.com/maximum/status/1...C9-fqg7-IpAAAA
    And even if he's salty, his first statement is completely true.
    Well, that goes back to the legitimacy of the race event argument again. They are the ones who run into bugs first usually because they start first. So he shouldn't be so quick to talk about overtuned bosses when others haven't had the chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Good lord, you’re really, REALLY trying to read into that tweet to find something that isn’t there. At this point, you may want to step away from your computer and take a break from this WF stuff.
    Yup, can't explain how I'm reading it wrong, proceeds to make it personal. MMO-champ alright. I'm fine, thank you. Others who try to insult me or make it personal seem to be not, however.

Well, that goes back to the legitimacy of the race event argument again. They are the ones who run into bugs first usually because they start first. So he shouldn't be so quick to talk about overtuned bosses when others haven't had the chance.
    But... the bosses are overtuned if Halondrus and Anduin receive a 10% hp nerf and they are the guild who made the most progress on the non nerfed versions. If the bosses weren't overtuned Blizzard wouldn't be so quick to nerf them. What's the point of having a lead in a race is the race is made easier for the people behind you?
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2022-03-20 at 06:58 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    its kinda sad how Max complains so much on twitter yet on his streams he always says, that the advantage doesnt matter in the long run. Make up your mind and stick with it.

Liquid is pretty much burned out at this point and all they have left is the salt they throw at anything they (suddenly) deem unfair.

But... the bosses are overtuned if Halondrus and Anduin receive a 10% hp nerf and they are the guild who made the most progress on the non nerfed versions.
    Yet Echo spent slightly more time on the pre-nerf version of Holondrus than Liquid because the time of the nerf favored Liquid hitting after their splits while echo had a whole day of splits and pulls on the boss already done and their day was about to be over.

the real outrage is if guilds decide to do splits week 3

But... the bosses are overtuned if Halondrus and Anduin receive a 10% hp nerf and they are the guild who made the most progress on the non nerfed versions. If the bosses weren't overtuned Blizzard wouldn't be so quick to nerf them.
    I have no objections to the previous ones. But on that tweet, he used these examples to give more legitimacy to the idea that LoD was the same and would need nerf. It turned out he was wrong. Said he never claimed it wasn't doable.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    But... the bosses are overtuned if Halondrus and Anduin receive a 10% hp nerf and they are the guild who made the most progress on the non nerfed versions. If the bosses weren't overtuned Blizzard wouldn't be so quick to nerf them. What's the point of having a lead in a race is the race is made easier for the people behind you?
    Its funny cause Max can be quoted to saying that they would do and enioy the same thing if the positions were reversed. Guess its only an issue if they "suffer" from it, otherwise it would be fair play.

This thread was going well, but really has de-railed in the last hour or so.

You guys need to chill and get off twitter.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both guilds progressed on these boss pre nerf and changes only happened after hundreds of combined pulls. Meanwhile, LoD was 30, if that, from a single guild. Few hours worth of pulls versus multiple days. The scale is a "bit" off.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is a reason that salt is named after a specific region (NA -> North America)

Quote Originally Posted by Ochinko View Post
    Its funny cause Max can be quoted to saying that they would do and enioy the same thing if the positions were reversed. Guess its only an issue if they "suffer" from it, otherwise it would be fair play.
    It's a shitty situation for whoever is in the lead, whether it's Liquid or Echo. It doesn't mean his argument isn't valid nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Both guilds progressed on these boss pre nerf and changes only happened after hundreds of combined pulls. Meanwhile, LoD was 30, if that, from a single guild. Few hours worth of pulls versus multiple days. The scale is a "bit" off.
    Correct me if my memory is fuzzy, but didn't Blizzard nerf Halondrus and Anduin at a time when Liquid went deeper on the fights than Echo?

Vantus Runes are in for Echo!

15+ Year Old Account
    Here, have the tweet again;

https://twitter.com/maximum/status/1504999757533564928

He's implying they're the superior guild and the boss needs to get hp nerf by 10% or 15% before it becomes killable, saying all they do is beta test bosses for EU and this is 4th time in a row, and got bitchslapped when Echo downed LoD changing their composition. Admits they made a sloppy play but doesn't admit they thought it needed a nerf. Which is why they stopped progressing or trying out any new ideas (like Echo *cough*) and went to Rygelon and shown that enrage timer doesn't mean shit and you shouldn't QQ on twitter when you come across an obstacle when you don't know how other guilds might handle said particular boss. White knight Max more.

Oh, and I'm female.
    Female neckbeards are legbeards

there will never be a good time for blizzard to nerf bosses unless both guilds are in the same time zone.

Will be interesting to see if they fix Anduin and if he could be a blocker, but the gear boost will be too large probably in week 3.