Thread: Roll the Bones

Roll the Bones

I really hate this ability with a burning passion, and hate the fact it's baseline in 10.2. I want to have the option to not have an RNG change to my rotation throughout the fight. If you're worried about the class being overly simplified without the extra button, give me a choice node that swaps Roll the Bones for some other similar duration maintenance buff instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues already have maintenance buffs though. Slice and Dice is a near pointless buff that you HAVE to maintain in order to do DPS, RtB atleast has unique measures to it, and costs nothing to spend for it. If there were any buff to get rid of, it'd be S&D, IMO

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    Rogues already have maintenance buffs though.
    I like SnD better than RtB. I don't like that my rotation changes based on the RNG pop-ups that I have to have a weak aura to track. Just give me the option to not have to deal with it, options are the entire point of this talent redesign they've done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot352 View Post
    I like SnD better than RtB. I don't like that my rotation changes based on the RNG pop-ups that I have to have a weak aura to track. Just give me the option to not have to deal with it, options are the entire point of this talent redesign they've done.
    RtB's design is infinitely better both then SnD, and it's original itteration.

In past design, RtB was just SnD, but RnG buffs, meaning it was a 5 combo point spender, which led into a scenario where you just kept rerolling until you got something good, which was poor design, so they made it a CD now.

Having it as a CD is pretty great for alot of reasons, where as, atleast for Outlaw, SnD doesn't do anything fun or ideal.

To put your thoughts into design though, what I'd do is make an option where you can either increase the odds of a combination for RtB, or merge RtB and SnD into the same thing, but on a CD, without combo points, where it gives you Haste and E. Regen, and a buff between Crit, Combo point generation, or CD reduction

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    To put your thoughts into design though, what I'd do is make an option where you can either increase the odds of a combination for RtB, or merge RtB and SnD into the same thing, but on a CD, without combo points, where it gives you Haste and E. Regen, and a buff between Crit, Combo point generation, or CD reduction
    Something like this is very similar to what I'd be looking for. I'd want a talent option along the lines of "Improved Slice and Dice: While Slice and Dice is active you gain X% of Y stat." Then have every talent that buffs RtB increase the percentage bonus you gain in some way. No RNG, no extra CD to track. You just keep your SnD up and play the game. Which stat and what percentage are things that I can't say, but the idea is that they'd keep you doing comparable damage to RtB if you get average luck and interact with the buffs it gives well, so that it's a choice for players who don't want to have to deal with RtB.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFromMarketing View Post
    And let me choose between Slice and Dice OR Roll the Bones.
    Exactly this.

Agreed. I actually liked the outlaw build I came up with for this expansion, completely opting out of roll the bones and mixing with shadow dance and dread blades to buff up ambush. Now dread blades is pretty much suicidal, literally with the current killing spree bug, and roll is baseline. I too hate roll with a passion, slice and dice is bad enough, I wish it would go too, but between the two at least slice is consistent.

I miss combat rogue

I don't know which developer thought feast-or-famine gameplay was a good idea, but yeah. Roll the Bones. I like the theming. I don't like the randomness.

If the randomness changed the way we played slightly for the duration, that would be one thing... but not every RtB buff does that.

Probably the best compromise would be RtB granting a flat +damage buff that simply had a random appearance/effect to it depending on the roll. It would eliminate a lot of the supporting talents that try to counteract the RNG aspect and free up room for actual fun talents.

I feel like we're getting to the point where it's going to be a flat damage increase, instead of the rng fest. Kind of like Astrologian's cards in FF14, they each used to have an effect, now they just give damage increases.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    I don't know which developer thought feast-or-famine gameplay was a good idea, but yeah. Roll the Bones. I like the theming. I don't like the randomness.

If the randomness changed the way we played slightly for the duration, that would be one thing... but not every RtB buff does that.

Probably the best compromise would be RtB granting a flat +damage buff that simply had a random appearance/effect to it depending on the roll. It would eliminate a lot of the supporting talents that try to counteract the RNG aspect and free up room for actual fun talents.
    Changing the randomness would be very very easy. RtB baseline grants 2 buffs, used after AR gives 3. And/or remove KiR as capstone, make it baseline. 2 mins CD (maybe unaffected by CD reduction) grants you all RtB buffs for 30 secs.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot352 View Post
    I really hate this ability with a burning passion, and hate the fact it's baseline in 10.2. I want to have the option to not have an RNG change to my rotation throughout the fight. If you're worried about the class being overly simplified without the extra button, give me a choice node that swaps Roll the Bones for some other similar duration maintenance buff instead.
    I hate what you people have done to rogues.

I hate that outlaw from legion doesn't exist anymore. That we're pandering to people who can't handle an RNG. That the class being spikey low or high was too much for some people and not topping every parse was an affront to them personally.

This game removes any semblance of fun and interesting, because people bitch. And I fucking hate it. Just let me have a fun class for a change.

RIP Legion Outlaw and fuck the rogues who can't handle RNG