Page 2 of 142 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Receiver market has been crazy for awhile.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Wasn't the NVP this year the QB of the losing team?
    Pretty sure Trubisky got his NVP in a losing effort too.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Apparently the Saints are in on Watson, no idea how since his 2022 cap number is huge.
    They can redo a lot of other contracts to get them under the cap for the initial hit, extend his contract and spread money out for years and then do more deals after it. Also they could trade some players along with draft picks I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Trubisky can be a starting quarterback, just needs the right system. he was on the Bears. That's like a black hole for QB talent.

Receiver market has been crazy for awhile.
    Kirk being the third highest paid is far more then crazy. The Golloday deal looks bad in hindsight but at least there was a period where he was fairly highly regarded and had at least 1 really good season. Kirk has shown he can be a below average WR2 maybe a decent WR3 on a team. That can't equal third highest paid WR. Heck Mike Williams signed for 20 a year a few days prior and has shown far far far more then Kirk has.

With Adams demanding a contract, Hill looking to get an extension, Bills talking about Diggs getting one as well means we are easily gonna see some 25-30M+ contracts signed fairly soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    4 year $84 mill for Christian Kirk is insane. He has the same number of TDs and barely more yards the last 2 years than Tim Patrick...
    Who did the Jags think they were bidding against? That is absolutely the worst contract so far, but the day is still young.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, JC Jackson signed with the Chargers, for a bag, as expected, but... It's not quite the bag that he and the rest of us were counting on. He's only averaging about 18M a year. We expected 20 or even more. At that number I would have probably not minded having him on the team still.

That does mean that maybe the corner market is depressed a little and that deals can be had. Looking forward to the Patriots getting talent at a better price elsewhere.

Must be no market for Bridgewater to be a starter, signed a deal to be a backup in Miami.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Must be no market for Bridgewater to be a starter, signed a deal to be a backup in Miami.
    He flamed out in Carolina and Denver, no surprise to me he's signing a backup deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Kirk being the third highest paid is far more then crazy. The Golloday deal looks bad in hindsight but at least there was a period where he was fairly highly regarded and had at least 1 really good season. Kirk has shown he can be a below average WR2 maybe a decent WR3 on a team. That can't equal third highest paid WR. Heck Mike Williams signed for 20 a year a few days prior and has shown far far far more then Kirk has.

With Adams demanding a contract, Hill looking to get an extension, Bills talking about Diggs getting one as well means we are easily gonna see some 25-30M+ contracts signed fairly soon.
    Honestly if Adams wants a top of the market deal I think the Packers have to do a sign and trade with him. No chance they can do enough cap gymnastics to fit a 30M+ Adams and a 50M+ Rodgers on that salary cap.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Chargers are finally going for it on Herbert's rookie deal.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Chargers are finally going for it on Herbert's rookie deal.
    Probably a year too late, but better late than never. Last year's team was already close and were literally 1 game away from being in the playoffs. Going to guess that 1 game loss against the Raiders might have shaken up their priorities to not waste further chances.

So, NG, it's your fault the Patriots lost their top corner.

10+ Year Old Account
    No surprise but the Texans denied the Colts request to talk to Watson.

I'd expect to see Jimmy G to the Colts tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    No surprise but the Texans denied the Colts request to talk to Watson.

I'd expect to see Jimmy G to the Colts tomorrow.
    Rumor has it that the Colts want a QB that can be there for spring camps and throwing though, and Jimmy won;t be ready till MAYBE training camp.

They are in a pickle.

It will be quite amazing that these Colts might go from VERY respected when they got Ballard and Reich to maybe cleaning house cause they haven't been effective, in the near future.

Ballard had Luck when he started, lost him and hasn;t been able to solve the issue since then and Reich has done okay with what he had, but has a few MAJOR let down stretches on his Colts reportoire now, including missing the playoffs last year.

They are not on the hot seat yet, but if they fail to get a QB again and miss the Playoffs, again, things might start heating up very seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I guess the Cowboys are going for a WR early? Probably not a good idea, since I'd say secondary and OL are more important. But with Ceedee and Gallup all that's left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Rumor has it that the Colts want a QB that can be there for spring camps and throwing though, and Jimmy won;t be ready till MAYBE training camp.

They are in a pickle.

It will be quite amazing that these Colts might go from VERY respected when they got Ballard and Reich to maybe cleaning house cause they haven't been effective, in the near future.

Ballard had Luck when he started, lost him and hasn;t been able to solve the issue since then and Reich has done okay with what he had, but has a few MAJOR let down stretches on his Colts reportoire now, including missing the playoffs last year.

They are not on the hot seat yet, but if they fail to get a QB again and miss the Playoffs, again, things might start heating up very seriously.
    The Colts don't get talked about in the same way the Broncos do, even though the Colts have had the exact same problem for almost as long, Panthers too are in that boat but they've been at it only like 3 years now.

And part of why the Colts don't get talked about like that is they've been actually good at building up the rest of that roster. Unlike the Broncos who seemed perpetually floundering and only willed to 7-9 type records by Von Miller the Colts always felt like a team that "if they could just land a QB that wouldn't retire on them after one year they'd be a contender."

Colts probably need a house clearing if they don't get the QB position right again, but I would not be surprised if we see Ballard and Reich resurface elsewhere in a year or two.

Congrats to Mitch on a new start in Pittsburgh. This will probably be a better setting for him than Chicago.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

So, NG, it's your fault the Patriots lost their top corner.
    I mean if he didn't end up in LA he'd likely be Vegas bound.

So it was always going to be my fault
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Honestly if Adams wants a top of the market deal I think the Packers have to do a sign and trade with him. No chance they can do enough cap gymnastics to fit a 30M+ Adams and a 50M+ Rodgers on that salary cap.
    They gave their LB of one year a new decent sized deal, definitely don't see Adams coming back unless they pay him. Maybe they can add a bunch of void years on his deal+rodgers and really go all in with no real chance to improve, but that is the only way to keep him IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Watson ends up on the Saints, does that mean Payton comes out of retirement as fast as Brady did and takes over the Saints again?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh boy. Drama in Dallas. Randy Gregory has gone from confirming he;s signing back with the Cowboys to signing with the Broncos.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/sta...65995730657284

"Pass rusher Randy Gregory pulling a U-turn. He's agreeing to terms with the #Broncos, as @VicLombardi reported. #Cowboys deal fell apart."

Not a fan of that. No way there weren't more productive players available for the same amount or cheaper.