Page 3 of 142 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    50+ games worth of suspensions, surprised somebody other than Dallas would bite on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    If Watson ends up on the Saints, does that mean Payton comes out of retirement as fast as Brady did and takes over the Saints again?
    I'm not sure Payton is a fan, could've drafted him in '17 and took Lattimore instead. From what I hear its Dennis Allen that has more interest.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    50+ games worth of suspensions, surprised somebody other than Dallas would bite on that.
    Well, that's where the rub was apparently. Seems Gregory got recruited the hell out by Jerry last night, agreed to the deal, then Dallas wanted to put in language to protect themselves against just such troubles this morning. And only then did Gregory pivot and accept Denver's deal.

We'll see who ends up happy with this development in 2 years.

I'm not sure Payton is a fan, could've drafted him in '17 and took Lattimore instead. From what I hear its Dennis Allen that has more interest.
    Yeah, but for the like 4 years they had, it was Brees + Lattimore OR Brees + an unhappy Watson on the bench. I think they made the right choice back then.

I do seriously wonder if Payton would have walked away had he known the Saints would be getting a new franchise QB. Entirely possible that after all this time Payton really did just need a break and a time away to refresh himself and be around different people, in a different place. Some people are like that. And that's not a bad thing, at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but for the like 4 years they had, it was Brees + Lattimore OR Brees + an unhappy Watson on the bench. I think they made the right choice back then.
    They were ready to take a QB that year, if the Chiefs hadn't traded up the Saints pick would have been Mahomes. He was their guy, they clearly didn't share a similar opinion of Watson.

Marcus Williams to Baltimore, oof.

- - - Updated - - -

Falcons trying to get in on Watson now, I guess they'd have to revert their Ryan restructure since it technically hasn't happened yet.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the final 4 teams for Watson are the Browns, and the entire NFC South sans Tom Brady.

I'm honestly watching the Falcons now with interest, they could pull an interesting maneuver and deal Matt Ryan + Firsts. But where that roster's at do they want to part with picks?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Looks like the final 4 teams for Watson are the Browns, and the entire NFC South sans Tom Brady.

I'm honestly watching the Falcons now with interest, they could pull an interesting maneuver and deal Matt Ryan + Firsts. But where that roster's at do they want to part with picks?
    I mean if you're Houston why in the hell would you want that albatross of a contract Ryan has. The best of the rosters for Watson to pick from would easily be the Saints. I don't know why you'd ever want to be in Cleveland, get out of the AFC and enjoy the much easier QB competition in the NFC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whitworth is retiring and Noteboom signing an extension to succeed him.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    The falcons thinking the answer is going from a franchise qb with nothing around him to a younger franchise qb with nothing around him and no picks is brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    The falcons thinking the answer is going from a franchise qb with nothing around him to a younger franchise qb with nothing around him and no picks is brilliant.
    But the owner used to have a relationship with him when he was a ball boy for the Falcons! Those things MATTER you know!

Baker Mayfield penned a "I have no idea what's going on but I love you Cleveland if things don't work out" letter. Seems like the Browns have alienated him by pursuing Watson, so now people are thinking Mayfield may be gone.

Prime spots would be the Colts and Texans.

Saints just freed up a lot more money by reworking at least 4 contracts in the past 24 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Saints just freed up a lot more money by reworking at least 4 contracts in the past 24 hours.
    In Loomis we trust.
    /s

In Loomis we trust.
    Can't argue the process they have going on there, keeps fielding good to great teams year after year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Can't argue the process they have going on there, keeps fielding good to great teams year after year.
    Only speed bump was COVID lowering the cap and forcing some cuts.
    /s

Chandler Jones is going to the Raiders. The AFCW is taking everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I'm being held hostage by Deshaun Watson and Freddie Freeman. My screen time is so high constantly checking for player movement news in two leagues.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I feel RIGHT at home again this Free Agency.

Last year was so strange, with Patriots spending money like it was free and getting in on all the free agents. This year? Letting all their big names walk, losing players to teams with former Patriots staff, signing supposed low quality players so as to not jeopardize their Comp picks for next year. Just the way we got used to it back in the day.

No idea if this will lead to the same success as in the old days, but it's certainly more familiar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Chandler Jones is going to the Raiders. The AFCW is taking everyone.
    And we follow up by trading Yannick for Rock Ya-Sin, filling a much needed gap in the secondary.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Bills sign Von Miller and OJ Howard in the space of minutes.

Von Miller contract looks scary on first blush: 6 years, $120m, he'll be 33 when the year starts. But there's outs and voidable years after 3 years, and he averages 17.5 over those 3 years, after the guaranteed money (which I believe is around $45m).

10+ Year Old Account
    Since we are all waiting for the rapist to finally choose which team we are going to hate on for the next 2-3 years...

What do you all think about the development in Announcer land, where ESPN basically made a HUGE offer to Buck and Aikman and landed them for Monday night broadcasts.

How do we now feel about ESPN?

What's FOX going to do now?

What will NBC do with the Sunday Night ticket?

I kinda feel like the weakest link (ESPN) took one of the teams above it, which now leaves FOX holding the bag to figure out a new top pairing for their broadcasts, which basically means we are now subjected to MORE bad calls on broadcasts than usual, since it's not uncommon for teams to have the FOX crew on their broadcast several times a season, while ESPN is almost always only once.

There's also the question of WHO of the FOX crew will see elevation, or if we are going to see even more turn over, with FOX stealing people elsewhere (Brees from NBC, maybe?)

Either way, my hope was that ESPN would improve their broadcast and they did so, hopefully FOX can do it too, btu quicker, cause we spent like 4 years I feel with bad ESPN broadcasts.

Since we are all waiting for the rapist to finally choose which team we are going to hate on for the next 2-3 years...

What do you all think about the development in Announcer land, where ESPN basically made a HUGE offer to Buck and Aikman and landed them for Monday night broadcasts.
    Buck/Aikman suck, Manningcast or Mute for me now. And rapist? Who? I don't think anyone is a rapist that matters contract wise.