Page 96 of 142 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    2nd half defense won the game. It's just a matter of stopping Henry.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Lawrence is just bad. Can't consistently miss those easy throws like he does.
    Every time I see him, which is rare because it's the Jaguars, I'm constantly like "Is this the guy everyone keeps hyping up?"

Like yeah there's way worse young QBs in the league right now, but for all the talk about "Trevor Lawrence has arrived" I still see him as one of those Matt Stafford types of QB right now. If you give him a great coach (check) and great surrounding talent (not there yet) he could with some luck win a Super Bowl.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Every time I see him, which is rare because it's the Jaguars, I'm constantly like "Is this the guy everyone keeps hyping up?"

Like yeah there's way worse young QBs in the league right now, but for all the talk about "Trevor Lawrence has arrived" I still see him as one of those Matt Stafford types of QB right now. If you give him a great coach (check) and great surrounding talent (not there yet) he could with some luck win a Super Bowl.
    I feel the same way (except the Stafford comparison, he's way better outside of this season). Only time I have seen his full games were against Ohio State, the Broncos and tonight. He wasn't good in any of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I feel the same way (except the Stafford comparison, he's way better outside of this season). Only time I have seen his full games were against Ohio State, the Broncos and tonight. He wasn't good in any of them.
    Oh yeah he's been way better than Stafford. I just see that as where he's at right now. Give him a few more years to develop (it is only year 2 and we all know his first year was a dumpster fire from the top down) and he could still crack the AFC's top 5.

Which is better than I feel about someone like Tua or Mac Jones where that QB6-10 (in the AFC specifically) range is probably their ceiling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Lawrence is just bad. Can't consistently miss those easy throws like he does.
    He looked awful in the red zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So if I'm looking at the standings, the dreaded coin flip between the Bengals and Ravens seems like a very likely outcome. Bills most likely gets the #2 against the Patriots - the Patriots have to win to guarantee getting in but can still get in with some losses. But Steelers are playing the Browns, and Miami is playing the Jets, both of whom have nothing to play for, so New England realistically isn't the 7. Pittsburgh is the 7 if they win and NE loses which seems pretty likely. Otherwise if NE/Pitt lose Miami is the #7 with a win, but without Tua (surely he won't be cleared from a second concussion this season?) I don't like their chances against us.
    Does the time beyond a week between them matter? There’s no undoing/healing the damage over time. At some point sitting is the same as retiring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

No clue, he's missed two games already and didn't even show symptoms in the 2nd half of the game where he got the 2nd concussion. Maybe it's a matter of months healing on the 2nd within a few months?

Not to mention it might well be the third, if you believe (like I do) that he got his first one in the Bills game, then his 2nd in the Thursday night game the same week, and his third one a couple weeks ago.

From what I understand about concussions, it can take time for symptoms to show up and no symptoms doesn't mean you are recovered from it either. It can take a month or longer to heal from your 1st one, repeated ones would just make it even worse and you are more likely to get another one if your brain isn't healed yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    So i saw the interview of Mcvay about him taking time of to think about the future (like he did last year) but this caught my attention

“ There's also the challenge of rebuilding an underperforming roster with the league's 11th-least cap space and no first-, fourth- or fifth-round pick in the 2023 draft. The dearth of resources is a byproduct of all-in moves that resulted in a Super Bowl, but it also makes the road forward that much tougher.”

Did he seriously not see this coming? They threw everything to get that superbowl and this is the after effect.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

15+ Year Old Account
    They’d been throwing everything all in for like 6 years - it became their norm. They were like a shaman in hearthstone rolling overload.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    So i saw the interview of Mcvay about him taking time of to think about the future (like he did last year) but this caught my attention

“ There's also the challenge of rebuilding an underperforming roster with the league's 11th-least cap space and no first-, fourth- or fifth-round pick in the 2023 draft. The dearth of resources is a byproduct of all-in moves that resulted in a Super Bowl, but it also makes the road forward that much tougher.”

Did he seriously not see this coming? They threw everything to get that superbowl and this is the after effect.
    is there any evidence showing Mcvay has influence in front-office decisions? It's possible that he didn't have a say in any of those decisions at all.

If he did, he shouldn't be shocked that "fuck them picks" resulted in the picks fucking back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Boy I hope the Ravens don't end up with the 5 seed because that'd be just the Chiefs luck to get two Byes in a row.
    You think the Jags and the Chargers aren't a bye week for them?

They won't sweat until the AFC Championship this year. From there, they'll need to deal with either Allen or Burrow. I thought this was a foregone conclusion.

I think the Chargers could boatrace the Chiefs. Neither defense is very good.

Most of the AFC contenders will be boat racing, I imagine. Our defense was good, but we've just had too many injuries this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice start by the Bills

10+ Year Old Account
    15 seconds into this game and I'm already kinda done with it. Go go Steelers or Dolphins winning so the Patriots don;t make the post season through the backdoor. We have no business being in the post season like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post
    is there any evidence showing Mcvay has influence in front-office decisions? It's possible that he didn't have a say in any of those decisions at all.

If he did, he shouldn't be shocked that "fuck them picks" resulted in the picks fucking back.

- - - Updated - - -

You think the Jags and the Chargers aren't a bye week for them?

They won't sweat until the AFC Championship this year. From there, they'll need to deal with either Allen or Burrow. I thought this was a foregone conclusion.
    Chargers can score. The Jags won't beat the Chargers.

Joe Mixone really just flipped a coin in the endzone after that touchdown.

if they fine him, i'd write back and say "I don't like the rules, change them"

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, what the hell are the Texans doing

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Lol, what the hell are the Texans doing
    If Lovie Smith is actually getting fired, he isn't going to care about the draft order.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    15 seconds into this game and I'm already kinda done with it. Go go Steelers or Dolphins winning so the Patriots don;t make the post season through the backdoor. We have no business being in the post season like this.
    I don't get that kind of outlook as a fan of a team. Some really spoiled fans out there, must be a Pats thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Olave made a big mistake. It looked like he thought he had to get out of bounds to stop the clock and it led to a fumble. Saints had 2 timeouts. Even Andy Dalton in the prior play was rushing to the line. Like dude you have 3 timeouts. Real sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprised the Patriots ran any plays after the INT. Even more surprised they tried to get the ball to Meyers.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprised the Patriots ran any plays after the INT. Even more surprised they tried to get the ball to Meyers.
    Surprising just about captures everything about this season. We lost to the (currently) owner of the 1st pick in the draft, and we are playing our best game of the year in the worst possible situation (today). And there's been dozens of weird quirks like that all season. I still have no idea what to make of this Patriots team. The defense has been spectacular at times, and the offense absolutely horrendous. But somehow for now, it;s all working today.