Poll: Do you want LFD to be kept in the Classic release of Wrath of the Lich King?

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    TBH classic is for boomers and retail has really high end difficulty compared to classic facerolls midsleeping 2 button rotation mode :P I would not say retail is for kiddos its just diffrent.

I am not saying the people playing the retail version right now are kids or babies, that was more directed at the fact that they started playing WoW late and haven't been there since the beginning of the game. There is a reason why people requested Classic servers, because the game changed way too much over the years and LFD and LFR are undoubtedly a huge part of that change.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Wasn't LFD and LFR one of the main reasons the game went down the shithole (current retail iteration)? Antisocial experience which contradicts Classic WoW values. .
    Nope, it was the bad game design, just people like to throw this dumb excuse.

Why would they add a feature that many, many people expressed concerned and hatred for over the years, in an expansion that didn't have LFD for a good part of it?
    Vocal minority

The people voting on that poll are mostly Legion+ babies IMHO.
    If you say so.

https://strawpoll.com/polls/jVyGJaER1Z7

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    I saw people say bring in retail LFG tool - I honestly think that would be a lot worse than even LFD. LFD is at least automatic. In retail LFG, you can throw in specs, gearscore, dungeon score, etc.
    I know what u mean. Its all about judging player skill about stats around his nickname. Thats simple if ur bad player ur numbers will be low anyway. If u can play properly there is no need to worry about. Im useing rio etc. Thats helpfull sometime some not. Numbers not always player skill (boosters etc. :P ) If we do talking about numers dont fuck with its only retail problem and idea. Just look at PUG discords from classic. Most all of them checking ur raid logs and gear. Its pretty same as RIO but had to do it half manually outside the game.

I've seem some of the Classic Servers are so lopsided that's you might as well forget getting a group for most things if you were unlucky enough to start on the wrong server and don't want to pay Blizzards extortion fees (server transfer) to be able to reasonably play.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    #NoChanges.

It needs to come in the last patch. If it comes at release, when dungeons were still semi-difficult, it won't be the same. Many people who think they will be able to just queue for a dungeon and AOE everything down, will be mistaken.
    I am against having it, but Wrath dungeons were never slightly difficult, outside of the ones released with ICC. They do not really have tough dungeons again until Cataclysm release but prenerf due to the Wrath babies crying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood this argument that RDF/LFD killed the community.

If anything killed the community it was the subsequent expansion being so fucking awful it haemorrhaged millions of subscribers.

After the addition of RDF, the sub count continued to rise hitting the fabled 12 million peak. So if anything it was a positive gain to the community and playerbase at large.

Had Cataclysm not been the worst expansion ever made and lost a quarter of the playerbase, only a handful of backwards glancing elitists would bemoaning its existence.

I could happily carry my own alts through twin screening with a tank on either account, and I'm going to make a tidy profit in boost sales, and yet I'd still rather have in RDF, for three reasons.

1. It's so much better for levelling and gearing alts.
    2. It's a fun little time killer, much akin to random BGs, the ability to queue up and go can really break up the monotony when doing stuff like farming.
    3. It removes the daily cap on heroics by allowing you to queue into random infinite times, giving you extra shots on specific items and more badges. This is the real reason I believe we won't see it at launch, as the player power potential from just allday random heroic grinding would be immense.

That last one is a part of RDF people forget about, you could queue as a full group. So the social interaction was irrelevant as you already were a fixed team. But it gave you access to an infinite source of shards, badges and gear that in the first phase will be BiS in some cases, especially trinkets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    I am against having it, but Wrath dungeons were never slightly difficult, outside of the ones released with ICC. They do not really have tough dungeons again until Cataclysm release but prenerf due to the Wrath babies crying.
    Cata dungeons were never hard, you could outgear them very quickly and they just became the same aoe grind fests that wrath dungeons had become.

Their difficulty was such a massive myth, they weren't any more challenging than Halls of Reflection. The speed at which people (myself included) had the meta achievement drake was telling.

That they were nerfed for player accessibility when they were no longer the main source of content is no different to any other part of WoW's history of making old stuff easier.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    Precisley this

They want classic servers to be for people who like that classic style of play, regardless of actual expansion - if you're mad about this you have retail
    Not mad. Retail is terrible. And LFD there is irrelevant because gearing happens in M+.

Depends how you define Classic. I was for hard no changes. Getting a carbon copy of the wow of old. The Classic version of WotLK should have LFD by the end of it. The same way i think BC / Classic should not have LFD. Just my opinion. My understanding is that Classic was supposed to be a museum. Then they changed everything.
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2022-04-22 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    Precisley this

They want classic servers to be for people who like that classic style of play, regardless of actual expansion - if you're mad about this you have retail
    Retail sucks (Id rather wipe my ass with the money than give it to bliz for playing retail.)
    I like the classic style of play and I want it to be just like it was when I played it not a bastardized version of it. DF was in 3.3.0 so it should be just like it was then.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

If anything killed the community it was the subsequent expansion being so fucking awful it haemorrhaged millions of subscribers.
    Good luck shoving this truth into those braindead people.

Their difficulty was such a massive myth, they weren't any more challenging than Halls of Reflection. The speed at which people (myself included) had the meta achievement drake was telling.
    I disagree on that, Halls of reflection was largely a pain because most tanks simply struggled to collect a bunch of ranged mobs, which then proceeded to kill the healer.
    Aside from that, the dungeon was pretty straight forward, at worst the 1st boss was a pain if had low dps.

Cata heroics threw a lot more at you than that, especially the bosses were on occassion much more unforgiving if you had a full pug group.

Nevermind that in Wotlk, you could much more easily acquire raid gear at this point, ToC 25man or ICC 10man wasn't exactly hard for the most part and allowed people to overgear a dungeon like Halls of Reflection pretty quickly.
    You couldn't overgear Cata heroics because even Normal raids were quite a stepup from Wotlk Normal and since raids were tuned around having heroic gear, a lot of people were stuck between a rock and a hard place.

They're not hard for competent players, but for players that have gotten used to ignoring mechanics, they got kicked in the teeth.
    That they were nerfed for player accessibility when they were no longer the main source of content is no different to any other part of WoW's history of making old stuff easier.
    Let's not rewrite history, they were nerfed because of player complaints.
    Ghostcrawler didn't write an article, basically telling players that they need to play better, only for then later to nerf that content as if they were planning to do this from the start.

Disregarding that the 4.1 Dungeons (which were designed so players had an easier time clearing 4.0 content) , 4.3 dungeons, or even MoP ones were not remotely close in terms of difficulty.

A Boss like Ozruk in its pre nerf version was simply too challenging for your average player at the time and that boss was just pure mechanics.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-04-22 at 03:08 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    It 100% depends on the patch. LFD did not come out till last patch.
    I believe they are talking about no LFD period

After the addition of RDF, the sub count continued to rise hitting the fabled 12 million peak. So if anything it was a positive gain to the community and playerbase at large.

Had Cataclysm not been the worst expansion ever made and lost a quarter of the playerbase, only a handful of backwards glancing elitists would bemoaning its existence.

I could happily carry my own alts through twin screening with a tank on either account, and I'm going to make a tidy profit in boost sales, and yet I'd still rather have in RDF, for three reasons.

1. It's so much better for levelling and gearing alts.
    2. It's a fun little time killer, much akin to random BGs, the ability to queue up and go can really break up the monotony when doing stuff like farming.
    3. It removes the daily cap on heroics by allowing you to queue into random infinite times, giving you extra shots on specific items and more badges. This is the real reason I believe we won't see it at launch, as the player power potential from just allday random heroic grinding would be immense.

That last one is a part of RDF people forget about, you could queue as a full group. So the social interaction was irrelevant as you already were a fixed team. But it gave you access to an infinite source of shards, badges and gear that in the first phase will be BiS in some cases, especially trinkets.
    The bold part is the only reason Blizzard is removing this feature entirely IMO. They still show that they want to milk the subs for as long as possible while still going with the same bullshit bingo of the last 10 years ("meaningful choices" etc). They could easily make it server only or give bonuses for going with a full group etc etc but that would require actual work and not looking at the players purely as income.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    The bold part is the only reason Blizzard is removing this feature entirely IMO. They still show that they want to milk the subs for as long as possible while still going with the same bullshit bingo of the last 10 years ("meaningful choices" etc). They could easily make it server only or give bonuses for going with a full group etc etc but that would require actual work and not looking at the players purely as income.
    I don't know, if this is such a huge concern, one could suggest to just have them remove the ID from heroics.

Disregarding that this way to catchup on content wasn't available in actual Wotlk until 3.3, so it does certainly impact the pace at which players would gear themselves compared to actual Wotlk.
    I could imagine that without an ID lockout, people (especially tanks & healers) would just spam DF the entire day, once they got locked out of the dungeon they want loot, they just drop and requeue until they get the dungeon they want.

In 3.3, people were largely after the badges (or Emblem as they were called in Wotlk), but in Phase one, people will care about the Loot itself as well, not having an ID lockout there would be quite a game changer.

If they gave the same rewards (or even better) for doing a dungeon like RDF and LFD did in WOTLK (with rewards for tanks etc.) but you need to go to the entrance personally will you be fine with that change? I feel like that is okay compromise for both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    Not having LFD at launch would be a massive mistake.
    you guys wanted #nochanges now u can all deal with the consciences

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    maybe I miss understand but if there were no changes, wouldn't that be them putting it back in when\how it was in the original patch (it sounds more like they are going to change it and take it out for all of LK?)

- - - Updated - - -

dude.. #nochanges died like 2 months into Vanilla Classic WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    maybe I miss understand but if there were no changes, wouldn't that be them putting it back in when\how it was in the original patch (it sounds more like they are going to change it and take it out for all of LK?)
    i dono but my point was stop asking for things early and stuff that wasnt as that they way you wanted it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

dude.. #nochanges died like 2 months into Vanilla Classic WoW.
    don't care u wanted it so deal with it, i don't play classic bc or woltk when it launces coz i don't want it, im not fogged by nostalgia, when i played vanilla classic its because i didnt experience it since i started playing mid bc when the wow south park episode 1st aired

i dono but my point was stop asking for things early and stuff that wasnt as that they way you wanted it

- - - Updated - - -

don't care u wanted it so deal with it, i don't play classic bc or woltk when it launces coz i don't want it, im not fogged by nostalgia, when i played vanilla classic its because i didnt experience it since i started playing mid bc when the wow south park episode 1st aired
    I didn't ask for anything I only planned on subbing for LK Classic, but wouldn't the point of being nochange would be no changes made from original? (And I'd rather the current Dev's keep their crappy take on what they think it should be out of the picture).
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-04-22 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    I didn't ask for anything I only planned on subbing for LK Classic, but wouldn't the point of being nochange would be no changes made from original? (And I'd rather the current Dev's keep their crappy take on what they think it should be out of the picture).
    probably form wherever the dev's want but anything that wasn't available during that expac or after stays out, qol change or not that's what ppl asked for then they moaned in blizzard's ears for classic