Poll: Do you want LFD to be kept in the Classic release of Wrath of the Lich King?

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alexs View Post
    I hope you all enjoy traveling, not gonna play until they add it
    Why even have an open world if you just click a button to teleport around everywhere?
    Why even have chat if you just click a button to be automatically grouped with other people?

LFD is the biggest instance of blizzard sacrificing MMORPG and social elements in favor of convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Why even have an open world if you just click a button to teleport around everywhere?
    Why even have chat if you just click a button to be automatically grouped with other people?

LFD is the biggest instance of blizzard sacrificing MMORPG and social elements in favor of convenience.
    Well if you like enjoying wasting time, go for it dude. No one is stopping you

Wow, great decision. LFD was cancer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Time to work on your social skills guys
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

No LFD makes it pointless to have Heirlooms and I won't have any alts. because they think 1 boost is the best way to go...

I am actually mad about this. Dungeon finder was a reason I actually did so much group content back in the day. To get rid of it just doesn't make any sense. Now we're all gonna have to stand in Dala spamming the chat. For fucks sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I really don't understand people who want to remove the teleport, instead it'll just be 3 lazies waiting for 2 players to get to stone.
    More like 1 or 2 players going to the stone, while the other 3-4 scream summon in chat.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I am actually mad about this. Dungeon finder was a reason I actually did so much group content back in the day. To get rid of it just doesn't make any sense. Now we're all gonna have to stand in Dala spamming the chat. For fucks sake.
    Bye bye, time to quit then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, RIP lowpop realms.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Bye bye, time to quit then.
    Quit a game that's not out yet, makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Well, RIP lowpop realms.
    I'm not a fan of the LFG system as it was introduced in Wrath, but I also totally agree with this sentiment.

I think we should provide specific targeted feedback in the form of: Allow cross realm grouping to be an option for dungeons and facilitate an ingame chat-based LFG system similar to the one that retail WoW has. This would make grouping for dungeons much easier without making the mistake of a completely random LFG system. You have some control over what classes and specs are in your groups, but you don't have to restrict yourself to spamming trade chat in a city for people on a dead server.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    I've had enough of "reserved". For all I care it can be in from the start or the Ulduar phase.
    Bro, I just came back to classic since not really playing the game after WoD. What in the fuck is that shit? Every pug group or raid has everything useful on "hard reserve". How have they not been laughed out of the community? People like that would have been black listed in OG Vanilla. It's honestly the most pathetic thing I've ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I'm not a fan of the LFG system as it was introduced in Wrath, but I also totally agree with this sentiment.

I think we should provide specific targeted feedback in the form of: Allow cross realm grouping to be an option for dungeons and facilitate an ingame chat-based LFG system similar to the one that retail WoW has. This would make grouping for dungeons much easier without making the mistake of a completely random LFG system. You have some control over what classes and specs are in your groups, but you don't have to restrict yourself to spamming trade chat in a city for people on a dead server.
    People are just grouping with randos right now anyway, what's the difference? I never see the people I group with again NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Bro, I just came back to classic since not really playing the game after WoD. What in the fuck is that shit? Every pug group or raid has everything useful on "hard reserve". How have they not been laughed out of the community? People like that would have been black listed in OG Vanilla. It's honestly the most pathetic thing I've ever seen
    Yeah it's a clown show. Dungeon Finder would have at least removed those people from the 5 mans.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    The only way I would ever want LFD is if it was:

-restricted to your server only
    -does not insta-teleport you to the dungeon
    so we can wait fo rpeople like to to show up after 30 minutes because they were still "farming".

People are just grouping with randos right now anyway, what's the difference? I never see the people I group with again NOW.
    This late in the expac live, yeah it's mostly random people i group with when i do anything.
    But during the first month of Classic TBC, i was continously grouping with recognizable people and guilds doing heroics. It's a great experience that doesn't last for long. LFD isn't required for the first phase, plenty of people playing throught the new content. It lasts about 1-2 months and is always the best time of an expansion.

Once Ulduar hit, LFD will be required, and if, at worst, by the time ToGC is released LFD isn't in the game, i expect metaphorical riots on social media and forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    This late in the expac live, yeah it's mostly random people i group with when i do anything.
    But during the first month of Classic TBC, i was continously grouping with recognizable people and guilds doing heroics. It's a great experience that doesn't last for long. LFD isn't required for the first phase, plenty of people playing throught the new content. It lasts about 1-2 months and is always the best time of an expansion.

Once Ulduar hit, LFD will be required, and if, at worst, by the time ToGC is released LFD isn't in the game, i expect metaphorical riots on social media and forums.
    They also claim they're listening, but to who? overwhelming majority is to have LFD at some point.

They also claim they're listening, but to who? overwhelming majority is to have LFD at some point.
    they say it just for sake of saying it.

the whole wolk lfd fiasco shows their approach towards casuals didnt change and that 10.0 will be as casual unfriendly as SL is

wolk is just innovent victim of this casual hate in wow. shame but people will stick to private servers instead play crippled worse version of blizzard.

You don't? I see people all of the time pop up lol.
    I had a great paladin tank who showed up daily looking for groups in TBC, and he would always ask me first if I wanted to group with him because he enjoyed my company.
    I've run into people at max level who I had run dungeons with a lower level as well.

I've also blacklisted people from my groups for being trolls or just generally extremely incompetent so I remember their names if they pop up in LFG again.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    they say it just for sake of saying it.

the whole wolk lfd fiasco shows their approach towards casuals didnt change and that 10.0 will be as casual unfriendly as SL is

wolk is just innovent victim of this casual hate in wow. shame but people will stick to private servers instead play crippled worse version of blizzard.
    If pservers were a guarantee i'd play there, but they're always in flux (and have got my internet shut down once)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    You don't? I see people all of the time pop up lol.
    I had a great paladin tank who showed up daily looking for groups in TBC, and he would always ask me first if I wanted to group with him because he enjoyed my company.
    I've run into people at max level who I had run dungeons with a lower level as well.

I've also blacklisted people from my groups for being trolls or just generally extremely incompetent so I remember their names if they pop up in LFG again.
    Big server, no one ever says anything.