Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoW 8.0 - WoW 13.0 Plotlines Detailed Under Our Noises Since 2017 (Not a Troll Post)

Before everyone jumps on their Keyboards with rapid typing speeds, please read this out first. I am going to make this as simple and as short as possible.

TLDR - This poster single handely guessed every expansion/theme and realized what tha patterns are of the storyline/story arcs way before BFA or Shadowlands was even a thing and was absolutely on the dot. This was post was published on September 24th, 2017 which is roughly 1 month and a half before BFA's Reveal/Announcement at Blizzcon that year. The full post is translated from chinese to english down below.

TLDR #2

1 - He predicted that 8.0 is about ancient god line (Old Gods/N'Zoth) and is related to WotLK
    2 - Then he precited that 9.0 takes place in the Shadow kingdom or as we know it Shadowlands and is is corresponding to the happenings in WotLK and that the content talks about a new Lich King which in this case as we know it Bolvar.

3 - Both 10.0 and 11.0 will be Dragon and Elemental related and both of these elements will conclude.

4 - 12.0 Will follow up to Mists of Panderia warfare between Horde and the Alliances, basically another war of sort and there will be another shake up with the leadership.

5 - 13.0 is where the fight/confront the Void Lord who's story was being built up for a while now.

Source - https://bbs.nga.cn/read.php?tid=12510507

On the chinese Website above, a user posted the following (I am not chinese, using Google translator here)

Today, when reviewing the content of each expansion piece of wow, I suddenly discovered a fact: the content of the expansion piece of tbc is actually divided into two parts, the Draenor line and the Burning Legion line, corresponding to the content of wod and leg respectively.

That is to say, the two expansion pieces 6.0 and 7.0 are split from the expansion piece 2.0. From this, we continue to speculate that 8.0 should be the ancient god line corresponding to WotlK, and 9.0 should correspond to the natural disaster line of WotLK, and the content should be the content of the new Lich King and the Kingdom of Shadows.

10.0 and 11.0 correspond to the dragon line and element line of ctm, and the story of dragon and element lord will end.

12.0 corresponds to mop's alliance and tribal war lines. It is speculated that the current major cities and faction leaders will usher in the last major reshuffle.

13.0 corresponds to the Sha line of mop, but this time the protagonist will be wow's final boss Void Lord.

Among them, in 8.0~12.0, the Void forces will appear frequently, and they are also the mastermind behind these expansions.

The Burning Legion debuted in 2.0, and after four expansions from 3.0 to 6.0, it came to an end in 7.0.

The Void Force debuted in 7.0, and after four expansions from 8.0 to 12.0, it finally came to an end in 13.0.
    Last edited by Northelim; 2022-04-03 at 06:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how he came to these conclusions, but this is actually kind of huge. Even more so when you realize that this was posted before the BfA announcement (which would come 2 months after he made his post). So with BfA, SL, and now Dragonflight, his predictions seem to be 3 for 3. Is there any indication on that site that he could've just gone back and edited his post to mess with people?

5+ Year Old Account
    It's a reasonable prediction but no way are we getting another faction war expansion given Blizzard are starting to open up factions and how BFA was received.

10+ Year Old Account
    But with faction merge already starting to happen slowly, can we still hope for another Alliance vs Horde conflict?
    I do hope so atleast, It is the main reason i love WoW. But it is no longer a real thing in the game it feels like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Northelim View Post
    Before everyone jumps on their Keyboards with rapid typing speeds, please read this out first. I am going to make this as simple and as short as possible.

TLDR - This poster single handely guessed every expansion/theme and realized what tha patterns are of the storyline/story arcs way before BFA or Shadowlands was even a thing and was absolutely on the dot. This was post was published on September 24th, 2017 which is roughly 1 month and a half before BFA's Reveal/Announcement at Blizzcon that year. The full post is translated from chinese to english down below.

TLDR #2

1 - He predicted that 8.0 is about ancient god line (Old Gods/N'Zoth) and is related to WotLK
    2 - Then he precited that 9.0 takes place in the Shadow kingdom or as we know it Shadowlands and is is corresponding to the happenings in WotLK and that the content talks about a new Lich King which in this case as we know it Bolvar.

3 - Both 10.0 and 11.0 will be Dragon and Elemental related and both of these elements will conclude.

4 - 12.0 Will follow up to Mists of Panderia warfare between Horde and the Alliances, basically another war of sort and there will be another shake up with the leadership.

5 - 13.0 is where the fight/confront the Void Lord who's story was being built up for a while now.

Source - https://bbs.nga.cn/read.php?tid=12510507

On the chinese Website above, a user posted the following (I am not chinese, using Google translator here)
    Considering how little he said about 8.0 and 9.0 and how wrong half of it already is, I am calling BS on it.
    So yeah, no he didn't single handely predict any expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    But with faction merge already starting to happen slowly, can we still hope for another Alliance vs Horde conflict?
    I do hope so atleast, It is the main reason i love WoW. But it is no longer a real thing in the game it feels like.
    Unless they introduce a new faction that is completely NPC driven.

Quote Originally Posted by Merryck View Post
    It's a reasonable prediction but no way are we getting another faction war expansion given Blizzard are starting to open up factions and how BFA was received.
    I don't agree at all. Assuming no faction war type stuff for 10.0 and 11.0 that would be 5+ years away from now. As people have come around on the idea of world revamp stuff ala Cata again people will probably welcome faction conflict again by then.

Alliance

I mean, True. However That could be the exact reason they do get back into conflict. One final huge conflict between the 2 factions where at the end they realize we need to work together to defeat Void. Thus Factionless is finally a thing. Idk time will tell

This is like severe cold reading. I sincerely would not look too much into this, especially with how much we know they change plans behind the scenes.

WoD originally wasn't even going to involve Draenor, the first pitch was Garrosh and his Mongrel Horde on Azeroth.

Ofc there could be another faction war. Just because BfA wasn't a well received expansion, it doesn't mean people hated it because of everything it had.
    BfA was shit because of the Azerite system. The faction war in itself was good, however most of the lore was about Old Gods and the rebellion against Sylvanas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caydrix View Post
    I mean, True. However That could be the exact reason they do get back into conflict. One final huge conflict between the 2 factions where at the end they realize we need to work together to defeat Void. Thus Factionless is finally a thing. Idk time will tell
    They will never abolish factions altogether. It is more likely that they will create a new game than change something so fundamental and so defining about the game. Shadowlands so far has been the only expansion in WoW that had no faction-conflict or faction-specific content and I doubt that's going to be a trend.

I don't think they plan two expansions ahead let alone 5. I'm sorry but this is confirmation bias.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Considering how little he said about 8.0 and 9.0 and how wrong half of it already is, I am calling BS on it.
    So yeah, no he didn't single handely predict any expansion.
    Huh? I am not sure if we reading the same exact thing. What is he wrong about? And yes he did predict numerous of them correctly. As I said, don't think you are reading same thing I am. Give me a through explanation on how he is wrong and how he didn't predict them single handendly then we'll see, but right now a hard disagree with you.

Huh? I am not sure if we reading the same exact thing. What is he wrong about? And yes he did predict numerous of them correctly. As I said, don't think you are reading same thing I am. Give me a through explanation on how he is wrong and how he didn't predict them single handendly then we'll see, but right now a hard disagree with you.
    " 9.0 should correspond to the natural disaster line of WotLK, and the content should be the content of the new Lich King and the Kingdom of Shadows."
    The shadowlands have been known as the shadowlands for a LONG time even in lore so to suddenly call it the kingdom of shadows is weak at best, there was no natural disaster in shadowlands, and nothing about a new lich king unless of course he meant Bolvar(bolvar's been the LK for a while now much longer then his post) but even if that was the case it really wasn't about him. Its about Sylvanas.

His entire logic is TBC was demons and Draenor - Then Wod and legion happened! Must be a pattern!!11!!!!!1!11! So now he is running around with a conclusion trying to force a narrative into it which is not how things are done because we as humans will find whatever patterns we want if we look for them. Also Blizzard cycling expansion themes is always going to be the obvious thing to do because no one is going to want to fight "mob type x" for 2 years if they just did it for the 2 years of the previous expansion.

"1 - He predicted that 8.0 is about ancient god line (Old Gods/N'Zoth) and is related to WotLK"

-> Had nothing to do with Wotlk, failed to mention anything about the faction war. Meanwhile back in Legion everyone and their mom used to "leak" an Old God and Azshara expansion right here on MMOC.

"2 - Then he precited that 9.0 takes place in the Shadow kingdom or as we know it Shadowlands and is is corresponding to the happenings in WotLK and that the content talks about a new Lich King which in this case as we know it Bolvar."

-> Yes it is true that we went to the Shadowlands, but absolutely nothing in this expac was about the Lich King or the "happening in Wotlk" (Nexus War, Old Gods, Vrykul, Scourge etc.?). Also when this guy wrote his piece, we already knew about how the cosmos was set up and that the Shadowlands was a thing (with this name).

Both these statements are so vague that it can only be coincidence, no one who actually knows more would risk so much to say something so vague. I am confident that there are people out there who "predicted" more than this.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2022-04-03 at 08:17 PM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not a chance, because they came up and decided to "end this saga".
    We are going to go a different path, new plans, new devs.. etc

So no prediction is to be taken into account as of now.

Also, it is quite predictabel that dragons and mystic or lightare potential themes. It wouldn´t mean that this person did guess it. A lot of us saw it coming (privately) because some people started posting it out.

I've always enjoyed this line of thought and it holds up.. Either way, I just want to point out that a horde/alliance finale show-down is still possible after the cross-faction play.

I think by that point, after years of cross-faction play, we may see something happen that triggers (in the prophets (translated) words) the "last major reshuffle," after a "shakeup with the leadership."

Maybe by that point, it won't seem like such a stretch for Blizz to allow players to choose a faction based on their ideals and feelings about the current climate. Are they with Alliance 2.0 or Horde 2.0 -- not just something they were born into, not a straight up race war.

They're (rightly) moving away from that vibe and I don't think they'll ever go back to arguing that all orcs should hate all humans, kill on site. (phew)

We'd likely still be able to group "cross-faction" but retain a sense of Red vs. Blue that you're all so fond of.

It's still horde vs. alliance, but things change. C'est la vie.

ppl really think there will be a 13.0 ???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    "1 - He predicted that 8.0 is about ancient god line (Old Gods/N'Zoth) and is related to WotLK"

-> Had nothing to do with Wotlk, failed to mention anything about the faction war. Meanwhile back in Legion everyone and their mom used to "leak" an Old God and Azshara expansion right here on MMOC.

"2 - Then he precited that 9.0 takes place in the Shadow kingdom or as we know it Shadowlands and is is corresponding to the happenings in WotLK and that the content talks about a new Lich King which in this case as we know it Bolvar."

-> Yes it is true that we went to the Shadowlands, but absolutely nothing in this expac was about the Lich King or the "happening in Wotlk" (Nexus War, Old Gods, Vrykul, Scourge etc.?). Also when this guy wrote his piece, we already knew about how the cosmos was set up and that the Shadowlands was a thing (with this name).

Both these statements are so vague that it can only be coincidence, no one who actually knows more would risk so much to say something so vague. I am confident that there are people out there who "predicted" more than this.
    Nothing in ths expansion was about Lich King or at least related to his past? I guess the Sylvanas flashbacks of WC3 proves that? Ehhh.....ok well this is where I stop taking you seriously then, moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese Site
    I've gone through 9.0 to 13.0

Today, when reviewing the content of each expansion piece of wow, I suddenly discovered a fact: the content of the expansion piece of tbc is actually divided into two parts, the Draenor line and the Burning Legion line, corresponding to the content of wod and leg respectively.
    That is to say, the two expansion pieces 6.0 and 7.0 were disassembled from the expansion piece 2.0. superior
    Therefore, we continue to speculate that 8.0 should be the ancient god line corresponding to wlk, and 9.0 should correspond to the natural disaster line of wlk, and the content should be the new witch. The Demon King's affairs and the content of the Kingdom of Shadows.
    10.0 and 11.0 correspond to the dragon line and element line of ctm, and the story of dragon and element lord will end.
    12.0 corresponds to mop's alliance and tribal war lines, and it is speculated that the current major cities and faction leaders will usher in the last major reshuffle.
    13.0 corresponds to the Sha line of mop, but this time the protagonist will be wow's final boss----Void Lord.
    Among them, in 8.0~12.0, the Void forces will appear frequently, and they are also the mastermind behind these expansions.
    The Burning Legion debuted in 2.0, and after four expansions from 3.0 to 6.0, it came to an end in 7.0.
    The Void Force debuted in 7.0, and after four expansions from 8.0 to 12.0, it finally came to an end in 13.0.

As for whether 13.0 is the end of wow, it depends on whether Blizzard's "one gasification and three cleanliness" supernatural powers will continue.
    This is an incredibly simplistic view.

WotLK wasn't just about Old Gods and the Scourge. And similarly, Cataclysm and MoP had as much to do with Old Gods as WotLK did. Possibly more. Cataclysm had N'zoth's influence, Deathwing being driven mad by the Old Gods whispers, tons of Old God minions. MoP had Y'shaarj's influence through the Sha, Garrosh using his heart to corrupt the vale and his own soldiers etc.

Similarly BFA wasn't all about Old Gods. It even started with a faction war, just like MoP, and also had us go to Nazjatar, deal with the Naga, visit Mechagon, before we wrapped up the Old God stuff in one patch.

So can't we then also say that BFA calls back to that faction war that we had in Cataclysm and MoP? Is it fair to say that BFA callsback to WotLK and closes one of its chapters, when the Old God we fight was introduced in Cataclysm, and the first Old God, that appeared, was in Classic? Just because it had Yogg-Saron (interwoven with norse stuff, which we also saw in Legion), and which was for the most part contained to just one raid? And BFA also led us back to MoP and Cataclysm, through the reuse of the zones Vale and Uldum for the last patch.

And if one of the TBC strands is the planet Draenor in and of itself, then why haven't we gone back to a revamped Northrend as part of one of the WotLK strands? Who knows, we might actually see Northrend connected to Dragonflight and the Dragon Isles in some sense. Maybe. Or at some point in the future. Will that break the pattern?

WotLK had Titan Keepers like Thorim and Loken. A lot of norse mythology with Vrykul and Val'kyr. That is something we've also seen in Legion, with Odyn and Stormheim. Why was that part of the TBC callback expansion?

In reality things are more complex and more interwoven. And I can guarantee you that Blizzard does not plan things like that. Not that far in advance. They didn't even know whether they wanted to do Legion or WoD first. They considered both options. That's why Wrathion warns us of an imminent Legion attack. People were totally expecting a Legion expansion after MoP and had every reason to.

The reason this whole theory still looks somewhat convincing is simply because obviously once a certain topic is dealt with ingame, it takes some time to get back to it. And they're more likely to go back to things that are farther in the past. So after, let's say, MoP, they are more likely to revisit TBC than WotLK. And then once TBC has been revisited, WotLK themes are more likely to get the spotlight again than Cataclysm. Although here, too, you can see some elemental themes in expansions like Legion, because, as I said, things are just more interwoven. But yeah, that's why we see dragons now, after TBC and WotLK themes have already been revisited. It's a matter of how much time has passed and what it makes sense to throw at players again.

And Blizzard has stopped making expansions that focus too much on a single theme. Legion and BFA were a real mix of tons of different themes. Legion had Emerald Dream (therefore Old God related), magical Elves, Titan stuff with the Titan Keepers and Legion stuff, finally bringing us to Argus in the last patch. BFA had pirates, Old Gods, undead, trolls, faction war, and then we jumped to Nagas and Azshara, Mechagon and Mechagnomes, and finally an underwhelming presentation of N'yalotha. And these are not just minor elements. These all play a huge role in the expansion. Some of them, like undead in Drustvar, have an entire zone dedicated to them.

Dragonflight similarly will have tons of different themes.

So I think we get WoD and Legion, Shadowlands and then Dragonflight in that order simply because the original expansion order was TBC, WotLK and Cataclysm, and it makes sense to revisit those themes in the exact same order. And then BFA was more of a fun hodgepodge of things and a general distraction from the other common themes. Just throw a bunch of different themes in there.

So will we see Elemental Planes after Dragonflight? Possibly. I myself have predicted a revisiting of the Elemental theme for this expansion, simply because it's been a while, and Ragnaros' return has been teased in the Dark Iron questline. But I don't think we will see another faction war after that, and if we see a confrontation with the Void, it won't be because of a connection to the Sha.

I think what would make sense is an Elemental Planes expansion for 11.0 and Light vs. Void for 12.0, or potentially a mix of these elements in Dragonflight, initially, or over the course of the expansion in patches. But in general, elements, light and void are probably the themes that are most likely to be dealt with after Dragonflight, or over the course of the expansion.
    Last edited by Dragonflight; 2022-04-03 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    ppl really think there will be a 13.0 ???
    EverQuest has put out 28 expansions (and counting...) since its 1999 launch. I'm sure Blizzard can manage to keep a game like WoW supported with expansions for at least an additional 20-25 years.