Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    The Chronicles map proportions are so much better.

[IMG]https://i.redd.it/4f029bvwpvs31.jpg[IMG]
    The fact western Kalimdor and eastern Eastern Kingdoms have 2 different seas without any landmasses between them unlike in the middle still has me believing that there still is an "other side" Blizzard could use.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    That could just be the best way the graphics guy managed to fit the map within the 16:9 dimensions of that image. But I suppose anything is possible.
    Really, that would be the best way? Northrend is cut-off and down there south of Pandaria is still quite a bit of space. It looks like the top of Northrend was cut off intentionally. Maybe cause there's a new landmass up there.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are overthinking it. The answer is more obvious, the hint is the fact that the map is in greyscale and shadowed. This probably indicates a great shadow (metaphorically I assume) falling over Azeroth.

The End of Azeroth perhaps? Old god riddles coming to pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    the image above is perfect. thx for doing that work.

your image is perfect to see exactly what i just don’t get: why they cutted this upper part ?
    My guess is to remove as much of the parchment paper outline of the map and the tan splotches that go with it.

Someone quick! Head inside Ulduar and look at the Azeroth globe and see if theres any land masses between the western part of Kalimdor and eastern part of Eastern Kingdom....

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    The fact western Kalimdor and eastern Eastern Kingdoms have 2 different seas without any landmasses between them unlike in the middle still has me believing that there still is an "other side" Blizzard could use.
    I feel like Chronicle would mention it. Since it is supposed to be from Titans point of view, so they should be aware of it.
    On the unrelated note, has anyone tried to piece all the current continents together to get the original landmass? I know it is not exact science, but I wonder if any big chunks are missing, if they are missing at all.

I'm gonna have to agree, it's been cropped to accommodate a specific aspect ratio for the post. Regardless, it's a shit job. The vignette looks awful as a result, so that's also out of whack, and there's no reason why they couldn't have cropped it to ensure Northrend wouldn't be spliced. On a deeper level, why did they even blindly cut it like this without a second thought for Northrend anyway? Is Northrend not considered important for the map and for Azeroth? It's a travesty.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It means the world is changing.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Baedril View Post
    To make it the aspect ratio they wanted for the ad?
    naaah, no PR or designer would ever do this that way. EVERY designer on this planet would always cut a smaller part at top and the exact same sized part at bottom, for a correct centering of the content, horizontally.

i bet 100 pizzas, you can ask 100 designers and 99 of them will tell you the same. and the other 1 is just drunk or heavily on cocaine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah its Dragons View Post
    Really, that would be the best way? Northrend is cut-off and down there south of Pandaria is still quite a bit of space. It looks like the top of Northrend was cut off intentionally. Maybe cause there's a new landmass up there.
    exactly. no sane designer would ever do that imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Chungus View Post
    You are overthinking it. The answer is more obvious, the hint is the fact that the map is in greyscale and shadowed. This probably indicates a great shadow (metaphorically I assume) falling over Azeroth.

The End of Azeroth perhaps? Old god riddles coming to pass?
    yep, ofc. i also think that the grey color should mean more than anything else.

nevertheless there have to be a reason (regardless how meaningless or stupid) why they cutted the top, instead cutting a lesser bit at top and same bit at bottom, to keep the center of the image. like every sane designer would do.

naaah, no PR or designer would ever do this that way. EVERY designer on this planet would always cut a smaller part at top and the exact same sized part at bottom, for a correct centering of the content, horizontally.

i bet 100 pizzas, you can ask 100 designers and 99 of them will tell you the same. and the other 1 is just drunk or heavily on cocaine.
    You are assuming the person who did it cares.

i mean, come on guys, yes „Blizzard the indie company…“ and all that jokes. but even the most worse designer in a 3employees company is not that stupid or lazy and just cut the top. you can’t tell me the multibillion dollar company PR design team accidentally did it that way. that’s hillarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draenei View Post
    I'm gonna have to agree, it's been cropped to accommodate a specific aspect ratio for the post. Regardless, it's a shit job. The vignette looks awful as a result, so that's also out of whack, and there's no reason why they couldn't have cropped it to ensure Northrend wouldn't be spliced. On a deeper level, why did they even blindly cut it like this without a second thought for Northrend anyway? Is Northrend not considered important for the map and for Azeroth? It's a travesty.
    if ppl, being THAT lazy and THAT stupid by doing this, are working at Blizzard… well, then i don’t know what to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leaker69 View Post
    You are assuming the person who did it cares.
    „not caring“ means:

hi, my name is Bob. i am working here at Blizzard since 9 years. i have professional equipment for thousands of dollars. i earn > 100.000 dollars a year. i am responsible for marketing and PR design for the web presence of ATVI Blizzard. i design stuff 200+ days a year. but because i am lazy i just clicked for 10s and removed a top margin of 100px. instead of investing 20s and removing top 50px and bottom 50px. sorry.“

oh come on…

Yes, because there's no way there could be a landmass on the other side of the world, because "we've seen the world in-game on maps and globes and Chen Stormsnout's right butt cheek, and there's nothing on the other side of the world", but there's obviously a new landmass above Northrend.

Which also doesn't show up on those maps and globes and glutes.

Sometimes I really don't believe how humanity made it to the moon and back.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

i mean, come on guys, yes „Blizzard the indie company…“ and all that jokes. but even the most worse designer in a 3employees company is not that stupid or lazy and just cut the top. you can’t tell me the multibillion dollar company PR design team accidentally did it that way. that’s hillarious.

- - - Updated - - -

if ppl, being THAT lazy and THAT stupid by doing this, are working at Blizzard… well, then i don’t know what to say.

- - - Updated - - -

„not caring“ means:

hi, my name is Bob. i am working here at Blizzard since 9 years. i have professional equipment for thousands of dollars. i earn > 100.000 dollars a year. i am responsible for marketing and PR design for the web presence of ATVI Blizzard. i design stuff 200+ days a year. but because i am lazy i just clicked for 10s and removed a top margin of 100px. instead of investing 20s and removing top 50px and bottom 50px. sorry.“

oh come on…
    I have been working for my company 8 years. The company is ranked like in top 50 or something on Alexa and last week I haven't done a single thing. I am dealing with personal stuff and a month ago one of the owners hit a nerve and the other has been 'preparing' addition to my contract with the raise for several weeks now (meaning I lost one of the months with the raise and will probably lose another) while doing his best to avoid me in the office. No one is immune from 'don't care'.