Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    This is categorically untrue lol. I don’t know if you’re a Classic fanboy (where it still wasn’t true and was a primary advocator for more race/class combos) or if you’re brand new and unaware, but this is just so wrong.

Humans were originally Clerics, using Holy magic like Priests but in a different capacity. The magic was the same. When they failed in battle, they trained knights and clerics together, creating an order of paladins (Knights of the Silverhand). Any group of Knights (Warriors) and Clerics (Priests) have this same equal ability to become Paladins.

Dwarves with no special powers or abilities whatsoever joined the knights of the Silverhand and learned to use that power and became Paladins. This is a perfect demonstration of “just teach it to anyone” and that there is no need to have restrictions, but I guess we’ll pretend your primary reasoning against isn’t actually for having Paladin on all races I guess.

Draenei had/has Paladins. They were just fighting demons instead of undead.

High Elves have been Paladins forever. Like, almost literally forever. When Sunwell stuff happened, most became Blood Elves. They’re still Paladins, but donned themselves Blood Knights. It’s a Paladin still. Magic source even is light still, but technically they have Blood magic too due to Sunwell. Them choosing not to follow the light didn’t restrict their ability to use it.

Tauren (in Cata) did exactly what humans did. They created an order, called the Sunwalkers, to train their Clerics and Knights together.

Zandalari Trolls have always had their version of Paladins. They’re close with the loa, Rezan, which is the loa of light. They’re called Prelates but they’re Paladins.

There’s instances of rare cases of other races having Paladins too, even during Vanilla era. Night Elves have (had? RIP tree) Delas and Nereus Moonfang, for example.

Basically the only reason any given person, regardless of race, doesn’t have Paladin power is strictly because they haven’t trained in it, not because they can’t. So it’s weird that you focused on Paladin. They all have their own names for it, but Paladins are what they are. They could easily add Night Elf Paladins and have lore refer to it as “Moon Knight” or whatever.

This exact case is justifiable for all race/class combos. The only Class that would be different, as far as I know, would be Demon Hunter. But it’s not that couldn’t. They COULD also create more DHs if they wanted.
    You are literally wrong in everything you wrote.

The only races canonically that are paladins are humans and the originam dwarf race. Every other one is lorewise not a paladin but a seperate class.

Tauren sunwalkers are not "paladins" in lore.

This was also confirmed by devs stating the new races are not actual paladins, they just use the paladin model so that each time they do nor need to make a new spec.

Blood knights canonically are not paladins
    Sunwalkers canonicly are not paladins
    Prelates canonically are not paladins

I get that you want this OP, i vehemently don't. I can only respect your wishes, but hope they don't come to pass.

15+ Year Old Account
    No. I just don't want to see gnome demon hunters or draenei male rogues. Just stop. Holy cows are already more than I can bear xD
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    You are literally wrong in everything you wrote. The only races canonically that are paladins are humans and the originam dwarf race. Every other one is lorewise not a paladin but a seperate class.
    Classes don't really exist lore wise. A mage in lore can summon a demon even though they can't as a class. What you are calling the "paladin class" is simply an order of paladins in lore. The same as the Sunwalkers or the Bloodknights.

Back in the capital city of Silvermoon, Magister Astalor Bloodsworn was not content with this idea. After long months of study and experimentation, he and his fellow wizards learned how to manipulate and corrupt the naaru's luminous energies. In the end the wizards devised a process by which the powers of the Light could be transferred to recipients who had not earned such abilities. Instead of feeding upon the naaru's magic, the blood elves would wield the naaru's Light-given powers themselves.
    Sounds like a canon paladin but just one that is different from the Order of the Silver Hand which is the order of "paladins" humans and dwarves are based on even though they split into the Argent Dawn and Scarlet Crusade in the lore. At least until Legion when the various orders of Paladins united for a common cause (which again shows that different orders are canon which you conveniently ignore)
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Would remove class/race restrictions, and would also remove Armor/Weapon restrictions.
    The "make sense" thing doesnt make sense anymore, the lore expanded so much that anything can be anything. Just look at Anduin, who should be a Priest wearing a full plate armor and beating the shit of stuff with his two handed sword that magically turns into 2 one handed sword.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Quote Originally Posted by DeuZWw View Post
    Would remove class/race restrictions, and would also remove Armor/Weapon restrictions. The "make sense" thing doesnt make sense anymore, the lore expanded so much that anything can be anything.
    You forgot that everyone should appear gender neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Not really. They changed the criteria of being a DK in WotLK from being a fallen paladin to just being a hero who was resurrected by the Lich King. The only thing stopping Panderan from being DKs was that we killed the Lich King before Pandaria was uncovered.
    If that is your explanation, which I do believe is true. That means they reconned the criteria for DKs in WOTLK then reconned it again with Pandas. So my point still stands. -

Quote Originally Posted by Sevariel View Post
    Tauren and Draenei 'don't really make sense.' but here we are.. using magic and stuff, casually time traveling. An entire raid can do their job wearing plushy yeti costumes.
    I think it's okay to color outside of the lines a little here..

Aesthetic choices need to be given to players, with both hands. We pay a lot of money to keep participating in this fantasy world, it seems very fair that we should all be allowed the race and class combos we're most happy with, and it all makes sense in the lore at this point.

If humans can be taught to read and use magic, anything is possible. :')
    By that logic, remove every restriction. Let me choose a pool of 5 abilities from another class to my character. As my human warrior, that in my mind is an intellectual on the side, I want to learn 5 abilites from the mage class pool. He can read and has by now taught himself magic. He's also a really good blacksmith and reforged Frostmourne. Give it to me. Give me no limits to my choices.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TristanTaylor View Post
    You have obviously never had a cow sneak up on you.
    I've snuck up on sleeping cows in my town and shouted so they fell and chased me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You forgot that everyone should appear gender neutral.
    I want to customize my undead rogue with night elf ears, blood elf chest and for once just beautiful feet on this guy, please, so tired of the bones. Also I want to Mutilate with two two-handed staffs and wear plate helmets, even though leather.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its 2022 every person of every race should be able to identify as whatever they want. Remove all restrictions, id also like to see nonbinary character pronoun mode.

I'm not playing this game without Tauren rogues so GG blizz lost anutha wun
    "Today and forever I am your better, Arthas." - Illidan Stormrage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Lore has evolved in this game to the point where it makes no sense that a human can't train to be a shaman for example. And why can't a panda be a druid?

Remove the restrictions. Just delete them.
    Void Elf Paladins and Lightforged Warlocks

Mechagnome Druids and Goblin Demon Hunters

Yeah...hard pass

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Lore has evolved in this game to the point where it makes no sense that a human can't train to be a shaman for example. And why can't a panda be a druid?

Remove the restrictions. Just delete them.
    Because they butchered lore already, it justifies them completely butchering it more?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    When WoW goes free-to-play...because then no one will give a damn about the storyline..

- - - Updated - - -

I've never understood goblin-shaman...and quite frankly I never want to.
    The whole spiel of shamans is a give and take business relationship between the shaman and the elements. Goblins fit right in imo.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Im not hater. Im just expressing my opinion.
    Dont be so soft.

I'm not soft, I'm just expressing My hardness.. :P

It's not a bad idea inherently, but the logistics of how many paladin mounts, totems, druid forms, etc. there would suddenly be doled out are the the issue.

Yes.

Let the ever dwindling playerbase have some fun.
    These old, pointless restrictions is only holding the game back.

Give me Undead & Kul Tiran Paladins.

The PC/MC has dispatched the strongest entities in existence and saved the universe dozen of times at this point.
    There shouldn't be any of these silly "imagined" restrictions we couldn't over come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    It's not a bad idea inherently, but the logistics of how many paladin mounts, totems, druid forms, etc. there would suddenly be doled out are the the issue.
    This is honestly the biggest set of hurdles. Shamans, Paladins, Druids, and Demon Hunters all require additional art investment for each new race added. Some can be shared and others can be minor modifications to existing assets but it is still a substantial investment. Not to mention the backlash for perceived "laziness" in design. If Orc druids had the same forms as trolls but in a different color array, people would be pissed.

Personally I would be okay with all race/class combos that weren't specifically against lore. Draenei warlocks being the biggest example.
    Also if I am allowed to make a Forsaken Paladin, I want him to scream ALL THE TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistnectar View Post
    I'm not soft, I'm just expressing My hardness.. :P

You need more.... hardness... mate.

Gnome Shamans and Orc Paladins, make it happen Blizzard. I'll level another Paladin and Shamab if you do!

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Ogre tinkers
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk