Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Race restrictions on classes are just mean. They're more like jobs, yet somehow you're born into or out of them? Okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reanimatez View Post

nahhhh, unless they toss racials or something
    Certainly if they really want to put in the work of making demonic forms for every race, and then somehow make them appear on mardun. But everyone knows what the next dhs are going to be, as they are the only other playable races that were in illidari in tbc.

But until they toss out the illidari starting zones in favor of whatever other bullshit, ya stuck with the limit of the next two races being orc and draenai (until they add naga and satyr).

Outside of demon hunters though... every other class starting experience is the same. It's not vanilla, nothing is sacred anymore. Ffs, they gave a lore reason why dks have every allied race... yet you expect them not to do it with every class and race?

Well yes and no. Yes because it doesnt make sense why any race cant be x class now. (DHS still in the past, until they change it). The only reason why? Is the cosmetic resource reasons: class mounts, shapeshifts, totems, etc. Why pull resources when they can slowly implement them.
    Last edited by Skayth; 2022-04-04 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fazaim View Post
    By that logic, remove every restriction. Let me choose a pool of 5 abilities from another class to my character. As my human warrior, that in my mind is an intellectual on the side, I want to learn 5 abilites from the mage class pool. He can read and has by now taught himself magic. He's also a really good blacksmith and reforged Frostmourne. Give it to me. Give me no limits to my choices.
    - - - Updated - - -
    lmao, this guy understands the assignment. Classes shouldn't be race-locked so he got "THROW THE WHOLE CLASS SYSTEM OUT, WARRIORS WITH FIREBALLS AND DEMONS WHEEE."

People like this vote. /shudder
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-04-05 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Corrected Quote

I'll agree only because I think Humans should be able to be every class.
    Mighty one, never forget.

its like people hate the culture of each race and want everyone to be the same thing.
    how boring.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    You need more.... hardness... mate.
    I'm not your "mate", "Pal".

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Lore has evolved in this game to the point where it makes no sense that a human can't train to be a shaman for example. And why can't a panda be a druid?

Remove the restrictions. Just delete them.
    Absolutely not.
    Mag'har Warlocks and Demon Hunters would literally contradict their Savage Blood racial that makes them Mag'har in the first place.
    They've already took a dump on the lore when they opened Monk and Death Knight to almost every race without any lore or background other than "they were trained/raised".
    Don't encourage them to do more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    ...Orc Priests. (Not Mag'har, I mean regular orc priests)

That is the one class restriction that needs to remain. If it becomes a thing, then that is the final nail in the coffin of WoW's lore.
    What would be the difference between them and the Mag'har? (Shadowmoon Void casters).

Quote Originally Posted by fazaim View Post
    Tauren and Draenei stealthing around with their hoofs makes no sense, mate.
    Actually, Grimtotems can be Rogues and there's a Draenei Rogue named Altair.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    I agree 100%

I want my Draenei Rogue and Draenei Warlock >
    They exist as a Rogue NPC and in Hearthstone.

Quote Originally Posted by ABK Morgan View Post
    Anything that gives us Dwarf Druids im on board with!
    Wildhammer.

Green skinned orcs can't wield the Light because of the Fel Blood in their system.

Mag'har are already in the game as a separate race, aka an Allied Race and they have the option to be priests (though not Paladins.. No idea why.)
    Orcs don't wield the Light. They wield the Void.
    The Light is for gameplay reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Privas View Post
    I want to play Tauren Mage since Cata.
    Leywalker.

You're talking about the ones from AU Draenor. The MU Orcs never tapped into the Light because of the Fel Blood in them.

Mag'har on the other hand can tap into the Light because they haven't been corrupted by Fel.
    They don't. Learn the lore. It's because of the Shadow that they can be Priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Waited for Tauren Rogue for 17 years, so yes please!!!
    Grimtotem.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Blood knights canonically are not paladins
    Do you even know what a Paladin is? A Knight who wields the light.
    In the case of Sunwalkers and Prelates, they are Warriors of faith who call upon the light, albeit a different source of Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    No. I just don't want to see gnome demon hunters or draenei male rogues. Just stop. Holy cows are already more than I can bear xD
    There's already a Draenei Rogue NPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Axaron View Post
    I'm not playing this game without Tauren rogues so GG blizz lost anutha wun
    Probably will come with Grimtotems or something.

Sunwalkers, draenai, dark iron, blood elves do not canonically follow the light. They get their powers from other sources.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Orcs don't wield the Light. They wield the Void.
    The Light is for gameplay reasons.
    Where does it say that the MU Green Orcs have wielded the Void? There's loads of evidence that the AU Mag'har orcs from Shadowmoon used the Void... but I wanna know where the OG Horde said that they used the Void.

This has been the third time I've had to say to this people. I'm not talking about Mag'har, I'm talking about the Green Orcs... the ones that we've known from the beginning.

Where does it say that the MU Green Orcs have wielded the Void? There's loads of evidence that the AU Mag'har orcs from Shadowmoon used the Void... but I wanna know where the OG Horde said that they used the Void.

This has been the third time I've had to say to this people. I'm not talking about Mag'har, I'm talking about the Green Orcs... the ones that we've known from the beginning.
    The Shadowmoon Clan, of course. They existed back on the main universe too. They added all the Void stuff with Chronicles.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Sha...#The_Dark_Star
    They just didn't resume the practice like the Mag'hars under Grommash's behest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    They get their powers from other sources.
    Bloodknights get their power from the light. The ability to source powers from the light with out a moral code is what attracted attention of the Lich King. They drained the light from a captured Naaru and used it. Eventually "following the light" enough to draw upon it themselves when the Sunwell was restored and became a fusion of Arcane and Light.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_of_the_Highborne
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    The Shadowmoon Clan, of course. They existed back on the main universe too. They added all the Void stuff with Chronicles.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Sha...#The_Dark_Star
    They just didn't resume the practice like the Mag'hars under Grommash's behest.
    Then that just confirms that Green Orc Priests are never going to be a thing. If they can't wield the Light because of the green blood, and given that their ancient practice of the void was long abandoned before the rise of the Horde, then it suffices to say that it'll never get explored again.

Secondly, I don't trust a single thing those Chronicle books say, they're one of the reason why people don't trust the lore anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Then that just confirms that Green Orc Priests are never going to be a thing. If they can't wield the Light because of the green blood, and given that their ancient practice of the void was long abandoned before the rise of the Horde, then it suffices to say that it'll never get explored again.
    There has never been anything to say that Demon or Fel corruption blocks the light that I've seen. That it has stopped people from drawing upon it sure but I don't think Blizzard has ever stated if it is a mental block in the person/being or if it is a hard block caused by fel.

We obviously have Blood Elves who were changed by fel corruption able to do so first by force and later by working in "harmony" with the light. Orcs would be similar because the green skin is just the way they manifested the fel corruption. One of the bosses in Magister's Terrace uses the light and is a demon but I'm hesitant to use that as proof because of the limitations of game design. The same for the Dreadlord in Stratholm that used some light powers. It might have just been mechanical limitations and not lore.

Lothraxion might not be a good example given what we learned in Shadowlands of their origins but it is an example of a demon "Transformed" and able to use the light. There really is nothing holding orcs back from using the light other then Blizzard hasn't made it possible and created lore to back it up.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Goblin paladins...omg no.
    I mean... You only need to believe that you can use the light in order to use it, so is not much of a stretch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    I think 2 things are hilarious about people in this thread.

1. The people saying no because of lore. You must not follow lore enough to know that people can learn how to do things over time that they couldn't. Are you really going to argue it's impossible to teach an Undead how to be a Paladin? Especially when they can be a Priest? Or how about the fact that story-wise, most (not all) lore consists of a single Champion (you, the player) and no one else (not the other 15 real people that went into the raid with you). Or how about the fact that story-wise, most (not all) lore consists of a single Champion (you, the player) and no one else (not the other 15 real people that went into the raid with you). Have you joined a group before? You have? Well you're just an anti-lore advocator now aren't you?

2. The people unwilling to differentiate lore and gameplay. 100% of you are laughable. If you spent even 1 second outside of SL content this xpac (going to SW for AH or anything like that), you're a hypocrite. Lore-wise, we cannot leave SL and we're stuck here, as far as we know, indefinitely. We have no created a lore-way to get out of this realm. Maybe get off that high horse that tries to force a gameplay restriction because of "lore". Games don't do that, historically, because when they do, no one wants to play it because it turns out you're just reading a book as all options are stripped from the player. After all, at that point, you're just enacting lore, not creating player choice.
    1. There are some race/class combos that makes sense that they could add, that doesnt mean that everything is permisible. Tauren rogues for example is a no no.
    Also we know from the legion expansion or the npcs talking about "champions" in plural in theccutscenes that there are more than one champion lorewise.

2. This is just an exageration, there is player choice in wow and you know it. Even if is not as much as you would like it to be. If your argument is that people vote with the wallet, then do it and quit the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    I mean... You only need to believe that you can use the light in order to use it, so is not much of a stretch.
    Goblin priests exist so it doesn't even require a stretch. It just requires existing orders to open up membership or a new order be created.

I get that the current selections are supposed to limit based on the themes and culture of the factions that join the horde/alliance. And I used to support that angle.

But now after getting into tabletop games, and playing other MMOs without such restrictions, honestly I feel like they should go. I understand that this would potentially mean needing more art assets for druids/demon hunters etc, but I feel like it's generally better to let people play what they want. If someone wants to play an undead holy priest, or a gnome demon hunter, let them do it and come up with their own backstory if they want for that character. If someone plays a race/class combo you don't like, tough that's their call to make on what to play.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. There are some race/class combos that makes sense that they could add, that doesnt mean that everything is permisible. Tauren rogues for example is a no no.
    There is no reason why a Tauren can't be a rogue. Their size is irrelevant. Their bovine feet are irrelevant. If the armor and outfits of existing rogues work just fine then so to would a Tauren. Most importantly it can just be explained away with "magic" you know the same thing that allows the class to do all of the things they do.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    There is no reason why a Tauren can't be a rogue. Their size is irrelevant. Their bovine feet are irrelevant. If the armor and outfits of existing rogues work just fine then so to would a Tauren. Most importantly it can just be explained away with "magic" you know the same thing that allows the class to do all of the things they do.
    Sorry, but no, its ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I feel like it's generally better to let people play what they want.
    Why should players be limited to only the available races instead of any humanoids ie kobold, quillboar, draconids ad nauseum?

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but no, its ridiculous.
    Why? Pandaren can be rogues and are a similar size. Broken (same feet as draenei) have rogues in lore and can be stealthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Why should players be limited to only the available races instead of any humanoids ie kobold, quillboar, draconids ad nauseum?
    They shouldn't. Which is why allied races are a good thing because it adds variation with out much extra work by Blizzard. Tailoring every armor/weapon model and animations to humanoids that have vastly different shapes is a lot of work. Something that would be a great addition to the game but doesn't seem feasible for Blizzard to actually offer without something else suffering.