Poll: Do you want Player Housing in WoW?

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you want Player Housing in WoW?

Every time a new expansion announcement looms on the horizon, the subject of Player Housing is brought up. Every single time, without fail.

I've personally never seen the appeal of Player Housing, but I may be a bit of an outlier as I detest building even in games that have a large focus on building. I remember when I played Sims 4, I always picked a pre-made house to get into the gameplay quicker. Valheim I actually quit when I realized I had to build a house, and in Minecraft I've always built something really fast (usually in the side of a mountain or underground so I don't have to place as many blocks).

But I'm curious, how many here actually want Player Housing in WoW? And I'd also like to know why, because to me it seems like a strangely anti-social feature to have in an MMO.

EDIT: To everyone asking for a "Neutral" option on the poll, you should keep the following in mind: the addition of Player Housing would come at the cost of other areas of the game suffering as a large chunk of their time and resources would be invested into this feature. So when you say your opinion is "Neutral" on the matter, you might as well reword it to "I don't care about losing out on cool shit in the game if it means we get housing", which means your answer on the poll might as well be "Yes" since you don't care about the massive content trade-off that Player Housing comes with.
    Last edited by ercarp; 2022-04-08 at 09:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they do it right then sure. I doubt that they will do it right so that's a waste and no.

As a practical thing, they should just rework and revamp garrisons, add racial architectural elements (all of which are already to be found in art assets), add a crapton of additional space so that your garrison can become a medium size town/base, and build a deep, nearly infinite, layer of customization on what's already there.

FWIW, I still use my Alliance garrison for the auction house, some professions and a nice place to park Alliance alts. I'm much less interested in the Horde garrison but could be a lot more if I could build it around Blood Elf architecture.

In any case, I don't know that housing will be in the next expansion. Personally believe that the Dragonsoul "leak" from February just randomly got the name right. I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks.

If they don't want to build on top of the garrison code and start fresh then I don't think it will either start or end all that well.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would I like it? Sure.

Would I use it? Maybe.

Do I think Blizz would invest that kind of resources after 18 years of vehemently saying they would never do it? No.

Honestly though? I'd rather they clean up the Garrison (non-mission table) system and give us something more like "Base Management."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I can understand not caring for it, but why would anyone be against it? It would only be cosmetic and it taking people out of the world is a) not an issue with the current game and b) not even relevant.

It's a perfect side system that compliments achievements, giving much more meaning to otherwise pointless and tedious grinds as they offer new cosmetics to decorate with.

For me it's in the top 3 things I want in the game; But that's from a completionists PoV (where my number 1 is having every class available on 1 character similarly to FFXIV; Importantly giving us true account bound gameplay).
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2022-04-06 at 09:27 PM.

Without allowing a whole lot of customization, it'd be super worthless, and Blizzard really hates customization. They pretty much had to be dragged over coals to allow something like transmogging, and I feel in the face of no competition at the time, they probably would just have not done it.

Nevermind how they add things for one expansion and then entirely discard them. They'd 100% do that if they had player housing. It'd just be garrisons all over again. Super half baked and then tossed in the trash next expansion.

I'd love player housing, I just don't think it's something Blizzard is capable of doing right, or even at a level that it'd be worth engaging in.

It would be nice. But it's not exactly something that's really going to sully any thoughts I might have on Dragonflight if it's announced and housing isn't on the docket of upcoming features.

Only if I can have a personal Necropolis. Otherwise I'm not interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

I'd love to have player housing if its done well, but Blizzard always manages to screw things up.

I wish you would of put an indifferent response.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am absolutely in favor of Player Housing in WoW.

Part of what I enjoy about playing MMOs is the amount of customization I can give to my character both on the character level & in the world at large. In a game with proper player housing, that customization is something I can really enhance to make a part of the world my own. A trophy for AotC or Cutting Edge is a far greater incentive to complete content than a title is, it gives me a way to relive the memories of that kill right in front of me. A house allows me to better show off who my character is in Azeroth & what the sum of their experiences is, not to mention how nice it is to have people over for an RP event should I choose. The reward types increase as well when you can give some sort of wall hanging or chair or the like from a zone rather than throwing another mount/pet onto a collection that's already 450+. Not to mention how mentally satisfying it is to be able to bring my adventurer home after a long day of questing & the like.

Don't really care, personally.

I get it's a much-requested feature, but it was never something of particular appeal to me.

Give it to people, I say. Stuff to do. Won't bring me back, but that's fine. Other people count, too.

Would be cool if it's done right. And after all these years the player character still doesn't have a home? About time that was fixed.

I realy don't care

10+ Year Old Account
    Zones that are even more disconnected from the open world? No thank you. WoW needs to get rid of those kinda areas. Garrison, WM On/OFF, Quest phasing. Please stop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

No, because it would be useless. Since longboi came to life there would be not a single thing that makes housing worthwhile because blizz won't de-value their $600 mount by giving everyone a personal AH.

Also, it would be all wasted resources if they'd waste any time on new assets solely for housing. The valuable art team time is better used elsewhere.

That being said, without personal AH, bank and short (better yet) 0 cooldown hearthstone to your house, is housing in general a waste of development time.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdan View Post
    I realy don't care
    Guess I'll be that guy and make the joke: You cared enough to post about it.
    Actually you cared enough to make an account and used your very first post to post about it.

Truth is that even if Blizzard did go along with it they would put basically no effort into it because it isnt a raid..

Nah. I don't need a place in WoW to be alone at.

Now Guild Housing on the other hand...

7+ Year Old Account
    I spent many hours working on my stronghold in swtor so i would love something like that in wow.

Class halls >>>> player housing.