Poll: Do you want Player Housing in WoW?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think it's interesting how many people refuse to believe that WoW doesn't already have player housing.

I'd love Guild Housing even more. When I do my Mission Table, I'd love to see my guildies in the same building.

But yeah, I'd love player housing. Heck, team it up with Guild Halls, and let the Guild Hall get decorated in all the assets individual members have unlocked for their house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Every time a new expansion announcement looms on the horizon, the subject of Player Housing is brought up. Every single time, without fail.

I've personally never seen the appeal of Player Housing, but I may be a bit of an outlier as I detest building even in games that have a large focus on building. I remember when I played Sims 4, I always picked a pre-made house to get into the gameplay quicker. Valheim I actually quit when I realized I had to build a house, and in Minecraft I've always built something really fast (usually in the side of a mountain or underground so I don't have to place as many blocks).

But I'm curious, how many here actually want Player Housing in WoW? And I'd also like to know why, because to me it seems like a strangely anti-social feature to have in an MMO.
    Yes, I want player housing in WoW, or even guild housing.

And I want achievements connected to it, rewards earned through questing and questlines, rewards earned through other content, but also to have the ability to place it in more than one place, and of course, the ability to decore and furnish after own choice. I know it sounds almost like the Garrison, but they were going the right way with it, just needed to do a bit more for it.

And if people whine that they feel forced to do it because of some achievement or special items (cosmetics etc), then they can go F themselves.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm neither for nor against it. For those that want it, great. For those that don't, also great. If it happens, then I might use it, but I hardly even used the garrison when it was there and new.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I can understand not caring for it, but why would anyone be against it? It would only be cosmetic and it taking people out of the world is a) not an issue with the current game and b) not even relevant.
    Pretty simple. If they sink a ton of time and resources into Player Housing, other areas of the game will suffer. And cosmetics are a large part of the game, so that's not really a good counter-argument.

Not enough options to poll. I have no interest in housing but like SWTOR I won't mind selling junk to people who want to decorate.

IF they do it right, player housing will be a significant addition to WoW. I'd like to say it may even draw more people to WoW. If they don't do it right, then it will flop.

I view the farm, the garrison and even class halls as stepping stones as they don't really qualify as player housing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Not enough options to poll. I have no interest in housing but like SWTOR I won't mind selling junk to people who want to decorate.
    It's a yes or no question. If you have no opinion on it, then just don't vote. But most people should be able to tell if it's something they actually want in the game or not.

Housing has been and still is one of my most favorite features in MMOs. Lord of the Rings Online, Wildstar, Final Fantasy 14, (hopefully soonish Palia) and so forth. I liked the farm in Mist of Pandaria and always wished they would have done more with it. The garrisons were a step in some direction but not the right direction; I really didn't like my garrisons, Alliance or Horde because it was too limited. Freedom of placement is key in making such a feature enjoyable.

Every expansion I keep my fingers crossed, hoping Blizzard will finally offer proper player housing. It's been a disappointment each time. Not enough for me to say "I won't play if there's no housing" but still a disappointment.

People love customization, be it appearance, gear or skills. It doesn't hurt to add more customization to the game and housing could be part of it.

If you have no opinion on it, then just don't vote.
    Why I didn't.

But I'm curious, how many here actually want Player Housing in WoW? And I'd also like to know why, because to me it seems like a strangely anti-social feature to have in an MMO.
    One thousand percent, yes.

And the way I envisioned it, it's the opposite of anti-social. Legitimately every form of content can and should reward something towards Player Housing.

That means all forms of PvE and PvP as well as other activities such as Professions, Exploration, Pet Battling, Collecting, etc.

It would give new and further incentives to revisit everything in the game again, even if you have over 36,000 achievement points. You see it said time and time again, how old content in WoW is dead and going to waste. This turns one of WoW's biggest weaknesses into one of its greatest strengths.

Then you make lots of furniture crafts, architectural styles, housing locations, flora/fauna, paints, dyes, etc. as Bind on Equip, and you've just massively reinvigorated the entire economy.

I think it's one of the very few ideas out there, along with my Player-created Content idea that would breathe lots of new life into the game and bring back a large portion of its former players.

I feel like they would just make it something like Garrisons and a lot of people seemed to hate that but I can't imagine them having just Player housing... they would have to make some system or dailies or something within it.

I just want an evergreen player housing system that is expansion agnostic. Something that can be built upon with new rewards. Let me display trophies, boss kills, legendary weapons, item sets. An achievement system except realized in game instead of a menu.

Keep it on Azeroth, have a few plots scattered through a variety of zones. Something we will come back to for years.

Keep it 100%, no bank, auction house, vendors, resource nodes, free of all that shit.

YEs please, customizable chill grounds to gather with squad/guildies is really nice.. a lot of us like to 'live in the world' and feel like we can contribute something to a common area to vibe with our friends... my ffxiv guild house is LIT with people chillin between exploring content and we have so much fun do whatever / vibing in a common area we collaborated in decorating. 80% of our in-game time is spent here playing together and checking our market board games. its nice and wow could use more friend-friendly hub options like this

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Class halls >>>> player housing.
    Found the Rogue, Mage, Druid, or Paladin.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Maybe, as long as it's not as garbage as the FFXIV housing system.

Hard yes, the customization options of FF14, only affordable to all, and open to all. Improve on the designing part so it's easier to build and place things. Go all in and have my alts on the server be house guests would be a cool option, even send alts on missions like companions. It's by far my most requested/desired feature. If I recall the old instance portal in Stormwind (old town?) was going to be to a housing district.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    What is anti-social is not giving players a place to be alone if that's what they need to be. A home, a place to call your own, is a basic need. This argument about housing being anti-social in an MMO implies that it's bad to be alone in an MMO and that you should always have someone around. The real-honest-to-fuck truth about this is that people that spend all of their time in housing in an online game are there because they want or need to be. They may very much want to be able to talk with friends, acquaintances, or go out and do social things but they want to do it on their terms not because the game is forever forcing them to be "social" with complete strangers that you've never seen before and likely never will again.

Blizzard could do much more to support social play. They need to incentivize social guilds and communities, not put the structure for that out there and then essentially abandon it. Guild housing can certainly be a piece of that. Clubs and guilds need a base (or a home) as well. And as much as it can be in a virtual game, it should be a meta-physical place that can be fixed up to their liking.

But if people want a place to retreat to in game to work on professions, or to just hang out in chat or on discord, they should have a spot they can call their own. That's what home is.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

For one thing, player housing needs to have minimal utility. I say that because Garrison is what happens you give a player TOO MUCH utility and every amenity they need in one location. It was basically the equivalent of a pocket major city but solely made for that specific player. You don't need to go to Warspear or Stormshield because the Garrison has EVERYTHING.

Secondly, player housing can't just be tailor made to the individual or else they'll close themselves off from the rest of the game world (unless they build a profession where they need to get trees and lumber to make furniture.. a reason to leave the house instead of staying there.) or just make Guild Houses that anyone within the guild could decorate and turn it into an official base of operations.. it could be instanced and could up to 40 people (20 people in case 40 people causes framerate drops or lagging.)

Lastly... if bosses drop blueprints for furnitures or they drop furnitures themselves, THEY NEED THEIR OWN SEPARATE LOOT TABLE! I don't want to run through a dungeon or raid only to walk out with some fancy looking chair that I'll never use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    What is anti-social is not giving players a place to be alone if that's what they need to be. A home, a place to call your own, is a basic need. This argument about housing being anti-social in an MMO implies that it's bad to be alone in an MMO and that you should always have someone around. The real-honest-to-fuck truth about this is that people that spend all of their time in housing in an online game are there because they want or need to be. They may very much want to be able to talk with friends, acquaintances, or go out and do social things but they want to do it on their terms not because the game is forever forcing them to be "social" with complete strangers that you've never seen before and likely never will again.

Blizzard could do much more to support social play. They need to incentivize social guilds and communities, not put the structure for that out there and then essentially abandon it. Guild housing can certainly be a piece of that. Clubs and guilds need a base (or a home) as well. And as much as it can be in a virtual game, it should be a meta-physical place that can be fixed up to their liking.

But if people want a place to retreat to in game to work on professions, or to just hang out in chat or on discord, they should have a spot they can call their own. That's what home is.
    You may wanna include the fact that, player housing is one of the main reasons why games like Animal Crossing became so popular.

While I do love player housing in MMOs my primary concern in a game is to have fun. I have no doubts that Blizzard would find a way to, yet again, suck all the fun out of something by catering it solely to the top 1% that Mythic raids/M+20s/Rated Arenas, only allowing them to have anything worthwhile. They'd likely also kill the fun in just other general ways because all Blizzard understands is making things competitive.