Page 1 of 3
LastLast

This is really suspicious to me.

It's so suspicious to me how when Wrathion is finally about to star in an expansion, they have Anduin take a vacation in the maw... hmmm.
    change can't wait.

Uh, I don't follow. What exactly are you 'suspicious' of, and why?

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    they going to have a quickie in the maw.

Conspiracy theory that Blizz won’t let Anduin and Wrathion be gay.

Despite there being a large chance that Anduin is coming back to Azeroth (just not as King) so they can interact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypester View Post
    Conspiracy theory that Blizz won’t let Anduin and Wrathion be gay.

Despite there being a large chance that Anduin is coming back to Azeroth (just not as King) so they can interact.
    Just not as king? you mean as GOD!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

As moronic as this was orginally as a concept the idea that you think don't say Taiwan blizzard is gonna have lgbt main characters...

The best you can ever hope for is some hidden npc with one or two lines of text then can easily censor.

The implication is, I believe, that they separated them because they're commonly shipped and Blizzard is probably too cowardly to give their biggest marquee character anything but a case of the Not-Gays.

I think it's kind of a shame. I don't "ship," I don't think they are anything necessarily but vitriolic friends, but I found their dynamic in Mists a lot of fun and a conniving and ambitious schemer is a cute counterpoint for a goodboi, especially when you consider they're both strongly defined by their youth.

That being said, that's assuming competent authorship. Present Anduin is doomed to most likely fix and completely warp him to the Right Path™. He needs to fuck off for a bit due to overexposure alone regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    It's so suspicious to me how when Wrathion is finally about to star in an expansion, they have Anduin take a vacation in the maw... hmmm.
    Can you like, flesh out your suspicions a bit more? For, we don't know how long, and unlike Sylvanas, Anduin gets to leave again. And if you were one of the shippers, I have a feeling Anduin's wrath and a punch sorta removed the smug feeling Wrathion had of walking straight in like he owned the place.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I feel bad for people who automatically think Anduin and Wrathion are gay, have you never had a good friend of the same sex before? There are zero gay overtones between the two outside of fan fiction.

Before someone has a fit, I don't care if wow is filled with gay characters, but there is nothing here to suggest they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    As moronic as this was orginally as a concept the idea that you think don't say Taiwan blizzard is gonna have lgbt main characters...

The best you can ever hope for is some hidden npc with one or two lines of text then can easily censor.
    There are already examples in-game that only prove you half-right.

The new god of the Shadowlands is a trans man.

“Overtly gay” maybe not, but LGBTQ+ characters will definitely appear more.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    There are already examples in-game that only prove you half-right.
    Like that one far out enchanting trainer quest giver in legion and that one transgender kyrian blue person?

Anytime a major corporation talks about diversity it's a marketing point nothing more nothing less. It isnt profitable so it's being removed from most media now.

Like that Chinese character in love with a black guy in star wars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hypester View Post
    The new god of the Shadowlands is a trans man.

“Overtly gay” maybe not, but LGBTQ+ characters will definitely appear more.
    Like I said if they can hide it in some small text box sure.

Like that one far out enchanting trainer quest giver in legion and that one transgender kyrian blue person?

Anytime a major corporation talks about diversity it's a marketing point nothing more nothing less. It isnt profitable so it's being removed from most media now.

Like that Chinese character in love with a black guy in star wars.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said if they can hide it in some small text box sure.
    I said you were half-right. The other examples, which you seem to have forgotten, are not main npcs but are also not out of the way or "hidden".

Okay so even if we strap on the 10 layer tinfoil hat for a brief moment and even assume for but a second that "this" is the reason why Anduin is staying in the maw, you know, jus to keep him and Wrathion separated... It would not be surprising AT ALL since China still has a titanium-chain hold on this game as they do with most games now a day. This would not fly over with the CCP so naturally they would not add it.

And before anyone goes haywire telling me about how there already is things going against the CCP's list of "This can't be in games we basically run now" in Shadowlands: There is a notable difference between a "Joe Nobody NPC that the community barely noticed" and two major lore characters. One of which may be seen A LOT if the next expansion is indeed all about Dragons.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

While Wrathion/Andui friendship did have some... undertones at times i don't think Blizzard intended them to be together ever.

Blizz will never have a major gay character in their game or the will but it will never be acknowledged directly in game. (hint: China)

Look at Flynn and Shaw. I think the book really had an intersting story and they fit well. But it just gets glossed over in the game. And both characters got banished to second hand media.
    Blizzard tries to ignore romance and relationships in general tbh. And i am quite happy they do. Look at the ones that are portrayed in game.

You have.... Malfurion/Tyrande. I am not even sure they interact much ingame other than when he gets captured by SatyrBoy.
    Jainas relationship got literally bombed.
    Thrall. Well... she is somewhere and we got the wierd wedding thingy.

I think that is it for bigger characters.

That being said characters in wow are not asexual so if wrathion turns out to be gay but anduin is not. Good for them. You don't have to bonk anyone just because he preferes the tail of the dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I said you were half-right. The other examples, which you seem to have forgotten, are not main npcs but are also not out of the way or "hidden".
    Did they contain more then one dialogue?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why would blizzard care at all about who people ship? They have been ignoring such people since WC3 they won’t start making changes to avoid them now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    Okay so even if we strap on the 10 layer tinfoil hat for a brief moment and even assume for but a second that "this" is the reason why Anduin is staying in the maw, you know, jus to keep him and Wrathion separated... It would not be surprising AT ALL since China still has a titanium-chain hold on this game as they do with most games now a day. This would not fly over with the CCP so naturally they would not add it.

And before anyone goes haywire telling me about how there already is things going against the CCP's list of "This can't be in games we basically run now" in Shadowlands: There is a notable difference between a "Joe Nobody NPC that the community barely noticed" and two major lore characters. One of which may be seen A LOT if the next expansion is indeed all about Dragons.
    They already made Cromie trans and she’s also a character that would be of important in an all dragon expan as the most used character of the bronzes.

They aren’t limiting what they put in game based on China they just put it in any way then Change/remove it from the Chinese's version.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Just not as king? you mean as GOD!?
    fck you I spitted my tea all over my keyboard man...

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post

They already made Cromie trans and she’s also a character that would be of important in an all dragon expan as the most used character of the bronzes.

They aren’t limiting what they put in game based on China they just put it in any way then Change/remove it from the Chinese's version.
    I know about Chromie but:

A: How many major appearances has Chromie had? Sure they are a well liked NPC but it's not like we ever interacted with them as much as we have done to any of the other "Major Dragon characters"

B: It's one thing to have a character identify as X since that is something that does not really need to be brought up in dialogues and for the China version it would be easy to just work around. But Blizz does have a track record of not including "the greater details" in-game. Like why was Shaw x Flynn never brought up in universe? For being a game where it seems like they are TRYING to make you care about their characters, there sure is a lot of details they leave out of the game and shove into "Optional side content" like books / comics or some details which is not even confirmed in-game; they have just been confirmed on twitter.

Again, my tin foil hat is not entirely on regarding this but you can't really deny that Blizzard has a habit of keeping the greater details surrounding characters out of the core game.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

They already established that Anduin is straight. Multiple times