Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

I want to see world, which has progressed. renewed zones, using phasing system. after we finish whatever we did there, new quests appear for max level players

tell newer stories, how previous ones evolved, did cities increase in size? did threats ceased to exist? what new threats appear, be it criminals, Legion remains in Twilight Highlands, or Kun Lai, and so on

these global threats are pretty boring

Disorder without a doubt.

How they relate to Sargeras and how Blizzard make a chaotic hierarchy offers alot of story threads

Edit: So long they aren't just a copy-pasted Warhammer Chaos gods.
    Last edited by Wonderment2; 2022-04-10 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mwj1995 View Post
    Each plane having a pantheon is so freaking lame man, the titans should have been THE pantheon.
    I dunno, the hyper focus on Titans was a bad call too imo
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    I don’t think there are pantheons of void, light, order, and disorder. I think there’s a pantheon of life, and a pantheon of death. I think void, light, order and disorder are just the “in-between” of life and death, with the first ones constructing the cycles of life and death within the realms of void, light, order and disorder.

I think the creatures borne from these 4 realms are just natural occurrences, things that existed before even the first ones.
    The titans are already called the Pantheon of Order in the Shadowlands lore book. So seems it's all of them.

Void Lords for sure. As long as they do them gradually as they did with the titans. However, I don't think there's enough time to really build them up as they did with the Titans.

As for people dumping on 'cosmic stuff'... its been in WoW since vanilla. Titans are 'cosmic stuff'. Sure they bungled the pantheon of Death but I think that has more to do with our expectations of the afterlife.

Death was probably the wrong realm to expand cosmic stuff right now. But Light, Order, Disorder, Chaos... these has been within standard WoW lore and quests all the way back to Vanilla.. WC3 even. Cosmic stuff IS WoW.

What so you wanna do...collect bear asses all day? If we have no faction fighting..and no cosmic based stuff...then we're left with helping Jim father his carrots and slay spiders.

...There shouldn't be a pantheon for each one. There should only be the Titan Pantheon.

And I don't want us to keep fighting god after god... I know it's normal for an RPG to end with the main character(s) having to fight a god that doesn't know mortal understandings.. but we did it for the past 3 expansions now and already our player character is turning into bigger Mary Sues than the actual ones like Med'an.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I'd much rather be on Azeroth than on another planet or realm for a whole expansion. Azeroth is much more interesting than places like Outland/Draenor which had potential but they squandered it each time by looping it back to Azeroth. Even Shadowlands hammers in just how special Azeroth is while devaluing itself and making it a much more boring realm than our own.

At least Argus or the Molten Front was kept contained into one whole patch and didn't just make whole expansions about them with pointless filibuster zones that don't add to the plot or just make the worldbuilding a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    At least Argus or the Molten Front was kept contained into one whole patch and didn't just make whole expansions about them with pointless filibuster zones that don't add to the plot or just make the worldbuilding a joke.
    You don't consider the Eletmental Planes to be "Azeroth"?

They might not be literally on Azeroth but their basically inseparable from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    You don't consider the Eletmental Planes to be "Azeroth"?

They might not be literally on Azeroth but their basically inseparable from it.
    Those might be fine, but as long as they don't overstay their welcome. Like... making an Emerald Dream expansion is something they've stated would be too difficult to pull off... but an Emerald Dream Patch is something much more manageable than a full expansion.

I don't know how to describe this feeling I get when I'm in places like Draenor, Outland or Shadowlands... but it kinda feels like home-sickness. It sounds weird, but any time they announce an expansion and say "We're going to a whole new world and we don't have any means of returning back to Azeroth. We're stuck here!" and then lorewise you wonder just how much time will pass on Azeroth or if another disaster occurs while we've been away.

And it gets at its worst with Shadowlands when not only do we have a giant sword stabbing the planet, but the planet's own blood is spilling out and people are mining it as a resource... meanwhile you've got the Forsaken suffering from an identity crisis with Sylvanas gone.. and on top of it all, they throw in a Zombie Apocalypse... and they wanna brush ALL that aside for helping a bunch of pixies in the afterlife put on a play and to remind us that all these things happened and are still happening?

10+ Year Old Account
    As others have said absolutely none of it, I still think it was daft to reveal the 'Void Lords' as the 'biggest bad of WoW' especially in a lore book instead of a well set up transition of dangers through natural story progression in-game not to mention it being done when it was entirely irrelevant to the game's story on top of it being equally dumb to dump the Old God's goal of making a Dark Titan in the same book instead of letting us discover that during a future N'zoth focused expansion. The current cosmic bs has just made everything vastly more cookie cutter and dumbed down for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't really care honestly, but I'm not against it either.

Blizzard needed to centralize a lot of the lore since especially on the cosmic level it was becoming a bit of a mess. By doing a soft reset with the First Ones, they can leave the First Ones as a mystery now and use the rest for expansions.
    I'd argue they've already messed up that mystery by having the whole Pantheon of Death act like you'd have to be stupid to not know who the First Ones are or to go against them or their orders (even though we've never actually had that explained to us by them what they meant other than they at least believe they are not allowed to go to one place) and by having us go to one of the literal factories of this supposed 'mystery' only for the big reveal to be everything is pretty much a robot of some kind of their design. Granted we don't know why they created a whole bunch of robots to populate the universe almost in a mirror of when we were in the dark about why the Titans went around ordering planets but it kinda devalues the mystery when you realise they were able to not only able to predict that their robots would go wrong at some point but didn't really put much effort into creating safeguards against that while also making all their robots some moral alignment of stupid.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I don't want any pantheons to be explored. Keep the past unexplored and mysterious.

World of Warcraft's lore felt vast and mysterious way back when you didnt know everything, when you had only heard whispers about a group called "the Titans" and they were some big force in the past, and that was it. That sense of grandeur and history faded away as the Titans and their era were increasingly fleshed out to the point that we knew literally everything that happened. Blizzard should never have allowed the players to kill Aggrammar or Argus by whacking their ankles. At least they had the decency to have the other titans deal with Sargeras rather than having him be dumbed down and killed by players as well. Likewise, Elune should have never been depicted as a character in Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    ...There shouldn't be a pantheon for each one. There should only be the Titan Pantheon.
    Also this. The Titans should have been the only pantheon. That is what made them unique. Adding other pantheons diluted what made the titans unique. But NuBlizzard only knows how to rehash the same story over and over again rather than creating new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Also this. The Titans should have been the only pantheon. That is what made them unique. Adding other pantheons diluted what made the titans unique. But NuBlizzard only knows how to rehash the same story over and over again rather than creating new ones.
    I give the Dragon Aspects storyline a pass compared to the Legion or the Eternals. They did give up a portion of their power and instead of us being the one who saves the day, it was just Thrall since it was pretty much his story.

And the thing is, this whole cosmology stuff wasn't brought into question until Ion Hazzikostas took over as the Lead Game Director.. or until Danuser took over. So it's either one of those two that are pushing for this cosmos stuff. (Personally, I think it's Ion's idea since he wants to increase the threat level of each expansion baddy. So we're stuck in a perpetual power creep gain and have to fight a big bad that is even more powerful than the last... We're getting close to Dragon Ball Super territory where we might have to fight the Multi-verse.)

I'd just as soon return to the Wild Gods, and the August Celestials.

Void would be interesting.
    I want to see what they come up with.

Hopefully none.

What I would like is if the other pantheon have fought till all that is left now are ruins and rumors of past glories. Elude has long been dead but trapped without a vessel to return to life sort of thing. Same with void, light, and disorder. Maybe one great champion from each pantheon, trying to get Azeroth and its champion to join them in toppling the other pantheons

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    None. This stuff is good for consistency in world building - demystifying it with the main narrative is never a good choice and actually reduces the scope of the fictional universe.
    Exactly this.

I would have replied "Void Pantheon" if we really have to meet any, but I don't want the Void Lords (or whatever they are) to be about "we wanted to unify the cosmos blablabla", I'd like to see them as complete pricks wanting to fuck over everything just for the lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by SR84 View Post
    As for people dumping on 'cosmic stuff'... its been in WoW since vanilla. Titans are 'cosmic stuff'. Sure they bungled the pantheon of Death but I think that has more to do with our expectations of the afterlife.
    There is a difference between "we vaguely knew Titans existed and has some sort of superpowers" and "I shook hands with Norgannon after we defeated Aggramar without external help, we went drinking in Valheim afterwards, pretty cool guy".

Same applies to Shadowlands. That the afterlives exist ? Yeah, we knew, it was part of the cosmology. That we literally go in and out at will, visiting as if we visited Lordaeron, witnessing the very fabrics of existence ? That's too much. Especially when every "god" down there is finally nothing but a moron that needs external help to fix anything.

Meeting Gods is OK as long as they remain Gods and not pitiful beings that need our help for literally anything.

I mean, that was neat imo. We shouldn't go deeper in our interactions with godlike beings

Last edited by Ophenia; 2022-04-12 at 08:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    To be honest? None of them.
    This is how I feel as well. The only Pantheon that ever made sense to me were the Titans; everything else they've shown us has been very un-Warcraft, and I don't like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post

There is a difference between "we vaguely knew Titans existed and has some sort of superpowers" and "I shook hands with Norgannon after we defeated Aggramar without external help, we went drinking in Valheim afterwards, pretty cool guy".

Same applies to Shadowlands. That the afterlives exist ? Yeah, we knew, it was part of the cosmology. That we literally go in and out at will, visiting as if we visited Lordaeron, witnessing the very fabrics of existence ? That's too much. Especially when every "god" down there is finally nothing but a moron that needs external help to fix anything.

Meeting Gods is OK as long as they remain Gods and not pitiful beings that need our help for literally anything.

Are you really surprised that the Gods are inept idiots? They've faced almost no adversity in their life...they are used to things working exactly how they want. Our own history, religions, myths show how useless and petty the gods we've created actually are.

So...in fact... the gods of Warcraft...are an exact replica of the gods we've created in our own reality.

Sorry about the disappointment at meeting the Gods but I assure you its about as real as a response as you'd have.

None, I prefer us to return to our roots as random ass adeventures then the "Chosen one as foretold in the scrolls"

The only ones I don't care about is Elune and the Life side of beings.
    They seems boring and rather predictable.

However, the rest? Very interesting:
    I would see the Light Pantheon as completely fucking tyrannically evil in their quest to overtake everything.
    Kinda the same with the Void Lords, but I think the Void Lords would actually be more chill and manipulative than just straight up mind control.
    Lastly, if not even meet them, but know who the Fel/Disorder Pantheon was/were and what the fck they were doing all this time. I premuse the answer will either be: A) the Titans killed them cuz "disorder is bad" or B) Sargeras killed them after he turned on his kin to rule Twisting Nether or whatev.