Poll: Do you want Dark Rangers?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Again with the 'should'. What you think they should is not what they do in reality.
    What's wrong with expressing my opinion? That is the point of discussion no?

You compare Thrall to the situation? He can't bring a new class into the table, he isn't reincarnated nor redeemed. He's just there to be a token character. Like the rest of the gang (Baine, Bolvar, Jaina).
    That's regardless of the point though. Characters aren't brought into the story for the sole purpose of bringing any class to the table. Like honestly speaking, what does Chen have to do with the Monk Class? Nothing. He wasn't the one who introduced Monks to the Alliance and Horde, and wouldn't have been necessary for that at all.

So if we're talking about Sylvanas, Tyrande and Vol'jin, we're literally just talking about them as characters. Whether they get more story or not is merely fan service and Blizzard's own interest in furthering their stories. It has nothing to do with a new classes becoming playable. Like you said, Thrall doesn't introduce a new class. Well neither did Chen, Arthas or Illidan. We have DK's, Monks and DH playable for very different reasons that aren't solely tied to major lore characters.

If you think they would resurrect Vol'jin or redeem Sylvanas just so they can deliver some lines, you are mistaken.
    They would ressurect or redeem them to further their character stories, that's it. Same with Thrall being brought back into the story. What is his real purpose? Not much, I can tell you that.

I don't know beyond 13.0.
    But, since TBC and Cataclysm didn't add a new class, we know that Legion and Dragonflight will.
    To be honest, we don't know beyond 10.0 either. We're all equally speculating on anything after Dragon Isles.

Like, what if they decide 11.0 will have 3 new 'Allied Classes'? Or Hero Talents that provide existing classes some options to expand into an actual Hero concept? Patterns only work so far until Blizzard decides to completely change up their systems. Just look at how Races stopped following any tangible pattern. Would 11.0 have No new races? Or more Allied Races? Or 1 new race? No one would really know, and Race patterns are practically meaningless moving forward.

I get that. But, does it mean that the recent forum talk about a Dragon class is what soldified Evoker as the new class?
    Who says anything about forum talk solidifying into a new class? I'm talking about people being able to realistically speculate a Dragon-themed class whereas people using patterns like you would have completely dismissed them as ever being an option. Patterns told us Dragon themed class was never in Warcraft 3, right? Clearly, those patterns are wrong. What worked instead? Speculation on the upcoming story and setting possibilities, and connecting a Class to it.

With Blizzard's new lazy approach, a Tinker class would have been a 2 spec class as well.
    You think it could have been better, but the fact is that we don't know.
    There's a big gap between what you and i envision and what Blizzard is envisioning.
    Yet here you are arguing for a 3-spec Ranger/Dark Ranger class?

Mojo Stormstout?
    By that standard, Tinkers should be playable as well:
    "On April 1, 2004 Blizzard Entertainment announced the goblin tinker as a new neutral hero, that would be available in the next patch. A day later, Blizzard revealed that the tinker was merely an April Fools’ joke. However, the tinker became subject to many forum posts and petitions that wanted the tinker to be a playable hero. On April 14, Blizzard announced the tinker to be added in patch 1.15."
    If Gnomes and Goblins were not so universally unpopular and the concept wasn't so silly, sure. As I said, if you're going to take Popularity out of the equation, then yes, Tinker would be easily on the short list. The reality is that popularity IS a factor, one which heavily affects the reason why we don't have a Tinker class already.

Is it? Any statement that they were intending but gave up on it?
    If you aren't willing to actually look into stuff we're talking about, then it doesn't matter if there is or isn't. Like, I asked you multiple times, have you read the Sylvanas Novel? Have you read through the entire Danuser twitter interview? No? Then no point asking for proof when you're only interested in confirming your own bias rather than objectively assessing the situation in a logical way. The fact that Danuser did not outright deny Dark Ranger as a customization option is very telling of what they actually think about it. They could have easily said something like 'We have no plans right now for Dark Rangers' and they didn't. He literally humors it being possible as a customization.

- edit -

Looks like it's confirmed. Do you now see the actual connections between this and the evidence I pointed out? Novel. Interviews. Datamines. All pointed at this one customization event which was very clearly being hinted at.

Like the new Warcraft mobile game. *disgust*
    This is definitely not the old Blizzard.
    TBH, I don't care much about the mobile game, but I don't see it being bad at all. I just see it as another side thing like Hearthstone.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-01 at 12:52 AM.

Welp.

Theyre confirmed.

Note: This is an elf customization, not specifically blood elf. Presumably Forsaken Night Elves are going to be a thing, but through a customization option instead of allied race? Weird. Youd think theyd get forsaken racials.

About time.

Any further news on this? Is this merely red eyes and a title or are they doing something more?

Curious which 'Elf' will get these customizations. Just Blood Elf, or Void and Night Elf versions as well?

Oh, and in before 'These aren't real Dark Rangers' lol
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-01 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    About time.

Any further news on this? Is this merely red eyes and a title or are they doing something more?

Curious which 'Elf' will get these customizations. Just Blood Elf, or Void and Night Elf versions as well?
    There is also a hunter only armor set

https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-dar...h-9-2-5-327217

LET'S FUCKINGG GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...!!!!!

MODSSS Could you change the title of the thread please?? <3333
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    LET'S FUCKINGG GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...!!!!!

MODSSS Could you change the title of the thread please?? <3333
    Wait, we yet to hear to what kind of "ELFs" its special outfit, all elfs? only BE? is there gonna be undead elfs? basic undead hunters can't get it?....+40 pages of shittalk
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Cooooollll....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Wait, we yet to hear to what kind of "ELFs" its special outfit, all elfs? only BE? is there gonna be undead elfs? basic undead hunters can't get it?....+40 pages of shittalk
    All hunters get the mog, night elves and blood elves get the customization?

Can someone please upload the new customisation instead of typing here?

Haaaaaaaaaahahahahaahahahahahahahhhaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahha
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post

Cooooollll....

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. All hunters get the mog. Night, blood, AND void get the customization. Sorry nightborne.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post

Cooooollll....

- - - Updated - - -

Sooo Undead hunter goes with costume but without red eyes? LMAO (i can already feel power of Nightborne memes.... elfs that was forgotten)
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Sooo Undead hunter goes with costume but without red eyes? LMAO (i can already feel power of Nightborne memes.... elfs that was forgotten)
    What? Undead can already have red eyes.

- edit -

Looks like it's confirmed. Do you now see the actual connections between this and the evidence I pointed out? Novel. Interviews. Datamines. All pointed at this one customization event which was very clearly being hinted at.

*snip*
    These are official Dark Ranger customizations in the game. Not mere transmogs. You literally unlock the title 'Dark Ranger'.

And like I said before, this doesn't prevent a Dark Ranger class in the future. Said so many times. I will say that the chances are quite diminished though since Blizzard is officially recognizing these customizations clearly and unambiguously as Dark Ranger.

To be honest, I think if they were going to do customizations for race, they should have referred to it as Darkfallen instead. But hey, here we are, and they officially did what you couldn't fathom them possibly doing; representing a Class through a Race. You asked how they could do it, now you have the answer.

These are official Dark Ranger customizations in the game. Not mere transmogs. You literally unlock the title 'Dark Ranger'.

And like I said before, this doesn't prevent a Dark Ranger class in the future. Said so many times. I will say that the chances are quite diminished though since Blizzard is officially recognizing these customizations clearly and unambiguously as Dark Ranger.
    I don't think there were titles back then.

To be honest, I think if they were going to do customizations for race, they should have referred to it as Darkfallen instead. But hey, here we are, and they officially did what you couldn't fathom them possibly doing; representing a Class through a Race. You asked how they could do it, now you have the answer.
    Then, what are Darkfallen now? Because they are, currently, not an allied race.
    Perhaps, a faction?

I don't think there were titles back then.
    Sure there were. "Bloodsail Admiral" was a title you could get as far back as Vanilla. Titles were available for many different things, and I even got some of them.

Then, what are Darkfallen now? Because they are, currently, not an allied race.
    Perhaps, a faction?
    Honestly, not sure why they didn't split em off as an Allied Race, but I guess they wanted something that includes the Night Elf undead options and a customization made more sense than an actual Allied Race with model toggles; or multiple Allied Races to cover both Blood Elf and Night Elf.

There's many things I don't fully understand or agree with yet. But man, like I have been saying for way too long and for too many times... All signs pointed to customizations.

The absurd amount of people in this thread who are about to eat their own words.

Get on your editing and deleting spree, guys. You embarrassed yourselves a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    The absurd amount of people in this thread who are about to eat their own words.

Get on your editing and deleting spree, guys. You embarrassed yourselves a lot.
    Or they double down on copium :P

There is no "Dark Ranger" title in 9.2.5. The title is "Of Lordaeron". Why do you think it gives the title "Dark Ranger" ?