Poll: What do you think?

Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Semantics. They do everything that a dragon can do. Their purpose is to allow the player to be a dragon.

- - - Updated - - -

They're as tall if not taller than Tauren, so there's no need for them to be more bulky.

There's also no point in fighting in visage form. You're a dragon, and you should be fighting as one.
    It does not matter how tall they are if they look like a noodle.

If they want me to fight as a dragon then they should make the dragon more customizable, show gear and all that.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

i dont understand why there are so many people against ADDING bulky customization to this race

listen if you want your weird scalie devianart noodle lizard its ok, i dont mind, just dont be mad because we want to make a decent dragonboi

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    In one of the interviews they’ve done they said they’re looking into ways to let players be in their visage form in combat.
    It might mean it would be a hard toggle, with you shifting into dragon form for certain abilities. Sort of like the DH Eye Beam or Infernal Leap.
    Would you mind linking me to that interview? I would just like to hear it myself. I would love to be fighting in visage form as the dragon form to me in general is meh. I’m just stoked for the class

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dractier View Post
    Would you mind linking me to that interview? I would just like to hear it myself. I would love to be fighting in visage form as the dragon form to me in general is meh. I’m just stoked for the class
    https://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcr...hen-1393543/3/
    Chen isn't a Monk

I wonder what the racial abilities are....

There has to be at least a passive one and an active one.

The active one definitely needs to be a breath ability. You can't play a dragon and not have a fire breath. Maybe have it be 'chromatic breath with a utility function like maybe heals you for a % of the damage.

For the passive, was thinking maybe something like "chromatic blood" where you get a random proc with a different stat boost. Like a passive version of the maghar active racial.

Bronze - haste
    Blue- crit
    Red - mastery
    Black- versa
    Green - bonus nature dmg/heals

Animation would have your toon glow the corresponding color. Like bronze would look like avenging wrath minus the holy wings, red would look like beast within, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Actually it does. If they're extremely tall, that increases the size of the wings and tail, which also have to be taken into account. If you bulk that up, that makes the model even larger. Keeping them slender yet very tall still exudes power without it clogging up the visual space.

If they want me to fight as a dragon then they should make the dragon more customizable, show gear and all that.
    Dragons don't wear gear;

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Since it's a race/class combo, they might not have racials beyond their dragonflight ability.

We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    The current iteration of the Dracthyr dragon form looks more like a generic lizard or snake rather than an actual dragon. The slender build, tiny head, and long neck give them a Jar Jar Binks kind of feel. They look goofy. And goofy is okay for some races (like Pandaren), but I think there's a fairly large disconnect here between the body types of the Dracthyr and the "I'm a badass dragon" faces they're pulling in the preview images.

My Suggestions

To fix this, I would apply the following changes.

1. Separate the race into two body types: Slender and Bulky.
    Note: Having a genderless race isn't inherently bad, but it means we lose out on additional body types. And more variety and options is always better when it comes to character customization!

2. Make their heads slightly larger and shorten their neck for the Slender build. This, in my opinion, makes them look a bit sturdier and more balanced.

3. For the Bulky build, widen their neck, chest, shoulders, and waist.

4. Let us equip armor in our draconic form! What's the point in adding a new race at all if the only genuinely new part—which is the dragon form—isn't able to equip any armor?

5. Finally, allow us to choose from more races than just Blood Elf Males and Human Females as our humanoid form! I think the new customization options have the potential to look amazing when applied to races like Orcs, Trolls, Gnomes, Night Elves, etc. Only Dracthyr can access the new Evoker race, so why limit our options to just the two you've chosen? Especially since as you said at the beginning of the presentation, dragons can transform into anything.

EDIT: Made a forum signature for those that want to support the cause of getting #BetterDracthyr.

Community Suggestions

"The Swole'thyr" by LittleLittleG on Reddit

Personally, I think this one is a bit too swole for my tastes, but as an additional body type, I see no reason not to include it if that's what people want.

Body Edit by LochTessArt on Twitter

Dracthyr proportions feedback by ThunderBrush on Twitter

Some amazing suggestions for a sturdier-looking Dracthyr. I don't fully agree with the end result, but they make some good points.

Face edits by kazekatt on Reddit

More humanoid forms by Futhark

ok, and the size of the neck and the head in the original form is just terrible. its a small head with a "giant body" they REALLY should adjust it and make it bigger.

The armour thing is obviously just to give them something to add mid-expansion. This is part of the course for Blizzard, implement something with a glaring flaw or clearly lacking an element. Add said element later and dress it up as "look we did what you asked for, aren't we amazing."

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Thanks, that actually sounds great. I’d love to be playing in visage form the majority of the time and only swap to dragon form when necessary.

Also why is it always the German websites that have the real information on these interviews hahaha

Actually it does. If they're extremely tall, that increases the size of the wings and tail, which also have to be taken into account. If you bulk that up, that makes the model even larger. Keeping them slender yet very tall still exudes power without it clogging up the visual space.

Dragons don't wear gear;

- - - Updated - - -

Since it's a race/class combo, they might not have racials beyond their dragonflight ability.

We'll see.
    Yeah I thought about that. But if they're planning on opening up more classes to dracthyr down the line then they're gonna have to give them racials.

Just hope they expand on the visages, really sick of the belf rig. Would love to play as a tauren visage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I thought about that. But if they're planning on opening up more classes to dracthyr down the line then they're gonna have to give them racials.

Just hope they expand on the visages, really sick of the belf rig. Would love to play as a tauren visage.
    Not to dim anyone's hopes, but typically when the dev team says "we're looking into possibly doing X,Y,Z...." don't hold your breath.

they specifically said " evokers can only be dracthyr, dracthyr can only be evokers" don't think theres a huge chance for expanding classes, BUT. we have tauren paladins, lightforged draenei shadow priests, NELFS mages...

Quote Originally Posted by Porcos Voadores View Post
    they specifically said " evokers can only be dracthyr, dracthyr can only be evokers" don't think theres a huge chance for expanding classes, BUT. we have tauren paladins, lightforged draenei shadow priests, NELFS mages...
    They said there's a chance for additional classes after the dracthyr have mingled with mortals for a while after joining the H/A. They said "no reason why a drac wouldn't be able to pickup an axe and become a great war."

Now the flip side to introduce evokers to mortals isn't likely according to blizz due to lack of wings and what not.

But if they open up more visages with visage combat, which I believe ion said they're experimenting with, then that won't matter

- - - Updated - - -

Not to dim anyone's hopes, but typically when the dev team says "we're looking into possibly doing X,Y,Z...." don't hold your breath.
    Well look at helves and cross faction game play. Plus it only makes sense for dracthyr to wanna pursue other classes once they strengthen their bonds with their new ally's and even emulate them more with more visages.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    All good, you seem to have your head in the right spot. I don't blame you because your mentality is shared by a lot of the community.
    Wanna stop being a troll for like 2 seconds my dude? Nothing is beyond feedback

10+ Year Old Account

Dragons don't wear gear;

- - - Updated - - -

We'll see.
    Well, lets wait to see them ingame i suppose.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    I mean if there WERE unique looks, but lets face it; There might be two IF there are any at all. And if i play such a character i will vomit all over this look if i have to see the same shit for so long. That's just not enough and thats why stuff like transmoggs even exist. Or why people used to wear different armor outside of raids to look cool. Looking good... is a MASSIVE part of the MMO-Experience and just because blizzard is being lazy and skimming on the effort again, ...

Which is also why this no-armor-thing is a deal-breaker for me already. There is no reason to do this. It works on Worgen. Why is this an issue here? Same for the sexual demorphism. Yea, sure, it doesn't need to exist. Im also not asking for dragons with tits or whatever, but... the only reason that the model for the dragon form is lacking EVERY SINGLE BASELINE FEATURE OF CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION is PURE lazynes. This stuff is not hard to model, or to texture, or to code. They just half ass things. As they tend to do for 4 years by now.
    Imagine thinking looking good in an mmo matters. 99.999% of players play 100% zoomed out and do not care about any of that.

7+ Year Old Account
    They prob didn't even make then one, because "they are this class so, their racials is the class itself" bullshit and people will say its amazing and makes sense, despite being just laziness from the devs part.

Semantics. They do everything that a dragon can do. Their purpose is to allow the player to be a dragon.

- - - Updated - - -

They're as tall if not taller than Tauren, so there's no need for them to be more bulky.

There's also no point in fighting in visage form. You're a dragon, and you should be fighting as one.
    To be half dragon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post

Pretteh much. They have narrow shoulders and soft bodies. They look like a fursuit.

- - - Updated - - -

Dragons don't wear gear;

- - - Updated - - -

We'll see.
    At best its the power of soy. No matter how tall is a stick it's a stick still.

They are not dragons and they wear gear. They should be able to wear full sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    At best its the power of soy. No matter how tall is a stick it's a stick still.

They are not dragons and they wear gear. They should be able to wear full sets.
    They have scales. They have wings, tails, and claws. They can fly. They can breathe fire from their mouths. They're highly intelligent. They're heavily magic-based.

What makes them not dragons?

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    They have scales. They have wings, tails, and claws. They can fly. They can breathe fire from their mouths. They're highly intelligent. They're heavily magic-based.

What makes them not dragons?
    The fact that they’re humanoids and explicitly said to not be dragons.
    Chen isn't a Monk