Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As the guy who herb/mine an absurd ammount of hours till my eyes bleed for the first 2/3 weeks of the xpac and then forget about money for the rest of xpac I wonder what this means.

For starters I'm almost sure that mount equipment it's a no-no in the dragon so it's dismount on daze and on herb/mine but if the dragon is fast enough maybe it's worth....but then if there's limitations on the use of the dragon until you become a better dragonrider maybe it's not.

We'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Blizzard has confirmed that you will only be able to "fly" in the Dragon Isles using the new Dragonriding system. Your broader mount collection will act only as ground mounts in the new zones.

In an interview with AusGamers, Jeremy Feasel spoke more about the new system, including details about how it will allow you to travel faster than existing mount speeds and an idea about how the system will work in practice.

https://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3639901

https://www.wowhead.com/news/flying-...-dragon-326774
    at the begning yes, in time you will unlock normal flying.

Quote Originally Posted by ahgsfds View Post
    Do you have a source on that, please?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    We want flying from day 1!!!!! Everywhere!
    Yup, like in Cata, or in TBC, or in MOP, or in WOTLK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ahgsfds View Post
    Link? So far, it is only reported that Dragonriding will replace normal flying in the Dragon Isle and the system might be implemented outside of Dragonisle, one day. There is no sources to pointing out the other way around.

And in no way Blizz should have disabled normal flying. Go dragonride as much as you want, but please allow others to just relax and fly.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool. Just allow us to fly, while you can dragonglide all day for all I care.
    Well you are going to have to wait for pathfinder and we'd be lucky if you are even still playing by the time it comes out.
    I hope they update flying with elements of dragonflying (assuming it works well) for all flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    This isn't a bad thing.
    yes, it is. it means our normal flying mount will stay grounded for all of dragon isle content. It also mean that people who just joined the game or sub at a later time, or alts have to farm a system to be able to dragonride properly. It also disfranchises an entire fan base who does not like dragonriding.

So.. it's gliding but with longer time before you fall...
    Yes, and I like it lol.

This is way better than just allowing people to swim through the air OR timegating everybody into running around on the ground until they unlock the ability.

You might eventually be able to just fly around regularly, but this is better than making us walk at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It is smart, if dragonriding is a fun mechanic. That's where the fear, uncertainty, and doubt creep in!
    or you know, allow normal flying as an option so those who do not wish to participate in dragonfalling can enjoy travelling as much as others who would dragongliding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Yes, and I like it lol.

This is way better than just allowing people to swim through the air OR timegating everybody into running around on the ground until they unlock the ability.

You might eventually be able to just fly around regularly, but this is better than making us walk at least.
    Cool. how about we make normal flying as an option, and you can dragonfall all you want.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    We want flying from day 1!!!!! Everywhere!
    i mean this is literally flying day 1 but ok.

- - - Updated - - -

or you know, allow normal flying as an option so those who do not wish to participate in dragonfalling can enjoy travelling as much as others who would dragongliding.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool. how about we make normal flying as an option, and you can dragonfall all you want.
    you didnt actually watch the presentation did you? You can still go up, its not just gliding down.

- - - Updated - - -

dude its literally full flying, but more realistic, going up is slow, going down is fast, going forward is medium, so using specific dynamics you can go faster.

you can fly up, its not "falling"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

yes, it is. it means our normal flying mount will stay grounded for all of dragon isle content. It also mean that people who just joined the game or sub at a later time, or alts have to farm a system to be able to dragonride properly. It also disfranchises an entire fan base who does not like dragonriding.
    We don't even have an Alpha client to judge how it's going to work and you're already spreading doom and gloom because it isn't exactly what you thought it should be. Come on man.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Do you have a source on that, please?
    Source?
    "I made it the fuck up"
    This is our flying 2.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, you need to be able to accumulate enough updraft and speed to be able to traverse obstacles and mobs to reach from A and B when using Dragonflight. Most likely you need to do the mechanic 2-3 or maybe 4-5 times before you reach your destiny and you probably get stuck somewhere with mobs you have to fight. There's no guarantee you can evade them unlike using normal flying.
    lol where the fuck did you get this statistic?
    You on the friend and family alpha?
    Cause from what we saw in the trailer, this is hilariously untrue.

No, because that defeats the entire point of the mechanic in the first place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i mean this is literally flying day 1 but ok.
    Ya on one mount all the time. That's boring as fuck. Adding game play and making flying more fun is cool but do it to all mounts so i'm not suck on some lame dragon all the time.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has confirmed that you will only be able to "fly" in the Dragon Isles using the new Dragonriding system. Your broader mount collection will act only as ground mounts in the new zones.

In an interview with AusGamers, Jeremy Feasel spoke more about the new system, including details about how it will allow you to travel faster than existing mount speeds and an idea about how the system will work in practice.

https://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3639901

https://www.wowhead.com/news/flying-...-dragon-326774
    Thread title is quite a lie.

You can in fact, fly, just you can't fly indefinitely without doing certain things. It's just lying to say you can only fall/glide though. Straight-up lying.

If you want to claim it's like gliding, it's like having a "glider" with an electric motor (they exist) which recharges as you fly (those don't lol).
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2022-04-20 at 04:04 PM.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

If it’s anything like the rock drakes in ark, I’d take this over standard flying any day. That shits super fun.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lol where the fuck did you get this statistic?
    You on the friend and family alpha?
    Cause from what we saw in the trailer, this is hilariously untrue.
    They talked about needing to master momentum to reach certain heights.
    I don't think this is purely flying 2.0, I do think this is gliding with certain bonus steps. You might not be able to go over a mountain from the base of it unless you get up somewhere higher and can build up momentum first.

We need more information on the subject, but I, personally, would rather us having falling with style instead of just being able to go up as high as you want whenever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Branflakes6000 View Post
    Flying in WoW is just swimming through the air, other games have done it much better. The dragonriding system looks like what flying always should have been.
    exactly this.

"flying" in WoW is just Gmod hovering everywhere, it's not even a game mechanic, just a crutch.

I am glad they finally found a way to remove flying without actually removing flying.

I just hope the controls will be fluent enough, and not like the flappy bird WQ

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    They talked about needing to master momentum to reach certain heights.
    I don't think this is purely flying 2.0, I do think this is gliding with certain bonus steps. You might not be able to go over a mountain from the base of it unless you get up somewhere higher and can build up momentum first.

We need more information on the subject, but I, personally, would rather us having falling with style instead of just being able to go up as high as you want whenever you want.
    thing to point out it speaks about the upgrade tree for it allowing you to reach even greater heights. maybe at the start you will be very limited, but its obvious from some of the footage they showed, that you will be able to go VERY high no problem after you spend some time exploring.

Which is pretty much literally flying. Falling slow enough that you keep missing the earth.

- - - Updated - - -

Similarly to why some games don’t need easy modes; it goes against the developers vision for the content. If proper flying is an option, many will ignore dragon riding completely and never experience it the way Blizzard literally designed the continent for.

Ironically, dragon riding is much closer to normal flying than what we are used to.