Page 5 of 87 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stutt- View Post
    rambling
    so, you enjoyed NORMAL raid back then, but cant now? why, simply bcs there is harder option? thats not really problem with game, but with YOU...
    you only want normal raid, well then PLAY IT, higher difficulty existing or not should make no difference to you if you only want to play normal, which btw is in NO WAY hard...
    i used to play mythic raids, but i dont realy have time, nor patience, and honestly do to playing less probably not even skill at the moment, so i only played heroic in SL, and the existence of mythic didnt make it worse in any way...

honestly, i dont get your mentality, its like some last village league footballers compaining about existence of Premier league, why should it matter to them, the game is not different to them, or do they enjoy it less bcs theres someone better?

and btw, i fully support the idea the casuals should have content, but why on earth hardcore players shouldnt? if there was ONLY mythic difficulty you would have a point, but there are difficulties for EVERYONE, from halfwits (LFR) to "hardcore" players, and removing content from some of them WONT make it better for you...

Nope. We were top 5 in the server.
    First raids of Wrath were extremely disappointingly easy and were definitely NOT why Wrath was so popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    First raids of Wrath were extremely disappointingly easy and were definitely NOT why Wrath was so popular.
    So, for 3.0 Sarth 3 Drakes was definitely nowhere close to being easy. Next tier you had Mimiron, Algalon and Yogg 3 or 0 (absolute nightmare only one guild had done it) as challenges for the hardcore. Then Anub Heroic and the rest is known. So, point is there was still stuff for the super hardcore.

So, for 3.0 Sarth 3 Drakes was definitely nowhere close to being easy. Next tier you had Mimiron, Algalon and Yogg 3 or 0 (absolute nightmare only one guild had done it) as challenges for the hardcore. Then Anub Heroic and the rest is known. So, point is there was still stuff for the super hardcore.
    Ulduar was a much harder raid overall than what T7 had to offer. Sarth +3 was one fight, the rest were piss easy and people did not appreciate it at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Ulduar was a much harder raid overall than what T7 had to offer.
    According to Ghostcrawler, Ulduar was also the least successful raid of Wrath. There's a reason they brought out the next raid so quickly.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Miffinat0r View Post
    So is the WoW Forums apparently. Apparently only CE raiders ever post anything anywhere. Meanwhile back on the WoW ranch, record low sub numbers. But don't worry we'll make sure they have that uber hard content they love!
    Link showing that they have record low sub numbers. Random claims do not = fact.

I don't want mythic to ever go away, but I'd definitely welcome a reduction in the overall gap between tiers (and thus keeping players closer together in i-level). This would obviously require number tuning for encounters, but it's anything but an impossible task.

This would prevent people like the OP complaining about the .01%, but still allow the CE raiders to have the stat advantage and cosmetics.

That doesnt make any sense, literally ANY content of the game is for the entire comunity, the only thing trully hard is Mythic Raiding and really high keys on m+.

The entire rest of the game is made for EVERYONE, and there is like a single content made for hardcore and what is the problem with it? Just because you cant do it? I call it bs when people come with mind made because watched a video of a streamer talking nonsense.

Hardcore players need something to go for, and if you don't like it you can do lfr, normal and heroic raiding. You can even pug kill heroic raids, not that hard, sometimes just need luck to find people that stay through wipes. You know, there are people that play alot of the game and want something advanced to play and mythic raids are incredible to play, the content is just so good to try, seems made to be like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gigasx View Post
    That doesnt make any sense, literally ANY content of the game is for the entire comunity, the only thing trully hard is Mythic Raiding and really high keys on m+.

The entire rest of the game is made for EVERYONE, and there is like a single content made for hardcore and what is the problem with it? Just because you cant do it? I call it bs when people come with mind made because watched a video of a streamer talking nonsense.

Hardcore players need something to go for, and if you don't like it you can do lfr, normal and heroic raiding. You can even pug kill heroic raids, not that hard, sometimes just need luck to find people that stay through wipes. You know, there are people that play alot of the game and want something advanced to play and mythic raids are incredible to play, the content is just so good to try, seems made to be like this.
    Are people this close minded and naive or do you only pretend do be? If people that have made a part-time job out of this game, were still wiping on Jailer heroic, is it really that hard to imagine casuals wiping on normal difficulty? I'm talking about the community here like normal pugs and the average struggling guild, not me personally. The game is way harder, don't listen to me. Your top favorite streamers on elite guilds are saying it, the numbers ARE SAYING IT (watch Bellular's video).

This isn't even good for the content creators. If you have a 70% drop in active raiders, they have a smaller audience which == less money. Pure and simple. The WoW "industry" shrinks. What's so hard to understand?

Are people this close minded and naive or do you only pretend do be? If people that have made a part-time job out of this game, were still wiping on Jailer heroic, is it really that hard to imagine casuals wiping on normal difficulty? I'm talking about the community here like normal pugs and the average struggling guild, not me personally. The game is way harder, don't listen to me. Your top favorite streamers on elite guilds are saying it, the numbers ARE SAYING IT (watch Bellular's video).

This isn't even good for the content creators. If you have a 70% drop in active raiders, they have a smaller audience which == less money. Pure and simple. The WoW "industry" shrinks. What's so hard to understand?
    If it's just ONE boss, then there's no problem. They made ONE boss (the final one, to add) a challenge. There is NOTHING wrong with that and does not mean they "cater to the top 0.01%" or some crap. It's simply a design choice of wanting this one specific boss to be a challenge. There is no new content coming, so people have all the time till 10.0 to clear it. Blizzard knows that. If people clear it fast with nothing coming, people will just unsub, so they can squeeze another month or two by making the last boss of the xpac harder.
    WoW is the embodiment of casual MMO. There are multitudes of difficulties and content. From the person only wanting to do quests or pet battles, to the person wanting to be cutting edge pvp/raiding, everyone has something to do. Not everything is made for everyone and "but i pay sub!" isn't a valid argument. You pay to access the game, not to get every reward.
    You'll also rarely hear of the actual mass of people, so the people you interact with on forums and whatnot are already not the people that don't want to bother with doing more than spam frostbolt in LFR.
    Also, any numbers on the 70% drop in active raiders? Because there is a HUGE difference in people having quit altogether or people having specifically quit raiding.

I remember the time in which the most amount of people were actually enjoying the game, and the community was thriving, the content was extremely easy with the exception of four bosses (Mimiron, Anub, Yogg-3/0 and LK heroic) during WotLK. When Wrath was released the hardest boss was Sartharion +3 Drakes, any decently organized group could kill it, I know we did it.?
    So... you want normal to be top difficulty? And I call you BS on clearing Sart +3 if you think SoD normal is hard lol. Read a journal.

Nailed it.

I get that this forum is full of people who do Mythic Jailer with their eyes closed, disregarding the fact that only 17 guilds have done in almost a month...
    If you or your group is not skilled enough to kill mythic bosses, whats the problem? We're gonna have this content for over a year, you'll have plenty of time to overgear it and have it nerfed. Why would you want everything to be faceroll on week 3 off release? Only to have it get even progressively easier every week for the next 50 weeks?
    I think its good to have several game modes that cater to the whole playerbase instead of letting everyone do just one difficulty.
    And you seem to care more about the gear, repeating multiple times "everyone should get the best gear after 3 weeks"?

I also really don't think everyone should be able to kill every single boss on every difficulty because then there would be no point in having difficulties....

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    According to Ghostcrawler, Ulduar was also the least successful raid of Wrath. There's a reason they brought out the next raid so quickly.
    If this is true, it makes me sad. My guild died because we hadn't progressed in Ulduar as far as we would've liked when Trial came out and it was extremely demotivating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gigasx View Post

This game is ridiculously casual. I normally play solo but joined up with a guild at the start of Shadowlands.

Shadowlands would actually have been a decent expansion if the content pacing was a lot better because the time between when my guild is getting AOTC and the time when the next patch comes out means we were losing more than half our raid each time forcing us to rebuild in the next patch.

With that said, we've carried some absolute shitters through AOTC as well as KSM which is near the top of player progression, especially with the catalyst this patch.

Pretty sure you can get close to max ilvl / player power from a gear perspective and never do anything harder than Heroic and M+15.

The biggest thing I wish they would do is open up Mythic difficulty to have the lockout function the same as Normal/Heroic because the biggest challenge when needing pugs is finding people willing to lock themselves to a mythic ID.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    So... you want normal to be top difficulty? And I call you BS on clearing Sart +3 if you think SoD normal is hard lol. Read a journal.
    SoD is hard but for really dumb reasons. You can tell the content is designed around 2 leggo and 4pc tier. Early on tuning was harsh and I think it's a fair critique for new players to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    One more imporatant thing. Casual =/= bad player or low skill level interested one... You can be high ended skilled player as casual. Those things does not match. You can be nolifer and bad player at once you can be casual with great skills. Someone is missing what casual means.
    Last edited by czarek; 2022-04-22 at 01:32 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    One more imporatant thing. Casual =/= bad player or low skill level interested one... You can be high ended skilled player as casual. Those things does not match. You can be nolifer and bad player at once you can be casual with great skills. Someone is missing what casual means.
    Will always repost/+1 people saying this.

It's absolutely true. Too many idiots think casual = baddie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Airickson View Post
    You killed Sarth +3 after outgearing it. Do the same with the new raids
    Thank you, these people are just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Will always repost/+1 people saying this.

It's absolutely true. Too many idiots think casual = baddie.
    You can have decent or above average skills with casual hours (15~ hours a week is the average for pc gamers iirc.) but you will never be great.

Muscle memory and quick ingame decision making/pattern recognition takes time and practice, you also need time to research and intake information every expansion launch and patch.

I get your guys point but let's not kid ourselves into thinking there is someone like a "casual" mythic raider, that's delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    The interesting question is why does no one ever offer feedback on normal and mythic 0 and instead insist on whining about mythic raiding?

Content that is simply heroic with a few new abilities?
    You not wanting to read it doesn't mean that feedback didn't/doesn't exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    This entire video's thesis is that he disagrees with Blizzard's own data on what players in their game engage with. What a clown.
    I was expecting an Azmongold or Preach video.

It is mostly the ones between casual and hc that are so bitterly impatient with the game
    Yeah, I agree with this!
    Those that feel better than the casuals but know in their heart they aren't.