Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Red face Why does Blizzard hate engineering so much?

Every fun gadget gets neutered into oblivion. Why does Blizzard hate fun?

what?
    since when?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    what?
    since when?
    Goblin glider. Nitro boost.

They hate it so much, they gave it a portal to all shadowlands zones with a short cd.

Blizz doesnt hate ebgeneering, they hate people going fast

not making a profesion mandatory and broken doesnt mean they hate it,it means they dont hate all the other ones

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Goblin glider. Nitro boost.
    Both are still in the game, what are you talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

Like look engineering was fucked this expac, a pet recolour, no mounts, no blingtron, the only profession that had 0 part in the legendary crafting, the only reason to be an engineer this expac was the wormhole and it pisses me off.

but idk where this is suddeny coming from, they havent changed anything about it recently, and hell in 10.0 it seems they will be overhauling, engineering included.

What about the Goblin Glider? Last time I used it (about a week ago) it worked like always.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Every fun gadget gets neutered into oblivion. Why does Blizzard hate fun?
    Because this game is made for failed esport participants in content designed for most players to fail, that are used as cheap, slave labor that sell token carries to people who don't even want to play a MMO. Cuts down on server costs while keeping profits the same. It's also why 40 on 40 BG's don't even work anymore. They don't want those players anyways

Mythic raiders, Arena players and furries is who WoW is now for. Furies require zero investment and will buy furry MT's, so they are worth the server bandwidth.

I thought engineering is literally mandatory for high end mythic + players. The battle res item requires engineering skill, belt enhancement aswell. Oh and you can save a second or two in DoS disabling the blobs. Don't think other professions give player power anymore at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Like look engineering was fucked this expac, a pet recolour, no mounts, no blingtron, the only profession that had 0 part in the legendary crafting, the only reason to be an engineer this expac was the wormhole and it pisses me off.

but idk where this is suddeny coming from, they havent changed anything about it recently, and hell in 10.0 it seems they will be overhauling, engineering included.
    I'm guessing you play a Warlock, so it's of no use to you, but the engi battle rez is huge for classes w/o one (like my resto shaman). They even made it so that it doesn't backfire in M+, so it's guaranteed to work.

The engineering items work just fine for me, it's the one profession i miss having on my alts (The only thing keeping me from making all my alts engineers too is that i want profession coverage)

The trick with engineering is that the items are universally useful: The glider is great in pre-flight zones, Jeeves is always useful (Sure, we didn't get an upgrade, but what more do you want it to do?), the teleporter saves me ages wasted in flight-paths to get from one zone to the other, the goggles are a bit of a let-down in ZM (I play warrior, and the ZM world boss drops a helmet as one of the two slots, so making that tier is better than the goggles...), the mailbox is convenient (Especially combined with the Engineer-only AH in expansion capitals)

Engineering has always been the "Gadgets and Gizmos"-profession, a lot of convenience items and not much else, at this point it's a matter of "Well, you know what you were getting into", really...

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    I'm guessing you play a Warlock, so it's of no use to you, but the engi battle rez is huge for classes w/o one (like my resto shaman). They even made it so that it doesn't backfire in M+, so it's guaranteed to work.
    true true, that is also really good.

Isn't engineering like the only profession blizz cares about? They always have fun things and things people want, not to mention extra quality of life stuff.

gliders not working in raids, dungeons, etc is annoying. but that's pretty much the only thing I can think of because nitro boots and gliders are still awesome tinkers. loot-a-rang is also one of the very best perks a profession can possibly have (so much so that since the non-engy version was nerfed I've made all of my alts engineers). the portals are great, there's fun toys and awesome goggle mogs
    what's not to love?

5+ Year Old Account
    Bring back Goblin Sapper Charge

Firstly, they hate all professions except Alchemy. Secondly they hate Inscription the most. Thirdly Engineering has combat res.
    Fourthly, they are overhauling all of them and hopefully will hate them less.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanesra View Post
    They hate it so much, they gave it a portal to all shadowlands zones with a short cd.

Blizz doesnt hate ebgeneering, they hate people going fast
    The wormhole versus the ability to make legendaries...

Profession made for funsies, not for goldmaking unfortunately. i'd love to get an engineer alt but it's worthless unless you farm older mounts

3 days later and OP still hasn't elaborated whats wrong with gliders and nitro boosters LOL. Just tested both and they work as usual. You can even add them to legendaries, which wasn't always possible (before SL afaik).

Engineering, alch, jewelcrafting and enchanting are the only ones that matter.... the hell?
    Error 404 - Signature not found