Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Will Blizzard actually do the right thing?

Give an extra option like this:

A true Dragon race that people have wanted since Vanilla. (Also preferrably a melee or tank spec to go along with it)

Do this and Dragonflight is a near perfect expansion.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2022-04-23 at 06:06 PM.

Did we really need yet another thread reminding us that Dracthyr in their pre-Alpha state look kind of weird?

Blizz were showing off how amazingly customisable they're going to be.

Hopefully they'll drop in a few body options and an option to show your transmog and then people will be happy.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    The logo is beautiful. The zones I can't wait to explore. Dragonriding looks extremely fun. Talent trees return! Profession revamps!

There's only one thing stuck in my craw... you all know what it is.

Do you guys all remember this fiasco?

They did the right thing, they met what the fans wanted and it was better for it.

This is all we want Blizz:

A true Dragon race that people have wanted since Vanilla. (Also preferrably a melee or tank spec to go along with it)

This is what 'YOU' and other select people want?

I'm not going to play the race, but I want them to not be locked to one class, is what I want.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Did we really need yet another thread reminding us that Dracthyr in their pre-Alpha state look kind of weird?
    I-IT'S ONLY PRE-ALPHA! (You are here)
    I-IT'S ONLY ALPHA!
    I-IT'S ONLY BETA!
    I-IT'S ONLY PATCH 10.1!!
    Yohohoho

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    I-IT'S ONLY ALPHA!
    I-IT'S ONLY BETA!
    I-IT'S ONLY PATCH 10.1!!
    If Blizzard fails to iterate on the concerns players have made abundantly clear by the time the game gets into Alpha then yes, we'd definitely have a reason for concern. But we already have almost a dozen threads on this subject, I fail to see how this brings anything new to the table other than for the OP to post a couple images for what he'd prefer. /shrug

If Blizzard fails to iterate on the concerns players have made abundantly clear by the time the game gets into Alpha then yes, we'd definitely have a reason for concern.
    C'mon man, you're a 10 year member, this means you've played WoW for quite some time. You KNOW damn well it requires a MASSIVE community outcry to change things at this point, and even then they usually don't listen.
    I wanna be optimistic here, I really do, but I have zero trust in the compant by now :P
    Yohohoho

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard fails to iterate on the concerns players have made abundantly clear by the time the game gets into Alpha then yes, we'd definitely have a reason for concern. But we already have almost a dozen threads on this subject, I fail to see how this brings anything new to the table other than for the OP to post a couple images for what he'd prefer. /shrug
    They've been working on this since pre-Shadowlands, they're a long way down the line already to be expecting substantive changes.

I don't want that speak for yourself. Looks way too bulky to be a caster. If they make it an option for the dragon form cool, but lets not forget how female worgen was ruin by some people crying about how it looked.

(Also preferrably a melee or tank spec to go along with it)
    Christ the last three new classes were melee/tank. We even got rid of a ranged spec in survival hunter. Will you ever be satisfied?

I mean I think they look fine.

Also the sonic rework overworked the animators and possibly closed the studio leaving said overworked people jobless. Then the film came out and was still only mildly ok

3+ Year Old Account
    The logo is beautiful. The zones I can't wait to explore. Dragonriding looks extremely fun. Talent trees return! Profession revamps!

They did the right thing, they met what the fans wanted and it was better for it.

This dragon model would fit a more melee-centric class/spec, something like a dragon KNIGHT, but that is not what we got. Will say though that this model could be something more akin to the male model of the race, but considering that the race will only play as the ranged caster class it would make sense to not have such a bulky male variant because of it aswell.

Isn't that predominantly what a bunch of nerd boys want due to their homoerotic fixation with hypermasculine power fantasies while at the same time desperately trying to reaffirm their heterosexuality? Basically all the parts of the player base everyone who is concerned about the reveals on the workplace culture in the company would agree Blizzard should never again listen to, to distance themselves from this kind of culture?

The Dracthyr are casters and healers, why should they be ultra muscular? Considering how they are all designed to be evokers by Neltharion, they are supposed to be powerful magical soldiers, not warriors, so they don't need to be muscular.

C'mon man, you're a 10 year member, this means you've played WoW for quite some time. You KNOW damn well it requires a MASSIVE community outcry to change things at this point, and even then they usually don't listen.
    I wanna be optimistic here, I really do, but I have zero trust in the compant by now :P
    I guess I just don't see the point in being overly cynical when we don't even have a release date yet. /shrug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They've been working on this since pre-Shadowlands, they're a long way down the line already to be expecting substantive changes.
    They re-did Worgen based off of feedback. Granted, it took a few expansions but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

At least they don't look as fucked up as the original female Worgen.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean we went through this same dance for Covenants being clearly a power min-max problem and broken, they did nothing. And for Azerite armor being clearly a power min-max problem and broken, they did nothing.

I think we're well within our rights to start raising holy hell now about Dracthyr, because by the time Alpha drops it's too late. It may already be too late for Dragonflight to fix this.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

They won't change. Certainly not drastically.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I just don't see the point in being overly cynical when we don't even have a release date yet. /shrug
    People say that for every expansion. Don't complain, it's only alpha. Don't complain, it's only beta. Don't complain the expansion just launched. Don't complain just unsub. Nothing has ever been improved by waiting and every concern the community has ever had was right. Just look at covenants. The community knew what it was gonna be and that's exactly what it turned out to be. People like you don't help.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just think they're neat
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

7+ Year Old Account
    Apaprently some itnerviews said we willb e able to pick different body types for the dragons, to be more buffy.

With that covered, the only problem is the visage, who atm is only a female humand and a male blood elf, and we should get, at least, all core races as visage/humanoid form.

So i hope at least that part is covered until release

I-IT'S ONLY ALPHA!
    I-IT'S ONLY BETA!
    I-IT'S ONLY PATCH 10.1!!
    ITs amazing how this always repeat itself and people still don't learn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Dude View Post
    People say that for every expansion. Don't complain, it's only alpha. Don't complain, it's only beta. Don't complain the expansion just launched. Don't complain just unsub. Nothing has ever been improved by waiting and every concern the community has ever had was right. Just look at covenants. The community knew what it was gonna be and that's exactly what it turned out to be. People like you don't help.
    First off, loved your work in the DF intro video. 11/10 performance

Second off, the feedback of The Community is largely ignored by Blizzard. they say stuff like "after listening to feedback" but mean "After looking at the numbers"
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything