View Poll Results: How popular will this new class be?

Voters
359. This poll is closed
  • High Tier (Druid and Hunter level)

86 23.96%
  • Mid Tier (Demon Hunter and Death Knight Level)

155 43.18%
  • Low Tier (Monk level)

118 32.87%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    "Soar" is the only reason i'm even considering creating one, despite my hate of the race design as a whole (freacking vegetarian soy filled twig "dragons" who can't even melee despite having perfect natural weapons and defenses). I've waited for a possibility to fly without the use of mount since flying was introduced.

But given blizz eagerness to just nerf Soar to the fucking ground even before reelease over bullshit reasons,i don't think i have any incentive left to create one of those soy scalies.
    Isn’t Soar still way faster than a standard mount, and wasn’t the cooldown just reduced? How is that nerfed to the ground? As cool as it was, a racial shouldn’t allow a 1000% movement increase.

Low to mid. I don't see much excitement for it. It's popularity might depend on its power rather identity.

I still think that this charging casting will fail miserably (i hope i am absolutely wrong) so after initial big interest in playing this class/race popularity will drop significally.
    Soar thing will be fun for exactly 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Isn’t Soar still way faster than a standard mount, and wasn’t the cooldown just reduced? How is that nerfed to the ground? As cool as it was, a racial shouldn’t allow a 1000% movement increase.
    if we go this way Druid should be nerfed : instant mount and able to gather herb in it, no other classes can do that and the only mount that allow you to gather herb either take a full month to craft or cost a shitload on the auction house (and isn't instant like for the druid).
    We should also nerf DH, other classes need to pay for their gliders and it has 3mn Cooldown when DH can just spam it.

Or we could just accept that something that doesn't affect anything competitive can be a little OP without the need to nerf it because we play a game and we aren't immature jealous child ? or that different classes have different toys they can play with so you get a feeling of uniqueness in a MMORPG.

It's Crazy that people defend that nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I still think that this charging casting will fail miserably (i hope i am absolutely wrong) so after initial big interest in playing this class/race popularity will drop significally.
    Soar thing will be fun for exactly 3 hours.
    It's not only the charging, it's the shortened range of just 25m instead of 40m for casters. It will be difficult and clunky to play as it's the only class to have this mid-range.

I think charging up skills should be doable while moving, maybe with a reduced effect. But the need to stand still for 3 seconds to make your skill stronger is a very hard no in a lot of content modes.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidoser View Post
    if we go this way Druid should be nerfed : instant mount and able to gather herb in it, no other classes can do that and the only mount that allow you to gather herb either take a full month to craft or cost a shitload on the auction house (and isn't instant like for the druid).
    We should also nerf DH, other classes need to pay for their gliders and it has 3mn Cooldown when DH can just spam it.

Or we could just accept that something that doesn't affect anything competitive can be a little OP without the need to nerf it because we play a game and we aren't immature jealous child ? or that different classes have different toys they can play with so you get a feeling of uniqueness in a MMORPG.

It's Crazy that people defend that nerf.
    I’m not defending it. I’m simply saying that it isn’t as game-destroying as you’re making it out to be. Soar is still a fun ability to use, and it wasn’t even close to being ruined.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It's not only the charging, it's the shortened range of just 25m instead of 40m for casters. It will be difficult and clunky to play as it's the only class to have this mid-range.

I think charging up skills should be doable while moving, maybe with a reduced effect. But the need to stand still for 3 seconds to make your skill stronger is a very hard no in a lot of content modes.
    Considering the mobility of the class, the 25y range kind of makes sense.

Considering the mobility of the class, the 25y range kind of makes sense.
    On paper. In real combat, mythic+ and heroic/mythic raids it will become a big problem. And I'm sure it will be a major issue for why Evoker will be a mid to bottom tier class when it comes to popularity.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

draconoid form is the new boomkin. ugly as fuck. there must be a glyph like boomkin glyph that takes you out of that horrible looking form

10+ Year Old Account
    On paper. In real combat, mythic+ and heroic/mythic raids it will become a big problem. And I'm sure it will be a major issue for why Evoker will be a mid to bottom tier class when it comes to popularity.
    Why do you think it would be a big problem? If melee can survive within 5yds, why would an Evoker have issues at 25 yds?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    draconoid form is the new boomkin. ugly as fuck. there must be a glyph like boomkin glyph that takes you out of that horrible looking form
    Considering that dragon form is the entire point of the class, you're better off just rolling something else.

Soar is still a fun ability to use.
    No it's not.the new one is just a snail speed and doesn't carry any of that speed impression the unerfed version had.

Soar will already be a mere shadow of what true dragon riding will be in later stages, to nerf it even more make it completely useless.

So it's unfun and useless now.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you think it would be a big problem? If melee can survive within 5yds, why would an Evoker have issues at 25 yds?
    Because they need to cast spells maybe ? Did you ever played a caster ? Not all of their abilities are instant, unlike melees. It already will be a pain in pve ,due to many raids mechanics but it will devastating in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's not.the new one is just a snail speed and doesn't carry any of that speed impression the unerfed version had.

Soar will already be a mere shadow of what true dragon riding will be in later stages, to nerf it even more make it completely useless.

So it's unfun and useless now.
    If 640% is a "snail's pace", what's the 310% speed offered by Master flying license?

Because they need to cast spells maybe ? Did you ever played a caster ? Not all of their abilities are instant, unlike melees. It already will be a pain in pve ,due to many raids mechanics but it will devastating in pvp.
    But they can cast on the move, and they have several instant abilities.

As for PvP, people are already saying they're OP.

"Soar" is the only reason i'm even considering creating one, despite my hate of the race design as a whole (freacking vegetarian soy filled twig "dragons" who can't even melee despite having perfect natural weapons and defenses). I've waited for a possibility to fly without the use of mount since flying was introduced.

But given blizz eagerness to just nerf Soar to the fucking ground even before reelease over bullshit reasons,i don't think i have any incentive left to create one of those soy scalies.
    Soar is STILL double if not near triple the speed of a nornal mount and they reduced it my 1 min baseline with it further being rediced in zones youve explored.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have issues with a 25yd range as a dps or healer than the issue is not the class. It is 100% you.

25yds is 25 more than you need.

If 640% is a "snail's pace", what's the 310% speed offered by Master flying license?

But they can cast on the move, and they have several instant abilities.

As for PvP, people are already saying they're OP.
    310% is just normal speed that everybody have ? The only good thing about classic flying is the complete control and being eternal, the speed is quite underwhelming and always had been. If you think it's fast, you never played a game where we can go fast.

Now Soar is so slow that there isnt any impression of speed beside the artificial ones , like the wind visuals. There is barely any worth using it, both for fun or actual efficiency in most situations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Soar is STILL double if not near triple the speed of a nornal mount and they reduced it my 1 min baseline with it further being rediced in zones youve explored.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have issues with a 25yd range as a dps or healer than the issue is not the class. It is 100% you.

25yds is 25 more than you need.
    2x as fast for a short time and requirering constant monitoring isn't worth it because now the speed is boring. They could remove the cd completely and i still woulnd't give a shit. I'd much prefer it being a 1h cd but unnerfed speed.

25yd make you instantly in range of so many cc it's not even funny. You've never pvp'd if you think being a low range squishy with cast requirements is fine mechanically.

Considering that dragon form is the entire point of the class, you're better off just rolling something else.
    But you can't, that's the problem. And this will affect played numbers on this class, how could it not? This aesthetic is obviously not for everyone. I say Low tier, after the hype wears off, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    310% is just normal speed that everybody have ? The only good thing about classic flying is the complete control and being eternal, the speed is quite underwhelming and always had been. If you think it's fast, you never played a game where we can go fast.
    Uh no. When you get a flying mount and it's max speed is 100%. You have to purchase the flight licenses to increase its speed. Even Druids have to pay for their flight form to hit max speed, and its STILL far slower than Soar. In addition, I'm pretty sure Soar works everywhere since it's a racial. So Dracthyr get a FREE flight form that is faster than any mount, and it even works on maps where you haven't learned the appropriate flight requirements.

And here we are complaining about it....

Now Soar is so slow that there isnt any impression of speed beside the artificial ones , like the wind visuals. There is barely any worth using it, both for fun or actual efficiency in most situations.
    Yeah, there's no worth in utilizing a free, built-in flight form that is faster than every flying mount in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    But you can't, that's the problem. And this will affect played numbers on this class, how could it not? This aesthetic is obviously not for everyone. I say Low tier, after the hype wears off, of course.
    I'm talking about playing other classes. If you don't want to be a dragon, don't roll the dragon class.

Again, I simply don't see a scenario where a dragon class is not extremely popular.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-08-14 at 02:46 AM.

It'll be super popular of course because it's going to be OP just like every other new class. Then it'll get the shit nerfed out of it and it'll be on par with all the other classes

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't want to be a dragon, don't roll the dragon class.
    Too complicated, rolled up in my mattress, send help!
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

As popular as Monks, probably. Maybe less because they're pigeon holed into one race.

It depends on two factors: 1.) How they are balanced and 2.) How easy they are to play.

Since we really don't have solid information for either of these factors yet, it's hard to predict. If they do good damage in M+ and are relatively easy to play I'd say they'll be just as popular as Hunters. But if they're extremely technical and balanced around a skill cap they'll probably only be popular in Mythic raiding and high key pushing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    As popular as Monks, probably. Maybe less because they're pigeon holed into one race.
    They're a hero class with the first new ranged spec since vanilla. They're going to be above and beyond Monks.

10+ Year Old Account
    More popular than Monk. Less popular than DK or DH was.