7+ Year Old Account

Season of Discoveries one major issue.

Wow's weeklies start and end on Tuesday morning.
    Raid lockouts, quest lockouts, PVP Rankings, and these are the days patches are released in Retail for a LONG time.

Season of discovery releases on Thursdays in the middle of the day instead, but the weeklies still end on the Tuesday morning, giving you 2½ less days to do your weeklies.
    Season of discovery phases release like retail does patches, pretty quickly. Especially so here, with only a couple months between each.
    Way shorter patches. But, during this initial 4½ you also need to level, do dungeons, level professions, do reps, get runes, do class quests, do questlines, etc.
    All because THE RAID IS ALSO OUT in those 4½ days, and getting that extra lockout, especially this early is huge. an early good item from the raid can get you really far ahead.
    There is just SO MUCH to do in those 4½ days, that it becomes so tiring, and you burn out quickly, especially as we get higher and higher levels, as there is more quests, more content, longer dungeons, longer raids. It is all in way too short of time.

I hate it. I really hate that they release the raid week 1. It should not release till Tuesday, to give people time to get gear, to give people time to level up, do reps, runes, pvp, dungeons, to give blizzard time to balance and fix things.

Retail has been doing this for so long. No raid till a bit after launch. No big rush, free to experience the new stuff and get ready, no pressure, yes you are a little rushed week 1, but you still have 7 daysish, here its just 4½ and its like an smaller expansion release because of all this, but the raid it out right away.

I am not hardcore, but I want to do the best I can do, because I want to be the best player I feel I can be reasonably.
    But Season of discovery to do raids you gotta do so much all so quickly it is so overwhelming at times. I loved phase 1, but the experience has become less and less enjoyable, because of all the stuff we feel encouraged to do "week" 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

nobody is forcing you to do any of that stuff in those 4 and a half days, i know it sucks because just like incursions nobody is forcing ya do it, but not doing them is like shooting ya self in the foot. regardless SOD is a season server it wil end, just chill and enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by virexnl View Post
    nobody is forcing you to do any of that stuff in those 4 and a half days, i know it sucks because just like incursions nobody is forcing ya do it, but not doing them is like shooting ya self in the foot. regardless SOD is a season server it wil end, just chill and enjoy the ride.
    For sure, but lets hope Blizzard soon learns how the community engages with their own game design choices. Also OP, why care about 1 loot lockout...When I clicked the thread I thought it would be much bigger...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO