Question Returning player confused

I haven't played since just before 9.1, I've just resubbed and am now a bit confused about gearing in 9.2 ...

So my Demon Hunter had 1 legendary ilvl 225, how is the best way to upgrade this now in 9.2?

My Warlock has no legendaries, what is the best way to get him one? Do I still need to grind Torgast for soul ash? is there a catch up so I can skip straight to a higher ilvl legendary?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

If you complete the Zereth Mortis campaign, complete the weekly and do the world boss, that should get you a good deal of the way towards honored with the new faction.

Then you just complete the 3 available world quests every day until you hit honored.

At honored, you can buy a bag from the faction quartermaster that contains all the currency you'll need to craft the highest ilvl legendary available at the moment.

Then you need to obtain the base item, presumably from the AH for the slot you want to craft and the missives corresponding to the secondary stats you want on your legendary.

Then you just head into Torghast, take the door on the right of the entrance and craft your legendary exactly like you did on your DH.

If you already have a legendary that you want to upgrade, you will not have to bring any missives but just the new higher ilvl base item and the mats. It'll automatically deduct the materials used for crafting your first legendary when you upgrade it.

Alternatively you can grind Torghast until you have all the mats. You'll need to do at least layer 9 or higher to obtain the necessary materials, but you can repeatedly grind the same Torghast layer until you have enough mats for a legendary.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2022-05-08 at 05:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

You just go into Zereth Mortis, there you get directly gear from quest/rares/chests as catchup, as well as Cosmic Flux.

And for cosmic flux you can - among other useful things - buy a "Bag of Explored Souls" which contains exactly enough Torghast mats you need to create one 291 legendary. So no, there is no need to step a single foot into Torghast unless you actually want.

perfect, thank you very much :-)
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock