Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    MMOs take a lot of time and money to develop, theoretically they could have started developing last year and we still wouldn't see wouldn't see much till 2025

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    The talent capable of making an MMO has left Blizzard over the years.
    The talent capable of making an MMO was still all there when Titan failed. It's not a question of talent (which can be hired). It's a question of what the company wants to create.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Well fuck if you didn't completely miss the point.

Lets go with your analogy shall we?

The Diablo Immortal reveal is a 4 year old throwing a tantrum because their daddy gave them banana flavoured icecream instead of a Banoffee Pie with toffee sauce. They advertised what was initially a MOBILE GAME to an audience that was majorly PC focused with likely a few console players thrown in using a franchise that had at that time been on PC for twenty two years and console for 6 years.

Blizzard announcing a mobile Diablo game in front of what was primarily a PC audience was like if Ferrari announced that their brand new vehicle was going to be a unicycle.

The game could have turned out amazing and it wouldn't matter, you don't announce a mobile app as a "big thing" to an audience of people who have been playing your games on actual gaming systems for years, and who paid money to go to your convention. If it had been announced seperate from Blizzcon, or announced in a way that made it clear that it was a side project rather than making it out to be something big for the Diablo franchise there would have been FAR less of a negative reaction.
    It is something big for the Diablo franchise, as it will likely have more players than the 4 Diablo games combined.

Your bigotry against those players or hatred of them does not diminish this in any way.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    While I would play a Diablo MMO, I wouldn't want them to stop making single player Diablo games as a result the way we stopped getting Warcraft RTS games after WoW launched.

D4 looks interesting, but the other players being in "my world" without being invited sort of sucks outside of an actual MMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You also sound like a cranky old geezer what with your "actual gaming systems". Mad at all these whippersnappers having fun on their phones. It's not like it's a huge audience that has been around for decades or anything. Like that newfangled television. In my day we listened to the radio.
    Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It always amazes me how dummies will literally not pay attention and then get angry about the things that were explicitly explained.
    Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    It is something big for the Diablo franchise, as it will likely have more players than the 4 Diablo games combined.

Your bigotry against those players or hatred of them does not diminish this in any way.
    Fucking Lol

Blizzcon has always been about announces for games on PC and Console. If you really think that people were going to be happy with a mobile game announcement for one of Blizzard's cornerstone franchises when they were expecting a new triple A after having no details for years then you are fucking deluded. If you cannot see why people were annoyed then you really are blind.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Blizzcon has always been about announces for games on PC and Console. If you really think that people were going to be happy with a mobile game announcement for one of Blizzard's cornerstone franchises when they were expecting a new triple A after having no details for years then you are fucking deluded. If you cannot see why people were annoyed then you really are blind.
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...edItNowItSucks

This is you. "They've only ever done PC and console announcements at Blizzcon so it's wrong of them to do anything else."
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    While I would play a Diablo MMO, I wouldn't want them to stop making single player Diablo games as a result the way we stopped getting Warcraft RTS games after WoW launched.

D4 looks interesting, but the other players being in "my world" without being invited sort of sucks outside of an actual MMO.
    Oh for sure. Don't get me wrong, I think it was a real shame Blizz stopped making Warcraft RTS games. I guarantee you there's a group of RTS players who don't like SC but would love to play WC, and vice versa.

Hell, their stories don't need to be, nor should they, be directly connected. They could span events hundreds, thousands of years apart, for all it matters.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Your happiness is your responsibility. Blizzcon is for announcing updates for Blizzard products.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Honestly, I think they literally can’t make another mmo.

They barely even know what they want to do with WoW. They have had flop after flop after flop in terms of actual gameplay. The only thing that makes them money now is just microtransactions. If they even attempted to make another mmo they would just have it look exactly like wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    Honestly, I think they literally can’t make another mmo.

They barely even know what they want to do with WoW. They have had flop after flop after flop in terms of actual gameplay. The only thing that makes them money now is just microtransactions. If they even attempted to make another mmo they would just have it look exactly like wow.
    Does anyone know how to make an MMORPG?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Does anyone know how to make an MMORPG?
    I mean, there are some going on right now that are pretty successful so yeah I guess lol.

Diablo Immortal is world of diablo basically, it is the mmo of Diablo, there is not really anything else needed for that, it stays true to the diablo genre while also being an mmo

Mmm no, unless it is similar to DI (let’s keep away mtx for the purpose of talking) but with even less mandatory grouping (I’m still 56 but I already read that for higher difficulty level you need to be at least two people to run dungeons).

Diablo is all about ssf, I would never play a mmorpg version with subscription if it requires grouping, that’s exactly why I stopped playing WoW.