View Poll Results: Which of the following sounds like the best compromise?

Voters
149. This poll is closed
  • Take out scales/weird eyes completely, but add some more visage races please?

37 24.83%
  • Just drop the scales, the rest is fine. Don't waste time with further additions Blizz!

12 8.05%
  • Just leave it as it is! Don't waste any more resources on something players don't see a lot anyway.

77 51.68%
  • Complete revamp and release at a later patch date!

23 15.44%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lightbulb POLL: "NON-Scaly" Visage Form

Honestly, regardless of what happens, more option are usually a good thing in an MMO.

So... with the scales on visage form looking subjectively horrendous, I propose we make things a little interesting!

Where is the poll?

Quote Originally Posted by Elunity View Post
    I propose we make things a little interesting!
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Where is the poll?

How so?
    Poll is up!

For the love of god let them be classes other than Evoker please. My issue with them is less about aesthetics and more this idea of making the new race and class exclusive to one another. I wish they'd taken a MOP approach to things here.

I'm going to vote for "none of the above, good as is," seeing as they've mentioned in interviews that you can choose to be more "sublte" and hidden if you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of the poll options click with me and frankly the reason is that we barely seen anything as far as customizations go.

I do think that at least some of the draconic features need to present in visage form and not only horns, but I also need to actually see what options are there. I also would like some milder changes, but I don't want it to be just elf or human with horns - that's kind of silly.

To rephrase it - I don't want to be a horned lizard when in visage, but I don't really want it to be stock fem human with horns either.

- - - Updated - - -

I do think some extra race or two for visage would be cool.

There is no option for me to say that i don't want them to change it. Regardless off available ressources.

Blood elves, void elves and humans are there. Play them. Or stay in dragon form. Why would we need another generic human/elv?

The ONLY thing i would change is that we can see gear in dragon form. I would never go out of it.

And how is it interesting too make the visage form more plain and into something that exists allready?

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the Visage forms can get you to resemble this;

I'm fine with whatever other options they come up with.

Or y'know, just remove the visage form and put the effort that would've been wasted on it into making armors work for the true form

I don't mind weird eyes or scales, just make them look good. Right now it looks like ass, like a mix between furry tumblr "art" and some bad NCSoft/Generic-Asian-mmo characters.

These poll options are too heavily biased. Just write "It's fine" "It's not fine" as options.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    Or y'know, just remove the visage form and put the effort that would've been wasted on it into making armors work for the true form
    They really don't take as much effort as you're making it sound. They are Blood Elf and Human models with a few new facial customizations. Armors already fit on those models.

Personally I'd like they to be any race possible in their visage form, with unique Dragony option (horns scales etc)

But I'd of made the Dracthyr a class anyway so....

I don't think putting horn models and 2D scales textures on every race would have been such a hassle for blizzard to not do it.

Evoker could have easily been available to every race, with the lore explanation being "you are a dragon that likes to turn into this specific race in their humanoid form"

Pick a panda, put the same 3D horns on him, put the blue scales texture on his shoulders and elbows and you've got a Pandared Evoker, easy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunity View Post
    Honestly, regardless of what happens, more option are usually a good thing in an MMO.

So... with the scales on visage form looking subjectively horrendous, I propose we make things a little interesting!
    Eh, their current idea is fine, just let them have more classes, and I'm happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    These poll options are too heavily biased. Just write "It's fine" "It's not fine" as options.
    Yeah.. Many people really need to learn to do polls.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Damn scalies, they ruin everything!

I think after a while they should make it so that they could have whatever race as the visage form but keep envoker dracthyr only. Also, i think dracthyr should be able to have a male dragon form and female visage form and viceversa. Makes no sense if Chromie, a biological male, be female visage form if we cant do the same. They should also add more buffer lizard men cuz they look more like salamanders with wings than bipedal dragons. They can keep the slender options just make it more open ya know.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

I hate these poll options, so I just picked the one closest to 'it's fine', even though I do have thoughts beyond that. I like the visage forms as is and I certainly don't want them to get any less draconic. And the more I look at the true dracthyr form, the less off-put I am by them.

At this point, I'm waiting to see the full scope of their customization options. They don't need an overhaul or a later patch date release, fuck that. I would like more visage races, and would hope they expand the dracthyr's options at some point, but I can sort of understand why they chose just a couple of races initially to represent the dracthyr visage instead of giving a wide variety of draconic changes for every flight to every race in the game. That sounds awesome, but also an obscenely difficult amount of work, and I'd rather they start small, knock the initial visage form customizations out of the park, and then focus steadily on newer visage forms to come out throughout the expansion later on.

But as it stands, they started out pretty 'eh' for me. Now I can't wait for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    So much this. RIght now it is basicaly just moonkinform as a dragon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Since the damage is done, there is no point in rolling back, cause there is already people who like the way it is, and even if some of then are selfish and deny what others want, i think we should do better.

Visage:
    1- Leave the options we already have there.
    2- Have options for no draconic customizations, at all(simple and plain humanoids like Chromie and Ebonhorn).
    3- Make at least the core races viable options for visage forms in their respective factions.(Pretty much like Chromie for alliance and Ebonhorn for horde).

I reckon, if the fear of ''no money and time" exist, the core races as visage forms don't need the customizations, just allowing then should be fine, i prefer to have then in a way than have nothing at all.

Dragon Form:
    1- More buffy/bulky options.
    2- Able to use armor and weapons like worgens
    3- More classes to pick(Warrior, rogue, mage, warlock, hunter, at least.)

Pretty sure the race/class becomes better overall and everyone can enjoy in their own way, without hurting anyone gameplay.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-04-25 at 01:07 PM.

Honestly didnt need to add visage forms, imo they do nothing and look stupid.
    Id much rather just pick any race in the game as your visage and customize it however you want, but replace voice and racials with 'dracthyr' racials and be done.