Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    The way they are crafted failed, not crafting legendaries

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runicblood View Post
    I realize it was an attempt to step away from the RNG legendaries that we had before, but the way it turned out to be was more a cash grab for blizzard.

Crafters profit is near 0 with all expensive secondary mats needed, while buyers have to be spending anywhere from 40-200k just to be relevant with their maxed leggo slots for one spec. If we start getting into off specs and alts, i think people are easily spending towards 1m gold.

How do average players make that much money? They don't, they buy tokens.

I'm already spending 15 euros a month to play, i dont really want to be spending another 20 euros to equip my must-have gear.

inb4, yeah have fun grinding out that gold with dailies. Nobody got time for that.
    The best legendary system were the ones that required questlines to obtain.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    i raid and i optimize my character, that doesnt make me a better player, it just gives me a bit more stats. i can perform on the same level with a lower ilevel lego too. but lets have a look:
    I stopped reading at the bolded part because thats where you 1. Contradicted yourself, and 2. Showed you are a lfr raider.

I think legendaries in general have failed post-WoD. In MOP and WOD (and briefly in BFA) they were universalized and everyone had to pursue them as part of their vertical progression, but at least they were uniform and there was no 'lottery' component to them. Legion and SL broke it by putting your vertical progression at mercy of RNG in one or more ways.

One of best things they'd announced about DF is legendaries on pause. Personally I think the best era of legendaries was Wrath and Cata. Like Thunderfury they were a guild progress effort, but they were slightly more accessible than TF was (in original vanilla; in Classic they were like kudzu and I'm sure Val'anyr and Shadowmourne will be like kudzu as well). And in Wrath and Cata they put more effort into giving them lore development and the sense of a special experience that kept them relevant even as obsolete content to farm.

I hope they get back to that, and maybe do two at a time so they cover more roles/classes at a time per iteration.

idk man, I do callings every 3 days and I do mission table daily. Pays for everything for me. Includes ->flasks, pots, hp pots, food 4 legendary items per seasons. I also sold so much essentia during first weeks of 9.2 that it will cover my expenses for this patch and next lol.

The actual crafting element was fine. Gating a key component behind Torghast a huge mistake though.

The Legion iteration once Wakening Essence was added is still the superior acquisition system.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The best legendary system were the ones that required questlines to obtain.
    this would be cool and engaging. give me some story and lore along with a fancy reward for my time doing your quest. But also make it a universal ilvl or something?
    I 3d print stuff

I am glad we will have our gameplay tweaking choices in a free to swap talent tree shortly.
    I don’t want to wait for a pattern to drop after grinding Torghast, before I can spend money to have that talent choice.

It's a lot better than Legion-legendaries were at launch but both systems still have their flaws.

If the crafter had to farm/obtain mats that just require his time there would have been a healthy market. But yes, if a high gold price from a vendor item is involved it's just a way to sell token, correct. ("we listened" my behind).

Firstly, why do you need consensus? Why phrase the thread title "can we agree" instead of just stating your opinion? Makes you look very weak.

Secondly, crafted legendaries are currently not failing at all on larger servers where they are under 25k for every 291 slot, and you can buy Torghast mats with flux. The large barrier to entry was a large problem earlier, and may still be on smaller servers.

As usual the .0 implementation kinda sucks but the .2 is cool.

In my low populated server this system is a big fail. At the begining, a few ppl got their legendary recipes leveled up for free thanks to the ppl who farmed the mats. After they got their 4th rank recipes, they only sell them between 150k-500k. Now they refuse to craft it for you if you provide mats and some gold. This make a lot of people quit the game. I had 1M gold at the begining, now I have 500k. I lost 500k plus all the gold I earned by doing quests, xmog runs, daily content, etc.

This should be addressed in patch 9.1.5 or 9.2 giving everyone the ability to craft their own level 6/9 legendary.

So, I like the idea of crafting my own armor piece, but the way it was implemented sucks.

Sorry for my english. I hope you can understamd what I mean ☺

Yup it failed hard. There was no excitement for getting your legendary, the crafting system to get higher ranks was horrendously bland, & a lot of the legendaries are just boring in general.

They don't feel legendary, they feel mandatory, and even at that, they are so common, all they did was shift rare gear to epic and epic gear to Legendary. I guess the legend part is having to get a lot of gold to buy one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I think legendaries in general have failed post-WoD. In MOP and WOD (and briefly in BFA) they were universalized and everyone had to pursue them as part of their vertical progression, but at least they were uniform and there was no 'lottery' component to them.
    I would call a PvP win to advance legendary questline a "lottery" if you're not playing Horde.

Legion and SL broke it by putting your vertical progression at mercy of RNG in one or more ways.
    Yeah but the effects were better. Spec changing instead of oh look your cloak will proc something that does more healing/damage. Or your ring is a raid cooldown that you actually don't get to use.

Personally I think the best era of legendaries was Wrath and Cata. Like Thunderfury they were a guild progress effort, but they were slightly more accessible than TF was (in original vanilla; in Classic they were like kudzu and I'm sure Val'anyr and Shadowmourne will be like kudzu as well). And in Wrath and Cata they put more effort into giving them lore development and the sense of a special experience that kept them relevant even as obsolete content to farm.

I hope they get back to that, and maybe do two at a time so they cover more roles/classes at a time per iteration.
    The problem is that you have so many classes/specs now... Do you really want to tell the playerbase hey this xpac, it's X classes turn to get a "legendary" the rest will need to wait for the next xpac. Oh and forget about seeing a "legendary" if your class was the one we just did in the last xpac because it's going to be a decade before we get back to you since we're doing only 2 at a time... Of the 36 specs and 12 classes.. (Well now 38 specs and 13 classes in DF)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    The actual crafting element was fine. Gating a key component behind Torghast a huge mistake though.
    Which they have reversed course now. CF can literally buy you enough for a rank 6 in terms of Soul Ash/Cinders...
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they worked great. I made over 2 million gold in about 6 weeks solely by flipping legendaries from people who were too dumb or impatient to price them decently. And that is with me having started playing the AH after a month into the expansion with only 80k to start with.

It also helped that the autopricing at the start would default to the lowest price, regardless of the ilvl of the legendary. Getting 210/225/235 for the price of 190 and reselling them at their proper price, that was literally the most fun I had in SL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezull View Post
    Secondly, crafted legendaries are currently not failing at all on larger servers where they are under 25k for every 291 slot, and you can buy Torghast mats with flux. The large barrier to entry was a large problem earlier, and may still be on smaller servers.

As usual the .0 implementation kinda sucks but the .2 is cool.
    Which is why a unified AH across a region is what WoW really needs. Add in all that supply and let competition drive down the prices to "affordable" levels. The AH is stupidly broken on servers with medium population or lower.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I stopped reading at the bolded part because thats where you 1. Contradicted yourself, and 2. Showed you are a lfr raider.
    the fact that you think performance means only output shows you can keep spending gold on ilevel, but still keep failing basic mechanics, making the former redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Runicblood View Post
    Crafters profit is near 0 with all expensive secondary mats needed, while buyers have to be spending anywhere from 40-200k just to be relevant with their maxed leggo slots for one spec. If we start getting into off specs and alts, i think people are easily spending towards 1m gold.
    Profit is not near 0 for most of us. On my small server profit has decreased but I average around 500k-1M profit per day. It was around 2M profit per day a couple weeks ago.

As someone who made many gold caps worth of gold selling legendaries I agree this system is so stupid. If they are going to implement a crafting system for legendaries they need to make it way more available to players like what they are doing in 9.2.5. Beginning of 9.2 it would cost around 200k-400k to unlock one max rank legendary recipe which is too high a barrier for most players.

I'd love to know how many tokens were purchased to fund players being able to afford legendaries.

No, we can't agree. Crafted legendaries are sixty nine billion times better than the trash RNG and time gated systems from Legion and BfA. I didn't get my optimal legendaries in Legion until Tomb of Sargeras, whereas some people logging twice per week got theirs as first or second drop. I'd never pay a sub again for such a trash system.

291 ilevel bases are ~50k on my server, obviously was more at 9.2 launch. The secondary crafting materials being expensive is silly, but nothing compared to the RNG frustration from Legion. If you are doing content where 291 legendary actually matters and you must really get that instead of 262 (also considering you get the belt for free), you are likely spending a lot more on consumables, because you also don't enter without flasks, runes, healing pots, stat pots, invis pots, oils, feasts and repair bills. All of these costs I cover by completing callings through running dungeons.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.