Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    I'm surprised Blizzard isn't receiving more backlash for this. They couldn't even be arsed to create a whole new skeleton for the Dracthyr. You'd think they would after the fiasco that is Shadowlands.
    Because vast majority don't know much about skeletons in 3D except that it's used to drive animations at best. And the ones that do complain also know very little about skeletons as evident by their obsession of it as if it's so important that they are unique skeletons.

Newsflash, it's not important at all. I can use the same skeleton for 20 unique races and all of them having unique animations tied to it.
    Most skeletons are generated through scripts and if you can reuse skeletons to speed up the rigging process you should absolutely do so because that means you have more time doing things with the skeleton rather than wasting time creating it.

https://www.cbr.com/assassins-creed-...etons-ubisoft/

As long as the skeleton is doing it's job, it's good. The less time they spend on making a skeleton. The better. More time for everything else.
    Don't get me wrong, you can call them lazy for doing whatever and complain if they reuse animations but that has nothing to do with reusing a skeleton. Since you can copy animations from one rig to another if the bones are named correctly. And any rig that you copy over to another model still, most likely, requires work because the new model probably need new tools for certain animations tied to said model and it's details.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Drakthyr look unique and fine all on their own footing, at this point people are just complaining for the hell of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    I am not all that hard into lore n stuff, but don't dragons take on humanoid form to interact with humanoids and not scare them (and in case of black dragon to deceit them easier). It kinds of defeat the purpose to shapeshift to humanoid to still have dragonish features all over the damn face XD
    Viseages should be just normal regular races with no visible differences, oh and they should be ALL in, not just female human and male human, or just something else like Nozdormu humanoid form is a mix between night elf and high elf with normal human colouring.
    I just assumed that since the Dracthyr are artificially created, they are not "True Dragons" and so, their forms are more limited.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Drakthyr look unique and fine all on their own footing, at this point people are just complaining for the hell of it.
    People are complaining because they think they look like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    People are complaining because they think they look like crap.
    But... they don't... Simple as.

For you that might be true, obviously for others not so much.

I for one don't like the drac'thyr model it just looks off to me, very lanky and the visage form just looks downright fake with glued on scales.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you like them then cool but it seems many others do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Because vast majority don't know much about skeletons in 3D except that it's used to drive animations at best. And the ones that do complain also know very little about skeletons as evident by their obsession of it as if it's so important that they are unique skeletons.

Newsflash, it's not important at all. I can use the same skeleton for 20 unique races and all of them having unique animations tied to it.
    Most skeletons are generated through scripts and if you can reuse skeletons to speed up the rigging process you should absolutely do so because that means you have more time doing things with the skeleton rather than wasting time creating it.

https://www.cbr.com/assassins-creed-...etons-ubisoft/

As long as the skeleton is doing it's job, it's good. The less time they spend on making a skeleton. The better. More time for everything else.
    Don't get me wrong, you can call them lazy for doing whatever and complain if they reuse animations but that has nothing to do with reusing a skeleton. Since you can copy animations from one rig to another if the bones are named correctly. And any rig that you copy over to another model still, most likely, requires work because the new model probably need new tools for certain animations tied to said model and it's details.
    Most people can immediately tell the Dracthyr are just reskinned humans and blood elves, even their idle stance is the same. It just reeks of laziness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    For you that might be true, obviously for others not so much.

I for one don't like the drac'thyr model it just looks off to me, very lanky and the visage form just looks downright fake with glued on scales.
    Their dragon form looks like an upright gecko with wings.