Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    With all the requests for the option to use visage form in combat, a potential 3rd spec could be a ranged dps or healer spec that doesn't use any of the animations that require the dragon form allowing the player to remain in visage form full time in combat.
    And the perfect name for that spec would be.... wait for it... MORTAL COMBAT!!

Why would they need a third spec really? Having only 2 specs is totally fine in my eyes. From an rpg standpoint as well as a gameplay one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly i still want a tank one if only due to the paralells with shaman.

That or a melee one that is more of a 2h battlemage that maybe builds charges for heavy hitting spells attacks but mostly uses melee(unless claws must be used in which case naybe charges up for breath attacks and other extra strong abilities)

I like the idea with spec using visage form in combat, but it would be weird with some base class skills. Anywy it would be a good compromise for whose who don't like draconic form and prefer visage form. I don't know how to explain it lorewise that their prefer to use the combat in visage, but that would be a good oopurtunity to insert something like a battle mage, that isn't enhancement shaman and stays more ranged. Maybe even bow-based specialization to at last have a second class using this kind of weapon? Like some kind of "magic ranger"?

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and go whacky.

Summoner spec.

Literally use the Dragon Mount you customize in Dragonflight as a tool of destruction. It doesn't have to be present in all your abilities, but have it present when casting certain spells and calldowns.
    Love this idea.

I don't trust BLZ because DH still has only 2 specs.

No, the ranged DPS goes away and becomes a tank built around using its dragon-like physical abilities to mitigate damage.

In fact, we need more tanks.
    Beast mastery hunter becomes a tank that shares damage and mitigation between the hunter and his pet, operating a bit like tank and off tank and freely swapping between the two depending on the fight.
    Combat rogue becomes a tank using a buckler and pistol that evades and parries damage while debuffing and crippling its opponents.
    Elemental shaman uses totems to redirect and control damage as well as lesser elementals for crowd control and managing boss abilities like fear and stuns. Greater elemental become cool downs for high damage parts of the fight like enrages or as an oh shit button.
    Demonology lock gets meta back and becomes discount demon hunter.
    Shadow priest is also a tank because everyone must be a tank- they shift in and out of void form and dispersion while attacking the boss's mind, reducing its hit chance and increasing swing and cast timers. The void comes to its aid by binding mobs and sapping their mana, forcing caster types to melee.
    Arcane mage, tank. Time magic or something.
    No more moonkin because ranged DPS is not #savage, but demon hunter gets a second tank spec. Moar tank.

Tank. Tank. Tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Im ok with not being a tanker. Even if this is all lame and the class could have easily 4 specs.

Another DPS would make most sense, melee, putting claws and teeth at use, especially fi they are stupidly hellbent in not giving the race another class, people could at elast play a melee dps instead of ranged.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, especially when they said gameplay>lore, and are not caring about lore for 4 expansions in a row, to suddenly say they care about lore is like a bad joke.
    They also said it's primarily a caster aswell and casting times with melee just doesnt work so I would really not get your hopes up for a melee class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    No, the ranged DPS goes away and becomes a tank built around using its dragon-like physical abilities to mitigate damage.

Beast mastery hunter becomes a tank that shares damage and mitigation between the hunter and his pet, operating a bit like tank and off tank and freely swapping between the two depending on the fight.
    Combat rogue becomes a tank using a buckler and pistol that evades and parries damage while debuffing and crippling its opponents.
    Elemental shaman uses totems to redirect and control damage as well as lesser elementals for crowd control and managing boss abilities like fear and stuns. Greater elemental become cool downs for high damage parts of the fight like enrages or as an oh shit button.
    Demonology lock gets meta back and becomes discount demon hunter.
    Shadow priest is also a tank because everyone must be a tank- they shift in and out of void form and dispersion while attacking the boss's mind, reducing its hit chance and increasing swing and cast timers. The void comes to its aid by binding mobs and sapping their mana, forcing caster types to melee.
    Arcane mage, tank. Time magic or something.
    No more moonkin because ranged DPS is not #savage, but demon hunter gets a second tank spec. Moar tank.

Tank. Tank. Tank.
    More like ENH shaman or 4th soec goes tank

The rogue could be a dual wield parry tank

The hunter idea i legit love with it being you and your pet standing toe to toe against your foes and the split damage could be said to be covering for each other.

Arcane mafe tank could be interesting. I know rift has a mage tank spec that focuses on ice shields.

Tbh all this could easily be 4th spec shit with a mage one based on the BE Spellbreaker(glaives/swords and shields) or just use magical energy to manage energy shields, the shamans an earthwarden spec obviously using earth to create shields, warlock could be a new thing where they merge with there demon gaining different skills based on the demon they infuse themselves with, a new proest soec that maybe focuses on healing as they damage foes so maybe call it Twilight or chaos.

And no i am not joking. This kinda shit would be pure win imo.

There's no deep thought there other than about Blizzard's hate boner for ranged DPS, which is why elemental would go tank rather than enhancement (melee is #savage), along with removing balance and whatever the evoker's ranged spec is called. And the lack of coffee is why I didn't have any thought about that to do with mage for tank. And only three specs, no fourth- thus adding a second tank to demon hunter and maybe two tanks to evoker. Or two healer specs and a tank spec. Maybe three tank specs if we're really going all tanks all the time.

I'm actually not onboard with ever class having a tank and/or healing spec, largely because those are restricted roles in group play. Why have 13 or more tank specs when they're all competing for two slots in raid and one in m+ party? The lack of tanks is a dungeon design issue and social issue, and adding more specs won't make more people available to tank pugs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    They also said it's primarily a caster aswell and casting times with melee just doesnt work so I would really not get your hopes up for a melee class.
    And like i said, is lame.

You are playing "dragons" dragons always will be primarily "melee" monsters, attacking their maw, claws, tail and wings, using their muscles and bodies to dominate foes

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So what else could their third spec be?

My suggestion;

A ranged Earth/Magma based spec with a few hints of Void corruption;

Utilizing Deathwing's offensive abilities from HotS that offers two sets of abilities depending on what form you're in;

https://heroesofthestorm.fandom.com/wiki/Deathwing

What do you think the third spec could/should be?
    There is zero point in a third spec for Evoker that isn't tank.

Im happy Evokers will never be tanks. This game doesnt need more tank classes.

Oh, and Im happy too because there are no Tinkers. Because, you know, Tinkers will NEVER happen. And thats a good new.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    Tbh, they argument about "there will be no tank spec because Evokers are spellcasters" is total bs.
    Blizz, you are developers! You set the rules! You decide what is mean to be a tank or spelcaster. Tank-spelcaster would be an original take on tanking role.
    Stop using artificial limits as excuses for lack of creativity.
    just as you said: they are the developers. they set the rules. they decide who's get to be tank or spellcaster

not defending - just pointing out a weak argument - i also find it weird that a dragon doesn't get to be a tank
    maybe it just doesn't scale very well...get it? scale?

...it's late here, okay?

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess something that represents the black dragonflight since the other 4 and represented in the other two specs, maybe a dot spec that deals with black and bronze magic?

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Just my 2 cents here but I think Ion excuse is not valid at all.

The earthwarden, which has a shield dedicated as in his namesake. That has giant metal plates grafted into his flesh. That harnesses the very power of the earth, one that shamans actually used to pseudo tank. Cannot create dracthyr that are a bit tanky? WHILE THEY HAVE SCALES THAT DRAGONS HAVE? The same scales that make great armor? This is lame, they lost a great opportunity to give us a tank that uses the power of the earth that shamans once had.

That being said, I can see his next spec being something of a red mage like in FFXIV, jumping into the action, mabing using ranged attack to heat up his claw and then jumping into melee to attack them until they cool off and have to return to ranged and repeat the process. It could be pretty cool.

Agreed, frick Ion. He needs to be removed from the dev team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    There is zero point in a third spec for Evoker that isn't tank.
    So I guess there is zero point in Frost or Fire Mage...zero point in Affliction or Destruction Warlock...zero point in Discipline Priest?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post

Oh, and Im happy too because there are no Tinkers. Because, you know, Tinkers will NEVER happen. And thats a good new.
    Tinkers really live in your head rent free! You're showing them!

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post

Adding another tank doesn't take anything away from the game, and adds potential to be interesting and bring in more tanks. I'd agree that the game doesn't need any other melee, but can always use more tank/heal specs providing they are unique and different enough to bring new players into the role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    Yes and no. We do need more tanks. What we do not need, however, are more tank specs. None of the 3 previous classes has led to a noticeable increase in the number of tanks. The problem isn't lack of tank-capable classes. People don't want to be tanks.

Why I don't think Evokers need a Tank spec, I kinda want them to have another DPS one. As much as justifications about lore might seem sound, at the end of the day, a class with 2 specs simply offers less than a class with 3. And the only way that truly would feel more justifiable is if we saw more classes being added instead of 1 every 4-5 years.

I wouldn't have issues with 2 spec classes if we at least got more classes, but now having the 2 latest classes just with two, just feels like less player choice. TBH, if they added specs in between new classes here and there, that could work as well.

As a bit of an aside, kinda interesting that we don't have any Mail Tanking specs.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yes and no. We do need more tanks. What we do not need, however, are more tank specs. None of the 3 previous classes has led to a noticeable increase in the number of tanks. The problem isn't lack of tank-capable classes. People don't want to be tanks.
    This, pretty much.